Should I get Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker?

Is Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker worth $60?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Okay, Gamecube games are pretty rare in NZ, mostly because the Gamecube failed here and no one sold the games. However, now that I have a Wii, I've been looking for some Gamecube games to buy and play on it.

So far, I think the two I would most like to play are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I found both of them on an NZ auction site, but SSBM has already gone to $80 and will probably still rise and I won't get a chance to win that. However, there are a few Wind Wakers up there, one with a buy now for $60. I am tempted to buy it now... but is it worth that much?

I like the graphics and the game looks neat, plus I've heard it's quite a good game. I'd also need to grab a Gamecube controller to play it and I guess a Gamecube memory card to save it...

Should I get it?

Definetly, yes.

The gameplay is exciting as is the story. It's fun, a nice change in Zelda lore in terms of looks (and no Epona), but it's great. It has its humorous moments and is overall a must have.

Hell, I've played it 2 or 3 times over.

Wind Waker dude is ****ing awesome , I don't like Zelda games and even I loved Wind Waker.

BUT if you are worried about the price look for a "freeloader" or "action replay" for cube so can play games from anywhere then look for usa and europe games might be cheaper

Definetly, yes.

The gameplay is exciting as is the story. It's fun, a nice change in Zelda lore in terms of looks (and no Epona), but it's great. It has its humorous moments and is overall a must have.

Hell, I've played it 2 or 3 times over.

I pretty much agree, I have the chibi style (mainly because I was expecting TP style greatness) But I've played half of it, its good has a great story, it's fun. I personally just can't get over the style enough to buy it

If you've played phantom hourglass, it's a continuation of those same characters, so then you know you'd enjoy it if you played that. IMO, it's a must have for any Zelda enthusiast.

I pretty much agree, I have the chibi style (mainly because I was expecting TP style greatness) But I've played half of it, its good has a great story, it's fun. I personally just can't get over the style enough to buy it

See, the cel shaded animation is what is drawing me to it. It looks like a nice change from other games and it looks neat.

If you've played phantom hourglass, it's a continuation of those same characters, so then you know you'd enjoy it if you played that. IMO, it's a must have for any Zelda enthusiast.

I haven't played Phantom Hourglass. The only Zelda game I own is Twilight Princess, and I've played a bit of the N64 games and the SNES game.

Absolutely. It only has two downfalls: a small amount of dungeons and the god-forsaken sailing (A quest near the end of the game will have you cursing at the person who decided sailing was a good idea). It does have one of the best final boss fights ever, though.

And I can't get a freeloader because apparently the latest Wii update makes it useless.

but $60!? In the states you could get it for probably $20 or less.

Ah but he's in NZ not USA , I know in the uk we pay an average of £40 per game which works out at $80 u.s. and get them weeks or even moths (hell some like animal crossing on gamecube a year!) after you.

so $60 from how much he said the other one went for might be worth it to him.

And I can't get a freeloader because apparently the latest Wii update makes it useless.

That sucks I wanted to freeloader a few of the games we never got here

Last edited:
$60 (US I'm assuming) is 30 pounds over here. I wouldn't buy ZELDA: WIND WAKER for that much. I would buy it for maybe 15 pounds.

But that's because I don't particularly like solo games.

However - WIND WAKER is a wonderful game. I absolutely loved it. Zelda games were something my brother and I always played together, and when I got Zelda we played it together. When he moved to Egypt, I stopped playing it and returned it to the friend who lent me.

But I really did enjoy it a great deal. It is an exceedingly fun game - but I wouldn't spend $60 on it.

But you? I dunno. :)

I don't particularly like solo games.

Would make a generic Masturbation joke here but I'll take the high ground and resist

But you are like me , I prefer multiplayer games too. E.g Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz for PS2 is an amazingly fun multiplayer game

$60NZ is equal to $45.70US.

Oh, and I would get multiplayer games, but I don't have friends.

Would make a generic Masturbation joke here but I'll take the high ground and resist

But you are like me , I prefer multiplayer games too. E.g Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz for PS2 is an amazingly fun multiplayer game

Awesome. Yes.

I bought a Wii precisely for the multi-player. I have BIG BRAIN ACADEMY and WARIOWARE and RAYMAN: RAVING RABBIDS and of course, WII SPORTS. I only have one Wii-mote and I want to get more so I can get MARIO PARTY 8 and MARIO AND SONIC OLYMPICS and other multi-player games.

I bought a Gamecube for the multi-player WARIOWARE and MARIO PARTY games. The only solo games I really enjoyed were HULK: ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION and GUITAR HERO.

We should totally get to a con together and multi-play the nights away. :D

Latest posts

Back