Simpsons movie discussion (Spoilers!)

The Simpsons Movie exceeded every single Box Office prediction yesterday by debuting to a better-than-expected $29 million.

Tracking suggested it would make $54 million at best for the Friday-Sunday period, but know it's looking more like $70-75 million.

Plus, it's still one of the better-reviewed films of the Summer, with an 88% fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes, and it still ranks pretty high with IMDB users (although that rating is sure to fall over the following week).

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get to see the movie today; I already can't wait.

Actually, right now I'm spending my time reading the book 'Planet Simpson: How A Cartoon Masterpiece Defined A Generation' when I'm not on UC. It's a really good read so far. :D

BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

No, not really.

But a damn good one. And I went into the theater with high expectations.

The Simpsons Movie was able to not only make up for five or six so-so seasons but literally EXCEEDED my high expectations. Wow.

Great film. Great, great film.

Can't wait to see it again.

I pity those who didn't stay for the entire credits. (I'm looking at you, moley.)

Oh and "Spider-Pig"? It's totally on the movie's soundtrack, which I am now a proud owner of.

Thumbs up. BIG thumbs up.

A-

I'm looking at you, moley.

When the hell did I say I didn't stay for the entire credits? I always stay for the credits on a movie unless it completely sucked and I want to get out out of there fast.

When the hell did I say I didn't stay for the entire credits? I always stay for the credits on a movie unless it completely sucked and I want to get out out of there fast.

Whatever. At least you can take comfort in the fact that 'assume'ing makes an *** out of u and me. :)

Simpsons Movie made $72 million over the weekend, beating Transformers for the title of biggest opening weekend for a TV show - turned Movie, and also made itself the fifth biggest July opener ever, also bumping out Transformers' Friday-Sunday bow.

It was decent. I don't see why people are blowing their loads over it.

None of the jokes fell flat at all, but only a few of them really made me laugh that hard. Grand Theft Walrus probably made me laugh harder than anything else.

Also, the wanted poster graffiti joke was ripped STRAIGHT from Wrongfully Accused. Not cool.

I'd give it a 7/10. Decent, but not what people are making it out to be, and nowhere NEAR the brilliance of ANYTHING from seasons 4-8. The 22-minute-long "$pringfield" episode alone is easily one hundred times funnier than this movie.

I'd give it a 7/10. Decent, but not what people are making it out to be, and nowhere NEAR the brilliance of ANYTHING from seasons 4-8. The 22-minute-long "$pringfield" episode alone is easily one hundred times funnier than this movie.

I totally agree with you there.

The fact that the movie didn't suck in any way at all probably upped my grade for it a little bit.

But someone I know did say it actually gets better with a second viewing, which is rare for a comedy*, and I only mean when seeing a comedy more than once in a period of six days (how long Simpsons has been out). So I'm looking forward to my second viewing.

*Knocked Up is a wonderful exception.

I totally agree with you there.

The fact that the movie didn't suck in any way at all probably upped my grade for it a little bit.

I disagree that it didn't suck in any way.

But someone I know did say it actually gets better with a second viewing, which is rare for a comedy*, and I only mean when seeing a comedy more than once in a period of six days (how long Simpsons has been out). So I'm looking forward to my second viewing.

Meh. I have no interest in seeing it again, let alone paying to do so.

I don't understand how you can rate this higher than Order of the Phoenix or Grindhouse.:?

Joe Kalicki said:
Wasn't Erin Brokovish supposed to be in this? Did I miss something?

I was also told that Sideshow Bob and Cecil were going to be back, this time with John Mahoney playing their father.

I didn't like Planet Terror all that much, which is why I have i outranking Grindhouse at the moment, but I'm debating it...

We'll see. I really enjoyed it. Planet-Man just has no soul. *pat-pat*

Poor Poor Planet-Man.

I didn't like Planet Terror all that much, which is why I have i outranking Grindhouse at the moment, but I'm debating it...

We'll see. I really enjoyed it. Planet-Man just has no soul. *pat-pat*

Poor Poor Planet-Man.

:?

I enjoyed it, I just didn't think it was "great". We both agree that Harry Potter was much better, and you're even considering ranking Grindhouse over it.

Our opinions are fairly similar. It's almost like YOU secretly have no sole, and are accusing others of it to divert attention.:shifty:

I thought it was great. Not as good as some of the better seasons of the show, but I certainly thought it was hilarious.

It reminded me why I love the Simpsons so much.

Wasn't Erin Brokovish supposed to be in this? Did I miss something?

She probably got cut out. As did a lot of other scene I knew of. Some times they cut the parts out and still give credit the actor, actress or special guest cameo. I mean take a look at the cast for the Ultimate Spider-Man game. ( http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0479196/fullcredits#cast ) they still gave credit to Terrence Stone who was sepost to be the voice of Eddie, Sr. but got cut out at the end.

Our opinions are fairly similar. It's almost like YOU secretly have no sole, and are accusing others of it to divert attention.:shifty:

Well, I -do- need a new pair of shoes, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I am just messing with you, because it is easy, and I am a figure of great power and influence

:D

I've been rewatching my DVDs of the show, starting with the last episode of Season 1, as it's probably the one Season 1 ep I haven't seen that many times.

I'm now on Disc Three of Season 2. Slow going.

I'm also awaiting the release of Season 10 next week. I know it's when it started to go downhill, but I don't think I've seen that many episodes from the tenth season, so I'm excited nonetheless. I have heard about the stinkers, though.

Someone posted this on IMDB

:lol: :lol:

I saw this a few days ago, I thought it was pretty funny, but there was a bunch of current Simpson style that just pissed me off

Latest posts

Back