Shadow of the Colossus

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Sweet Sassy Molassey!!!!! This game is just beautiful.

Solid controls....amazing cutscenes....just OMFG!!!!!! This is one of those games that push the boundries of gaming into the art dimension. Could a game be considered as art??? Colossus can.........

Seriously.......buy it.............

Review

small1111408729_1.jpg

wanda-1.jpg

shadow-of-the-colossus-20050518051902554.jpg

shadowcolossus-3-thumb.jpg

This is by the same guys who made ICO, if I'm not mistaken.

Anybody who owned a PS2 when ICO came out and passed on picking it up has little right to complain about the staleness of the gaming industry.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I saw a trailer of this game.... Amazing...its the only word i find to describe it... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I hope this game is greeted with more success than ICO. It definitely looks awesome, but it wouldn't bode well for the team to have two commercial failures in a row, no matter how many critical raves they get.

Hm. Must ask (read: plead to) my editor if I can get this one for a feature-length review.

Yeah...it's made by the same people who made "Ico" which was #3 in my top 5 PS2 games. "Ico" will now have to settle for #4...............loser. :lol:

I too hope this game doesn't get ignored or lost in shuffle of mediocre games being released like "Sly 3" or "The Suffering 2". There have been so many good games like "Beyond Good and Evil" that have fallen by the wayside because so many 13 year olds have been clamoring for sandbox games where they can go on evil GTA-style rampages.:roll:

Oh well..........as long as companies keep making these kinda rare gems......I'll be happy. And if all else fails...I can go back and beat my Onimusha trilogy. :D

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah...it's made by the same people who made "Ico" which was #3 in my top 5 PS2 games. "Ico" will now have to settle for #4...............loser. :lol:

I too hope this game doesn't get ignored or lost in shuffle of mediocre games being released like "Sly 3" or "The Suffering 2". There have been so many good games like "Beyond Good and Evil" that have fallen by the wayside because so many 13 year olds have been clamoring for sandbox games where they can go on evil GTA-style rampages.:roll:

Oh well..........as long as companies keep making these kinda rare gems......I'll be happy. And if all else fails...I can go back and beat my Onimusha trilogy. :D

Jean Reno.. the only good of France... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Ummmmmm....hello?!?!?! French toast...french fries?!?!?!?! :lol:

But yeah....Onimusha 1 was the first PS2 title I ever owned. I remember popping it into the player for the first time and being blown away by the sheer awesomeness of it.

Onimusha 2 was ok. The different playable characters were fun.....especially Magoichi. But it took too long to power up weapons. Most of my gameplay time was spent trying to collect souls.

Onimusha 3's opening video. Hands down..........pound for pound----the best intro ever!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

But I digress from my original topic......I'm on the flying Colossus now. One word: OMFG!!!!!! :shock:

Ok....so its 4 words...but I made it one. :p

Oh, I know about this game. sorry thought it was about Colossus or something. ICO was awesome.

Too bad he only does the first ten minutes worth of dialog in Onimusha when his character speaks French. I was very annoyed to find out that somebody else proxied for him in the English dialog.

ourchair said:
Too bad he only does the first ten minutes worth of dialog in Onimusha when his character speaks French. I was very annoyed to find out that somebody else proxied for him in the English dialog.

Yeah but it's been scientifically proven that Jean Reno can only say 6 English words without sounding like he's failing "Hooked On Phonics". Interesting fact is that "hello" or "good-bye" aren't on that list. :lol:

MUH-TEEL-DUH!!!!! :roll:

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah but it's been scientifically proven that Jean Reno can only say 6 English words without sounding like he's failing "Hooked On Phonics". Interesting fact is that "hello" or "good-bye" aren't on that list. :lol:

MUH-TEEL-DUH!!!!! :roll:
I think Reno's English is fine. Whether or not he can actually speak the language fluently, he's played so many token French characters in Clancy-esque action thrillers that the 'Frenchman's English' dialogue he's had to spout in such movies is perfectly comprehensible.

i've been wanting to play this game for a while, and now that i'm in finals week i have plenty of time....simply put....this game is freaking ridonkulously amazing....its poetry in motion....an amazing piece of work...i only have 2 colossi left to beat, and i'm sad knowing that it's almost over. if you have a ps2, you should give this game a try

Dude, this game is awesome, its just amazing killing such colossal enemies and you only with a sword and a bow. I got only disapointed with the ending.
Man i have all the OST from Shadow of the Colossus on my pc. One of the best I've heard.

Latest posts

Back