Should they make another Punisher movie?

The Overlord

I saw Punisher Warzone last night and it was terrible. There have 3 Punisher movies at this point and none of them have been good. Should they ever try to make a forth one and if so how do they break this cycle?

Yes they should.

Get Garth Ennis to write the script. NO ONE ELSE.

The problem with that is they would have to reboot the movies series again and they already did it twice.

I mean the first movie was bad but it was a product of its time, a shallow 80s action film, the second movie was bad, but not offensively bad, it was just sub par, they could have made sequel set in NYC staring Thomas Jane and in the right hands that would be a good film.

The third film is nightmarish, its the perfect **** storm, bad acting, bad story, everything looks ugly and manages to be very campy, yet very mean spirited at the same time. Its like a movie version of Ultimates 3. This one made the second one look like Citizen Kane.

I think they would need wait 10 years before trying to make another one, that's how bad the third one was.

Now Garth Ennis writing the script is a good start, but they need a director to make this stuff work (like Nolan did with Batman or Raimi with Spider-Man) and they need good actors to sell these characters (Warzone had some of the worst acting I have ever seen.)

Last edited:
The Punisher with Thomas Jane in it was pretty good, very under-rated. But it wasn't really a Punisher movie. If that makes any sense

Yes but it should be a comedy staring the Wayans brothers. Then there would be no way it could fail.

No.

What they need to do is turn Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX series into a Showtime or HBO series.

Get Ray Stevenson to return as Frank Castle and leave all silly *** 616 villains in the comics where they belong.

I would also like them to try a mini-series on HBO or Showtime - try out another medium. Get someone like Tony Scott to produce it, get Garth Ennis and pals to write some of the scripts - a bunch of one hour episodes. And one should be about Born.

It would be pretty awesome.

I think they should give a few more characters a shot at hitting the big screen before Punny gets lined up again.

I think Moon Knight would be great if they can get a script that sufficiently seperates him from Batman.

No you don't.

You can easily have a new Punisher movie without having to reboot it.

How so, how do you make a good Punisher movie as a sequel to war zone, which frankly wasted a bunch of characters from Max and was a complete train wreck.

Last edited:
How so, how do make a good Punisher movie as a sequel to war zone, which frankly wasted a bunch of characters from Max and was a complete train wreck.

retain Stevenson, get quality writers, new director, move Punisher to a new city like Chicago or Boston for awhile, and don't reference anything from War Zone.

retain Stevenson, get quality writers, new director, move Punisher to a new city like Chicago or Boston for awhile, and don't reference anything from War Zone.
Yeah.

And who says you have to make it a 'direct sequel' to War Zone? Punisher could be like the Bond movies. You can have sequels without having to be directly continued from the one before, and still be it's own movie at the same time.

I don't know about another movie with another actor, another director/producer/writer etc...

But if you think about it, The Punisher would make an excellent series. HBO, Showtime, whatever. None of the major networks, of course, but on cable it would be great. No hokey villains with bad New York accents. Short story arcs (3-6 epidsodes) where Frank is dealing with the scum of the earth in various locations. Indeed, I would want Garth Ennis on board as the head writer or even as executive producer with Tim Bradstreet pitching in with art direction or what-have-you.

The title is already there. Punisher: War Journal.

DO IT!

That is a reboot and frankly I liked Jane better then Stevenson.

War Zone wasted the slavers, Pittsy, Ink and Maginty, so to reuse those characters they have to reboot the thing.

Last edited:
Yeah, Punisher is one of those characters that doesn't need a continuity heavy structure, most of the Punisher stories I've read that have been any good have been very stand alone.

After watching the latest Rambo, I thought that Stallone could play the older Castle.

Latest posts

Back