Should The Union show up in other Ultimate Books?

I wouldn't mind as long as its in the appropriate situation. Just dropping them into somewhere for the sake of having them there is just odd but having them in the right place is perfectly fine.

I hope The Union will get killed in Ultimates #6. They just don't fit in !

You might mean #5. Because the Defenders are in #6. I'd like to see an arc in UXM about Captain Britain needing Nightcrawler and Shadowcat for a special mission. Or the X-Men travel to Canada and find that the Candian Super-Soldier, the Guardian has his own team of super-heroes.

If they need to be in a story, sure. Otherwise, nah.

And they don't fit in? They haven't done anything yet. They only don't fit in in the sense that they're not American. But then, nor is Millar. (or Ellis for that matter)

TheManWithoutFear said:
My thoughts: No.
Spiderman... no chance
X-Men... possible, but really not worth it
The FF though? Doom is gonna be hanging about in Europe it seems, it makes sense that they could appear if the storyline required it.

Well, I'd really like to see how far their power can reach to. I believe that it's realistic to keep them within their respective countries, however, since they are part of a team it may be that boundaries can be overstepped and it wouldn't create conflict. I'm not reading the issue of the Ultimates so I'm not sure what they're all about.

I don't think they are out of place. I don't think Captain America should be the only national power in the world, let along Capt. Britain. They should be the most prominant, sure, but there should be other countries, too, that have their own heroes.

I'd like to see them... Ultimates is getting a little congested, so if they spread the characters out, I wouldn't mind it.

Goodwill said:
Well, I'd really like to see how far their power can reach to. I believe that it's realistic to keep them within their respective countries, however, since they are part of a team it may be that boundaries can be overstepped and it wouldn't create conflict. I'm not reading the issue of the Ultimates so I'm not sure what they're all about.
They're only a team in the sense that the European Union is an alliance. This doesn't mean they can just wander anywhere around Europe and not have nations get angry about it.

Guijllons said:
And they don't fit in? They haven't done anything yet. They only don't fit in in the sense that they're not American. But then, nor is Millar. (or Ellis for that matter)

They haven't done anything yet, and i don't hope they ever will. How the hell will Galactus have anychance against so many super heros ? We don't know anything about these guys past, only captain Britains 616 past.

How cool is that ?

SeAcoW said:
They haven't done anything yet, and i don't hope they ever will. How the hell will Galactus have anychance against so many super heros ?
Dude. He's Galactus. Ga. Lac. Tus. Gah. Lak. Tus.

I'm sitting here saying this aloud. I look so damn weird.

But seriously, he's got more than a fighting chance.

fantomex said:
i wanted to know what every thought of this idea?
Maybe somewhere way down the line, especially if the X-Men go on another European mission. But as of U2 #4, only four of the Union were actually ready for deployment (Britain, Italy, Spain, France), and the Thor technology was still MIA meaning they don't have their intended leader. And I saw no signs that one of the Captains was going to be in command of the rest. I think we have a better chance of seeing A Captain here and there than seeing multiple members of the team. Run into Cap Britain in England, Cap Spain in Spain, the German chick in Germany, etc.

I'd really prefer to see them in a cameo roll, or an accidental meeting roll. Have them visit Kurt Wagner's hometown and meet Captain Germany, or have them in the UK to see Moira and run into Captain Britain...

Hitch reckons, that instead of Ultimates 3, Marvel could do a series of special and minis. I assume that means Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Thor, and I think Ultimate Defenders and Ultimate Union (more pending depending on what's in Grand Theft America - possibly even Ultimate Nick Fury if the Ultimates dissent).

I think they'll show when someone wants 'em to.

SeAcoW said:
They haven't done anything yet, and i don't hope they ever will. How the hell will Galactus have anychance against so many super heros ? We don't know anything about these guys past, only captain Britains 616 past.

How cool is that ?

Well, the Union aren't about in the Ultimate secret story, I think. All of teh mini's are supposed to be happening in the year between the first series of the Ultimates and the second. So, Union are still being built, and Thor is on the team, and this is not 616, and it won't come down to a cheesey royal rumble of heroes against the big guy... I hope

And you hope they never will? Why? Whether they do or not is by the by, but hoping that they don't seems very short sighted.

Latest posts

Back