She-Hulk V2 thread

MoS

Starting NOW! Here's a preview of She-Hulk V2 #1, up on Newsarama. The first issue is due out 10/19 (that's actually a week EARLIER than previously scheduled).

Looks good. Pretty much you are either a Bobillo fan or you're not, no real middle ground there. I think his art is a good compliment to Slott's humor, though I liked Pelletier rather well, too. But I like Jen, and I particularly like the fact that in the preview she doesn't jump at Cap's offer. Looking forward to the series and the (brief though it may be) return of Hawkeye to the 616 therein. However it is that works out.

I could never get into She-Hulk. Savage was terrible and the pseudo-satrical version by Byrne was unreadable. Plus I always felt like a perv for reading it. :oops:

I keep hearing how good it is - nice to finally get a preview. I'll check it out.

I enjoyed V1 (Volume 1? Season one? Dan Slott's last run) so I'll probably be checking this out. Didn't order it though, so it might be a while.

I got the first 4 issues or so of the first run, it's very enjoyable, quite amusing. Just one of those books that slipped off the radar.
Classic line from Spidey in the court scene "I know why Jameson doesn't like me. It's because I'm black" Genius :D

And like E, I too felt like a perv for reading it, the difference being that I enjoyed that :)

LOVED the first 'season' -- yes, even the long, drawn-out Titania arc. So I'm already on board for the new run.

I liked Bobillo A LOT more than Pelletier's (somehow, when Pelletier does the pseudo-80s thing, it comes off a lot worse than the guy who does the Freedom Force art), and it's just growing by leaps and bounds, if this preview is any indication. For some reason, Bobillo's work reminds me of early Chris Bachalo crossed with mange influences, and I mean that in the best way possible, I assure you.

Love that she's opting to continue going solo -- or at least incilined to do so, for now. It was a lot of fun when she lived in the Mansion but that's already been done, and I much prefer to see her interactions with her more straight-laced office-mates, anyway.

(I presume Damage Control rebuilt the apartment where all the employees of the law firm were living.)

Oh, and you know what makes me feel even MORE of a perv -- I've really missed Southpaw! :twisted: Hope she turns up in the current run, sooner or later.

Also, I'm hoping the first issue/arc resolves wherether
Mallory Book survived the attack on the law offices. Seems like Pug was belatedly developing an interest in her, and I'd like to see the dude get some well-deserved attention from Jen's rival, if Shulkie insists on shacking up with Space Cadet Jameson (who is, like, totally wrong for her).
Sorry! The series just brings out the Inner Chick Lit Reader in me. :oops:

Last edited:
Well, depending on how "spoiled" you want to be, Buzzscope just put up a longer preview that includes a semi-recap and some interesting new Shulkie details.

There are two full-issue She-Hulk previews on the net - one from Slott's V1 (drawn by Bobillo) She-Hulk V1 #5 and the other the start of the second trade arc, drawn by Paul Pelletier She-Hulk V1 #8

Rhyo said:
Well, depending on how "spoiled" you want to be, Buzzscope just put up a longer preview that includes a semi-recap and some interesting new Shulkie details.[/URL]
Okay, so we now know the first arc will involve some kind of time-travel device. I trust Slott not to do anything stupid with this little fact, and I suspect it will lead to some interesting legal hi-jinks.

But I'm also wondering if that will be used an excuse by Slott to ret-con away his own bulking-up of She-Hulk during the cosmic arc in volume 1, for aesthetic reasons. The extra mass, I thought, served its purpose in the Champion story, and it helped to ease the 'perv factor' by making Shulkie less typically sexy, and well... more Hulk-ish. But I still think I prefer the leaner, less ripped version of her better.

compound said:
I liked Bobillo A LOT more than Pelletier's (somehow, when Pelletier does the pseudo-80s thing, it comes off a lot worse than the guy who does the Freedom Force art)
Isn't the guy who does the art for Freedom Force also doing the art for Godland? I thought you liked him a lot.

To be honest, I liked the artists of the Freedom Force game more than I liked the artist of the Freedom Force comic. His imitations of Kirby-style forced perspective and foreshortening look a little more stiff than the King's Silver-Age stuff.
UltimateE said:
I could never get into She-Hulk. Savage was terrible and the pseudo-satrical version by Byrne was unreadable. Plus I always felt like a perv for reading it.
My first exposure to She-Hulk was in the 1980s Incredible Hulk cartoons, so I've never understood the cult of sexiness that the Jade Giantess has enjoyed all throughout the late 80s to early 90s.

I acknowledge that she's meant to be an attractive woman, and yet even when she's being forced to wear purple string bikinis it's not something I acknowledge as even being INTENTIONALLY exploitative on the part of Marvel's artists, probably because Shulkie looked tame next to the hyperpneumatic gals of Images start-up titles.

I suspect that because of the confidence, sass and other slightly superficial hints of a personality behind Shulkie's physique makes me less inclined to recognize those pervy aspects at all.

compound said:
I liked Bobillo A LOT more than Pelletier's (somehow, when Pelletier does the pseudo-80s thing, it comes off a lot worse than the guy who does the Freedom Force art)
ourchair said:
Isn't the guy who does the art for Freedom Force also doing the art for Godland? I thought you liked him a lot.
Perhaps it wasn't clear from how I phrased it, but I meant that Tom Scioli's work on both Godland and Freedom Force is a perfect example of how the faux-Silver Age retro art style can work perfectly, in a more contemporary title.

But Pelletier's art shows just how easily a similar approach can turn (literally) ugly. It's not bad visual story-telling at all; in fact, Pelletier's quite good with making his characters 'act' -- I just don't like the aesthetics; the fundamental visual style.

Okay, so maybe it's not a fair comparison -- Pelletier has a lot more late 70s/early 80s influences in his work, but I don't actually regard that as a good thing.

UltimateE said:
I could never get into She-Hulk. Savage was terrible and the pseudo-satrical version by Byrne was unreadable. Plus I always felt like a perv for reading it. :oops:

I keep hearing how good it is - nice to finally get a preview. I'll check it out.

You read her books? Wow, I didn't even know the book had words.

I don't know how many other people here read this....but She-Hulk is awesome!!!

Dan Slott has created this perfect little comic. It's just fun to read. Greg Horn drew me in with his covers.....but Slott's stories have kept me coming back for more.

Right now it's late at night and I can't actually put into words how and why this is awesome...........just know that it is.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
I'm probably going to start buying She-Hulk with Issue 22 -- PETER DAVID starts his run on the book. (See Newsarama for the interview.)

I would love to read all of Slott's trades (and I do have Vol. 1) but I don't have the money.

Latest posts

Back