Slasherverse - Viewing/Reading Order

I guess I never explained that on here, lol.

Jason was chained up in Jason Lives, set in 1990. This comic came out in 1995-1996, so let's just place it there. Jason's timeline is simple but confusing. At the end of the story, he returns to Crystal Lake. I guess he must have gotten himself chained up again somehow prior to the events of The New Blood... only to end up at the bottom of the lake a third time, lol.

Nubbins and Drayton are alive after their deaths in 1973 and 1986 respectively. We know that Bubba didn't die in 1986 or somehow came back, and we know that Grandpa Sawyer (who is 137 at the time; he is not natural) died in 1986 but was alive again in 1996. So, as with any inconsistency in the Texas Chainsaw timeline, let's just blame the Illuminati. The Illuminati resurrected Grandpa and Bubba after 1986, then eventually brought back the original family through... uh... magic or cloning or something.

In theory, you could make Texas Chainsaw 3D and Leatherface canon with that logic, but officially not really. Plus, the Sawyer house is still standing in 2020 while it burnt down in 1973 in that reality. Let's keep it to just the official timelines.

I guess I never explained that on here, lol.

Jason was chained up in Jason Lives, set in 1990. This comic came out in 1995-1996, so let's just place it there. Jason's timeline is simple but confusing. At the end of the story, he returns to Crystal Lake. I guess he must have gotten himself chained up again somehow prior to the events of The New Blood... only to end up at the bottom of the lake a third time, lol.

Nubbins and Drayton are alive after their deaths in 1973 and 1986 respectively. We know that Bubba didn't die in 1986 or somehow came back, and we know that Grandpa Sawyer (who is 137 at the time; he is not natural) died in 1986 but was alive again in 1996. So, as with any inconsistency in the Texas Chainsaw timeline, let's just blame the Illuminati. The Illuminati resurrected Grandpa and Bubba after 1986, then eventually brought back the original family through... uh... magic or cloning or something.

In theory, you could make Texas Chainsaw 3D and Leatherface canon with that logic, but officially not really. Plus, the Sawyer house is still standing in 2020 while it burnt down in 1973 in that reality. Let's keep it to just the official timelines.
So counting the reboot movies or not?

So counting the reboot movies or not?
There's three timelines. Original (1-4, 2022), 3D (alternate sequel/prequel) and Reboot. This universe definitely follows the original timeline due to Stretch in Hatchet III and the fact JvL came out before any other timeline even existed.

Jason/Leatherface are on the same timeline... so if I included that comic on the FvJ timeline that means... but then, Stretch is Amanda in Hatchet III. Then, Hatchet connects to Leslie Vernon, Frozen and Jason... the last of which connects back into Hatchet through it's video game... uh oh.

I suppose I could start with a Child's Play timeline after FVJ and go from there. That'd be the hardest one. Bit by bit rather than all at once. Get all that difficult TV stuff out of the way.

You guys are lucky I enjoy this stuff usually.

I might as well just include Shocker on the FvJ timeline honestly. There's a (retroactive) crossover character and a name drop for Pinker.

I'll do it like this. 7 timelines.

Freddy/Jason/Shocker/Evil Dead
Child's Play
Black Christmas/Toolbox/Leslie Vernon (the Eugene trilogy)
Halloween (1-2, 4-6)
Texas Chainsaw (1-4, 2022)/Hatchet/Frozen
Hellraiser
Pumpkinhead

This is gonna be a long process. I'm focusing on each individual franchise at a time first.

Latest posts

Back