So why is Ultimates 2 #13 delayed *exactly*? Let Hitch explain!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/BryanHitch.jpg[/IMGL] Via Millarworld:

"It's delayed because, although all forty six pages are pencilled, the inking hasn't been finished and the colouring has to be done. After Mark's prolongled and unfortunate illness delayed the script due to Civil War's scheduling priority Paul especially needed work to do and accepted the assignment inking Trev; Laura's always in demand and I had plenty to keep me busy. the script came in, I pencilled it in two months (possibly the fastest I'd worked on the book ever) but it's in the hands of inking right now. Paul's finished his work on Wisdom and is concentrating on picking up Ultimates- he's about a dozen pages in- and should be done end of month with colouring a coule of weeks later.

I believe the December and Jan dates were originally offered based on how well I was working on the pencil side of things and an assumption based on how closely behind me Paul has always worked in pages. Given that isn't the case on this issue because I pencilled far more quickly than expected and that Paul had other recent committments to get out of the way before it could be finished AND that the book is more than double sized, cut the team this last bit of slack guys, okay?

There's no conspiracy to withhold the last issue to make a bigger splash or fill perceived gaps, or make a sales quarter swell (believe me, Marvel would MUCH rather have had this in the last quarter of 2006 than anyweher else). It's just not finished. I am, IT sn't.

Groovy?
"

Meh. I just don't care anymore.

A comic gets delayed. Big deal. The story will end when it ends. Do I want the see the conclusion of the story? Yes. But I refuse to get upset like a bunch of other people do because it's just not that important. When it's all said and done.....it's just a comic book.

I seem to remember saying something like this would happen. I am clearly a clairvoyant.

I don't care anymore, titles are delayed so much now...all monthlies are bi-monthlies, and event comics are published whenever the hell the publisher damn well pleases.

I don't care anymore, titles are delayed so much now...all monthlies are bi-monthlies, and event comics are published whenever the hell the publisher damn well pleases.
That's not true now. I mean, take Civil War for instance. McNiven was sick with strep throat. You really expected him to keep the schedule, which also cut into #7?

Millarworld? This was posted on Newsarama long before that.

Edit: Sorry. It WAS posted on Millarworld first. Just not in the thread that was created yesterday.

Last edited:

A comic gets delayed. Big deal. The story will end when it ends. Do I want the see the conclusion of the story? Yes. But I refuse to get upset like a bunch of other people do because it's just not that important. When it's all said and done.....it's just a comic book.

That pretty much sums up my feelings at this point. I was probably one of the most vocal about the constant delays on this title, but by now its really to be expected. It almost doesn't feel like an issue of Ultimates unless I've had to wait an extra 3 or 4 months after the original release date. It ticks me off, sure, but it also makes the anticipation grow. And so far, every issue of Ultimates has more than lived up to expectations for me, so I really can't complain in the long run.

whoop de dooo. I don't ever expect this to come out when they say it will.

Once I have it in my hands I will be stoked, that's all that matters.

huh. you know, whenever i first see the pictures of these writers and artists, they never sync up with whatever i expect.

huh. you know, whenever i first see the pictures of these writers and artists, they never sync up with whatever i expect.

Did you expect a midget or an albino?

Of course, it helps to keep in mind that Ultimates 2 #12 came out the end of September. With the now scheduled ship date of March 14 for this, thats a 5 1/2 month stretch between issues.

Last edited:

That's a very mature perspective. Good for you.

I, on the other hand, am going to get angry and scream like a toddler and then start stabbing cardboard cutouts of MJ-goblin. That always makes me feel better.

The real bad thing about all these delays is how it messes up continuity in the other titles of the universe. Ultimates 2 has caused all the other Ultimate titles to get out of sync story-wise.

This is one of the things that has made me loose more and more interest in the Ultimate line, and at this point I really couldn´t care less about Ultimates 2 #13. After all, if I want to read 24 pages of people in tights hitting each other very hard, I can enjoy Civil War #7 at the end of this month..

The real bad thing about all these delays is how it messes up continuity in the other titles of the universe. Ultimates 2 has caused all the other Ultimate titles to get out of sync story-wise.

This is one of the things that has made me loose more and more interest in the Ultimate line, and at this point I really couldn´t care less about Ultimates 2 #13. After all, if I want to read 24 pages of people in tights hitting each other very hard, I can enjoy Civil War #7 at the end of this month..

Based on the most recent arcs, the rest of the books have already moved on. We don't really notice this since they tend to have their own storylines already and isolate themselves from Ultimates. We already know that the Ultimates win the end and we pretty much know the updated roster.

It was nice for Hitch to do interviews like this. Now if Lindelof can actually at least have a blog detailing the reasons why his book is delayed, that would be better.

It was nice for Hitch to do interviews like this. Now if Lindelof can actually at least have a blog detailing the reasons why his book is delayed, that would be better.
For that, he talked to Wizard saying Yu was finishing up 3, and he was writing the actual script now for 4 and 5 or something like that. Last month's Wizard it was.

September? has it really been that long? I guess all this waiting made me forget to care.

It has...it really has.

Technically, I think Ultimates 2 #13 is something like 46-48 pages.

Call me Captain Semantic...the anal retentive arch-enemy of Captain Sensation.

For that, he talked to Wizard saying Yu was finishing up 3, and he was writing the actual script now for 4 and 5 or something like that. Last month's Wizard it was.

Only now writing the script for 4 and 5? You have to be kidding me. I thought Joe Q. said he was just about done with all the scripts a few months ago...I get the incessant feeling Marvel really enjoys jerking their fan base around.

Latest posts

Back