Silvestri on Ultimate Invasion?

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/MarcSilvestri.jpg[/IMGL] From Newsarama:

Silvestri discussed Top Cow's recent talent-sharing deal with Marvel, saying that he will be working on a huge special project with them. He didn't go into further detail, except to say that it will be part of the Ultimate Universe, and will be written by Brian Bendis, again lending credence to the theory that series will the Ultimate Invasion series announced during last summer's con season.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be Ultimate Invasion, or Ultimate Power, since also, that is Bendis written, even though its only 3 issues.

Man, Im just glad he'll be doing something for Marvel, even better that is for the UU! :rockon:

Last edited:
Silvestri on any project adds legitimacy. I would be looking forward to either of these projects a lot more if his name was attached, and not just because his art is good, but because it tells me they are taking it seriously. Not like Ultimate Iron Man or whatever.

They also said Ultimate Power will be done by a big artist, that will rock our socks off.

I made up the socks bit.

I haven't seen much of this guy's art -- links?

Well...thats cool. I'm very interested to know what the title actually is, though it does sound like Ultimate Invasion due to the Bendis attachment. But, Ice, what were you talking about with the "3 issue" statement:

Ice said:
It could be Ultimate Invasion, or Ultimate Power, since also, that is Bendis written, even though its only 3 issues.

Ultimate Power I thought was 9 issues? Or are you talking about Invasion?

DIrishB said:
Well...thats cool. I'm very interested to know what the title actually is, though it does sound like Ultimate Invasion due to the Bendis attachment. But, Ice, what were you talking about with the "3 issue" statement:

Ultimate Power I thought was 9 issues? Or are you talking about Invasion?

Ultimate Power is being written by Bendis, JMS and Loeb, each taking three issues each. I believe Bendis is starting it off, JMS is doing the middle, and Loeb is finishing it.

ProjectX2 said:
I haven't seen much of this guy's art -- links?

He did all 4 issues of New X-Men: Here Comes Tomorrow...

whooo 100 posts (snigger)
love silvestri's work but isn't he still godawful slow at it?
i'm having panic attacks like those of hairsine's delays in 'Nightmare' and niven's from 'Secret' - i hope i'm wrong!!!

Jackie Estacado said:
love silvestri's work but isn't he still godawful slow at it?
If I remember correctly, his issues for the last New X-Men arc with Morrison was bi-monthly. But either way, it was all released in time.

DIrishB said:
I think I remember his art style...I think.
A sample of his work when he did New X-Men's "Here Comes Tomorrow":

Silvestriartwork-2.jpg

Last edited:
I just hope he doesn't do a bunch of Ultimate Wolverine Ultimate *** Shots like he did on New X-Men.

Latest posts

Back