Should Ultimate Six Return?

The Overlord

Should Ultimate Six Return? With members to replace Gobby and Spidey not being a member this time.

Dr. Octopus, Electro, Sandman and Kraven could still be members, with guys like Vulture and Rhino to round things out.

I guess my question is, "how?"

Another jailbreak? That would be a pretty poor intro seeing as how it's already been done. I don't see how else they could all be rounded up together.

And I think Norman has evolved past needing petty criminals to meet his needs.

Another jailbreak? That would be a pretty poor intro seeing as how it's already been done. I don't see how else they could all be rounded up together.

Buttt OMGERZX! Norman iz teh d3@d!!!111

I think someone said both were "dead" or something.

I think it's hilarious that neither of us can remember the ending to a story that just ended - what - last month? :lol:

Yeah Norman's dead, which is why I didn't put him on the line up. Which is I suggested Ock just be the leader, like he is the 616 universe.

As for how he rounds up the other members, simple, singing telegrams. :wink:

Last edited:
Should Ultimate Six Return? With members to replace Gobby and Spidey not being a member this time.

Dr. Octopus, Electro, Sandman and Kraven could still be members, with guys like Vulture and Rhino to round things out.

Only if they have several villains (not necessarily the same ones) rounded together by say the Kingpin or someone for a specific job

Only if they have several villains (not necessarily the same ones) rounded together by say the Kingpin or someone for a specific job

Now see the Kingpin could band them together, but he wouldn't be a member (like the 90s cartoon I guess), the problem is they need a competent field commander for that to work and there are very few USM villains that are competent. At this point Ock and Kingpin are the villains left who don't have the IQ of a walnut and Ock would never be Kingpin's servng boy. Heck this point it could be hard to have enough threatening villains to make a six team that the kingpin could actually use.

Maybe if Vulture was made competent, but then they would have to explain why he was such a screw up before.

Last edited:
I was just about to post that I'm sure Norman isn't dead.

Stop plagiarizing me, Joe Kalicki.

Well that would be pointless, IMO. Norman recieved his own character arc with a begining, middle and end. Norman dying was one of the best things Bendis did on USM in a while. The character will seem played out and over exposed if he returned, much like 616 Norman is.

Last edited:
I don't believe either Norman or Harry are dead.

Oh their dead... I read an article with Bendis and he said as long as he's writing this book both will stay dead.

Is he? I thought it was Harry. Shows what an impact this book has made on me.

After Norman realized that he killed his son he depowered and said, "Kill me... Please Kill me." With that Danvers replyed with, "Gladly." as she shot him.

I think if they were to do another super group full of Spidey's villians it would most likely to be created by (like Overlord said) the Kingpin or Bendis might create the Legion Of Losers. And I think that team might be the Shoker, the Kangaroo, Boomerang, the Ringer, and the Spot.

Last edited:
Oh their dead... I read an article with Bendis and he said as long as he's writing this book both will stay dead.

Yes. Dead means dead, people.

After Norman realized that he killed his son he depowered and said, "Kill me... Please Kill me." With that Danvers replyed with, "Gladly." as she shot him.

I honestly don't remember that. Maybe the scan I downloaded had that page missing.

Er...I mean maybe the copy I bought at the store had that page torn out or something.

I don't have a problem with them returning. And even being the same line-up for that matter.

I think a big 8-issue Ultimate Sinister Six arc featuring a bunch of virtual C-listers coming up and having success together as opposed of operating apart much like his 616 "Hood" arc, would be great. Bendis excels at the smaller street level crime stories, so something like that would be interesting.

Something like Shocker, Rhino, Kraven, Sandman and Electro all joining together under the rulings of a credible "newcomer threat" like Chameleon could be interesting.

I thought Ultimate Six was great. Electro, Sandman and Kraven definetly need to return. I also think characters like Rhino, Vulture and maybe even Venom or Carnage need to be in as well to be highlighted. Mysterio should be the leader.

With different members, this could be an awesome story. No Ock and no Norman. I want to see more fresh meat this time around. More Sandman, though.

I don't have a problem with them returning. And even being the same line-up for that matter.

I think a big 8-issue Ultimate Sinister Six arc featuring a bunch of virtual C-listers coming up and having success together as opposed of operating apart much like his 616 "Hood" arc, would be great. Bendis excels at the smaller street level crime stories, so something like that would be interesting.

Something like Shocker, Rhino, Kraven, Sandman and Electro all joining together under the rulings of a credible "newcomer threat" like Chameleon could be interesting.

That's a good idea. Now for that work these guys would have to trying to replace Kingpin, which may seem similar to the hammerhead arc, but heck with that, I like it.

The problem I had with the last Ultimate Six arc is it was the Six vs. the ultimates and the six got stomped of course. For an evil genius, Norman's plan of attacking the white house was really stupid. If the new Six were more low key, they would fare better. Plus the Six vs. Spidey and his urban allies (DD, Black cat, etc) would be more of a fair fight.

Personally I would go with: Chameleon (leader), Vulture (give him some balls), Electro, Sandman, Kraven and Rhino.

Shocker needs a his own story in order to get some balls, Mysterio needs his own arc to be introduced as something other then a throwaway character and and carnage or venom would be too choatic for such a group.

Sweeet.

Latest posts

Back