Slasherverse - Viewing/Reading Order

If it helps make the eventual detailed timeline easier on you @Pro Bot , I can make a list of the media that features flashbacks, different time periods and all that for you (keep in mind, I'm actively watching the Slasherverse film by film and I'm currently up to the first Pumpkinhead movie [which starts with a flashback in 1957 before jumping to the present day]).

If it helps make the eventual detailed timeline easier on you @Pro Bot , I can make a list of the media that features flashbacks, different time periods and all that for you (keep in mind, I'm actively watching the Slasherverse film by film and I'm currently up to the first Pumpkinhead movie [which starts with a flashback in 1957 before jumping to the present day]).
Mrs. Judgy, you're a Beast. Good luck.

It'd be interesting if only the first FvJvA comic was canon to the main timeline. The second one was the only one to really screw with the films... but, it does somewhat fuck up the other comics. Oh well, guess you could BS it. Jason was still around for those 5 years, it can work.

Oh, and shit, if that's really, 100% actually true, I'd probably have to include Friday/Nightmare on the Evil Dead timeline since there's a huge cross, so... yeah.

...you didn't just trick me into making a proto-Slasherverse timeline, did you? :p

It'd be interesting if only the first FvJvA comic was canon to the main timeline. The second one was the only one to really screw with the films... but, it does somewhat fuck up the other comics. Oh well, guess you could BS it. Jason was still around for those 5 years, it can work.

Oh, and shit, if that's really, 100% actually true, I'd probably have to include Friday/Nightmare on the Evil Dead timeline since there's a huge cross, so... yeah.

...you didn't just trick me into making a proto-Slasherverse timeline, did you? :p
hazbin-hotel-alastor.gif

That site lists Freddy's Nightmares as somewhat canon. This is somewhat problematic, but I guess it could explain why there's A Nightmare on Elm Street films in Evil Dead Rise (beyond all the Slasherverse media). Uh... if I do start doing Friday/Nightmare timeline stuff, I'll leave Freddy's Nightmares last. It's hard enough to find that.

Do you remember all the Friday the 13th/A Nightmare on Elm Street flashbacks, possibly? (Not that I wanna do a timeline on that or anything... ;))

I know of Friday the 13th (1958) and Freddy's Dead (1968) but I can't recall much else off the top of my head.

Okay, there we go. It's a start.

Alrighty, here's the stuff I've watched, as well as notes. Will update regularly once I've seen the media.
  • Friday the 13th: The Game: Pamela Tapes 1-20 (N/A)
  • The Toolbox Murders (Have yet to watch)
  • Freddy's Nightmares: A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Series 1x01, "No More Mr. Nice Guy" (WIP)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (N/A)
  • Black Christmas (N/A)
  • Within the Woods (Have yet to watch)
  • Halloween (Starts with a flashback to Halloween 1963, before jumping forward to Halloween 1978)
  • Halloween II (Primarily set during 1978, but has some minor flashbacks of Laurie growing up)
  • Friday the 13th (Flashbacks at the start set during 1958 as Pamela murders the counsellors who let Jason drown a year prior, which itself is shown as a flashback)
  • Friday the 13th: Pamala's Tale #1-2 (Takes place before and concurrent to the first movie, with flashbacks to 1947, 1957 [Jason's death] and 1958 [Pamela killing the counsellors], before ending right as Pamela appears in the movie)
  • KISS/Army of Darkness #1-5 (Starts in 1979 before it's altered, jumps forward two years to an altered 1981, followed by taking place mainly in the 1300s, before eventually taking place back in 1979 BEFORE events are altered, with history returning to normal)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (Despite releasing in 1984, the fifth movie places the film in 1981)
  • Evil Dead: The Game: Knowby Recording 1-8 (WIP)
  • The Evil Dead (N/A)
  • Evil Dead: The Game: Knowby Recording 9 (Concurrent to the first movie)
  • Evil Dead 2 (Opening recap with just Ash and Linda can be discounted due to not working with the other Evil Dead entries. The ending with Ash being sucked back in time to the 1300s can also be discounted since Army of Darkness shows it happening differently)
  • Evil Dead: The Game: Knowby Recording 10 (Concurrent to the second movie)
  • Army of Darkness: Director's Cut (The ending, which can be discounted due to not working with other Evil Dead entries, takes place in an apocalyptic future long after Ash's time.)
  • Army of Darkness (Ending) (Ending shows Ash back in 1982 as he slays a Deadite)
  • Friday the 13th: Part 2 (Starts two months after the first movie, before jumping ahead five years to 1984)
  • Friday the 13th: Part III (Takes place immediately after the previous movie)
  • Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (Same as the above, in total, Parts 2 to 4 take place across July 12th to 18th)
  • Friday the 13th: The Game: Tapes 1-3 (N/A)
  • Friday the 13th: The Game: Tapes 4 (N/A)
  • Adam Green's Hatchet #1-3 (WIP)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Part 2 (N/A)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (N/A)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (N/A)
  • Hellraiser (N/A)
  • Hellbound: Hellraiser II (Has a flashback of Elliot Spencer using the Lament Configuration and transforming into Pinhead. Likely sometime after WW1.)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (N/A)
  • Pumpkinhead (Starts with a flashback to 1957, before jumping to the present)
  • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (N/A)

Last edited:
Well, there's a few updates to this now.

You know, once I finish the Freddy/Jason stuff, that's probably at least 1/4th of this done in a detailed timeline. Possibly more when you consider the length of Freddy's Nightmares. Hardest after that would be the Child's Play series probably, which is basically already mostly done on this site. Halloween, Texas, Hatchet, Pumpkinhead, all relatively easy in comparison honestly.

So... who knows? It would still be somewhat expensive buying all the physical blu-ray releases though.

Oh, Hellraiser too. That's pretty big. Thankfully the comics are separate to the movies. The lore told in them differs to Hellraiser IV. First three entries happen though.

Loosest canon in this timeline is probably Pumpkinhead (tied by a Necronomicon prop in Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings) and Hellraiser (tied by Lament Configuration prop in Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon). Everything else has a huge amount of tie-ins. Even while adding Freddy/Jason to Evil Dead it's clearly apparent that the other films are canon to Friday the 13th: The Game's audio tapes. Plus, Leatherface reference in A Nightmare on Elm Street: Special.

Last edited:
Well, there's a few updates to this now.

You know, once I finish the Freddy/Jason stuff, that's probably at least 1/4th of this done in a detailed timeline. Possibly more when you consider the length of Freddy's Nightmares. Hardest after that would be the Child's Play series probably, which is basically already mostly done on this site. Halloween, Texas, Hatchet, Pumpkinhead, all relatively easy in comparison honestly.

So... who knows? It would still be somewhat expensive buying all the physical blu-ray releases though.

Oh, Hellraiser too. That's pretty big. Thankfully the comics are separate to the movies. The lore told in them differs to Hellraiser IV. First three entries happen though.

Loosest canon in this timeline is probably Pumpkinhead (tied by a Necronomicon prop in Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings) and Hellraiser (tied by Lament Configuration prop in Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon). Everything else has a huge amount of tie-ins. Even while adding Freddy/Jason to Evil Dead it's clearly apparent that the other films are canon to Friday the 13th: The Game's audio tapes. Plus, Leatherface reference in A Nightmare on Elm Street: Special.
Mr. @Pro Bot Reading the updates I found out, that you put Jason vs Letherface. So did you found out a way to make It work?

Latest posts

Back