She-Hulk series (Soule & Pulido) SPOILERS

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
SOULE & PULIDO LAUNCH "SHE-HULK" FOR ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW!

February 2014.

1380209272.jpg

Re: She-Hulk series (Soule & Pulido)

A lawyer writing She-Hulk? I may just give this a try.

Re: She-Hulk series (Soule & Pulido)

I read #1 yesterday and it was a great read. If you like Hawkeye, you'll like this. They have a similar kind of vibe.

So I finally tracked this down and read the first issue on Ice's suggestion (even though he likes X-Men comics).

And...it was pretty great! It does indeed have a very similar tone to Hawkeye, and I really, really like that take on superhero comics: seeing how these characters react and behave in a real world setting and not having them constantly fighting whoever the villain of the week is.

I wasn't sure what to expect having it written by a lawyer and wondered if it was just going to be endless legal gobbledygook that would be over my head but that wasn't the case at all. There was a lot of dialogue but it was good so I didn't mind at all.

I want more books written like this.

If this comic was a person I would do so many dirty things to it

So I finally tracked this down and read the first issue on Ice's suggestion
Yay! :D

(even though he likes X-Men comics).
Hey! :(

And...it was pretty great! It does indeed have a very similar tone to Hawkeye, and I really, really like that take on superhero comics: seeing how these characters react and behave in a real world setting and not having them constantly fighting whoever the villain of the week is.

I wasn't sure what to expect having it written by a lawyer and wondered if it was just going to be endless legal gobbledygook that would be over my head but that wasn't the case at all. There was a lot of dialogue but it was good so I didn't mind at all.

I want more books written like this.

Hey! :(

Mood Swings and Bipolar Disorder

The mood swings of bipolar disorder can be profoundly destructive. Depression can make you isolate yourself from your friends and loved ones. You may find it impossible to get out of bed, let alone keep your job. During manic periods, you be may be reckless and volatile.

Picking up the pieces after mood swings can be hard. The people whom you need most -- especially your friends and family -- may be angry with you or reluctant to help.

The best way to avoid these mood swings is to get treatment for bipolar disorder. But unfortunately, periods of hypomania, mania, or depression aren't completely preventable. Even people who always take their medication and are careful with their health can still have mood swings from time to time.

That's why it's important to catch changes in your mood, energy levels, and sleeping patterns before they develop into something serious.

Mood Swing Triggers in Bipolar Disorder

At first, mood swings may take you by surprise if you have bipolar disorder. But over time, you might start to see patterns or signs that you're entering a period of mania or depression. Aside from a shift in your mood, look for changes in your:

Sleep patterns
Energy level
Alcohol or drug use
Sex drive
Self-esteem
Concentration

Mood episodes in bipolar disorder often occur spontaneously, for no particular reasons. Sometimes, however, you may discover particular "triggers" -- situations or events that can provoke a period of mania or depression, such as sleep deprivation, or crossing multiple time zones when traveling. Some people find they're more likely to become depressed or manic during stressful times at work or during holidays. Many people see seasonal patterns to their mood changes. Of course, not everyone can identify triggers. Also, some triggers can't be anticipated or avoided, like a serious illness or a traumatic event.

One good way to see patterns or triggers in your bipolar disorder is to keep a journal. Make note of big events, stresses, your medication dosage, and the amount of sleep you're getting. Over time, you might see some patterns emerge.

If you know what your triggers are, you can prepare for times when you might be most vulnerable. Ask for more help from co-workers. Have your family and friends check in more often so you get extra support.

If you see the signs of potential trouble, get help. Don't wait for the mood swing to pass on its own. With quick intervention, you might be able to stop a very minor mood swing from becoming a serious problem.

The Appeal of Mania in Bipolar Disorder

When people with bipolar disorder are depressed, they almost always know that something is wrong. Nobody likes feeling that way.

But it's different for people who are hypomanic or manic. Often, they don't think anything is wrong. Or if they notice a difference in their mood and personality, they think it's an improvement.

Mania and hypomania can be seductive. You might feel more energized, creative, and interesting. You might be able to get extraordinary amounts of work done. So what's the problem?

Manic phases often turn destructive. Some consequences of a manic episode can't be undone. You can wipe out your savings account. You can have affairs that ruin your marriage. You can lose your job. Most dangerous of all, mania can make you do things that risk your life or the lives of others.

Although hypomania or mania can feel good at the moment, in the long run, you'll be happier, healthier, more productive, and more successful if you can maintain a stable mood.

I went to pick up my comics today and ended up picking up both of these issues. I'm not adding it to my pulls just yet but I think I'll continue to pick it up.

#3 keeps the momentum going of the greatness that is this series with She-Hulk trying to get Political Asylum for Kristoff, Dr. Doom's son. I hope Soule can keep up the great work with Pulido. There's some issues, don't know how many, where Pulido will not be drawing, but I believe he's coming back.

This Ron Wimberly artist that's been on the last two issues has made the book a chore to read. The story is good, just it's hard to concentrate with the terrible art. The guy has no handle on proper perspective either. And She-Hulk looks like different monsters almost every time she fights.

Pulido's return can't come fast enough...

It's really bad when I'm looking at panels on the same page and the only reason I know who is who is because Jennifer Walters is green and the other person isn't.

This Ron Wimberly artist that's been on the last two issues has made the book a chore to read.

You're being kind.

It's really bad when I'm looking at panels on the same page and the only reason I know who is who is because Jennifer Walters is green and the other person isn't.

This.

Terrible, terrible stuff. I actually buy this book and I don't want to drop it for a couple issues, but I sure don't like spending my money on this crap.

Latest posts

Back