Something we should probably ask Vaughan/Bendis About...

You guys are looking way to much into this. Wolverine told the kid he find him by Cerebro because he couldn't tell him the other reason. He was supposed to tell the kid he was sent by a secret goverment officer that knew all about him. That would make the kid more nervous.

But what difference would that make if Wolverine was just going to end up killing him anyway? There'd be no reason to lie to him...

Goodwill said:
But what difference would that make if Wolverine was just going to end up killing him anyway? There'd be no reason to lie to him...

Unless his conscience was bothering him, or he was afraid it might.

Well, I don't buy that... Sure Bendis made Wolverine out to be a softy, but I don't think, for one second, that when facing a victim Wolverine would feel sympathetic.

Have they ever specifically stated that the Government EVER let go of the plans of Cerebro they retrieved in the Weapon X incident? They had the bugger nails to Charley's head, they must have had some idea about how it worked, specially with that mad scientist guy who made the Beast a big ole' furry blue monkey.

Weapon X was disbanded, sure, but it was still an outpost of SHIELD, and Fury would have access to those files.... So yeah. I bet SHIELD's Psychic division has got its own Mutant finder.

Goodwill said:
Well, I don't buy that... Sure Bendis made Wolverine out to be a softy, but I don't think, for one second, that when facing a victim Wolverine would feel sympathetic.

I haven't read a ton of Wolverine stories, but I've never seen him brutally kill an innocent victim. And that's besides the fact - this same Wolverine, who was sent to kill Xavier, got to the mansion and became sympathetic to his cause.

And yeah, the kid was innocent. He had no control over what was happening.

Well, I'm only taking what Wolverine said and applying it here... I don't think Bendis would allow his audience to imply that much in to those few words that Wolverine spoke about how he located the boy.

Anway, this Wolverine is different, though. While you have an argument with the whole Xavier thing in the beginning it's easily countered with Wolverine "killing" Scott, an innocent man, for Jean's affection. He's a toss up, really.

Goodwill said:
Anway, this Wolverine is different, though. While you have an argument with the whole Xavier thing in the beginning it's easily countered with Wolverine "killing" Scott, an innocent man, for Jean's affection. He's a toss up, really.

Yeah, but he didn't like him in the first place, and killing to get something he wants and killing an innocent boy out of necessity, realizing that he didn't even have a chance to live his life - two different things.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, but he didn't like him in the first place, and killing to get something he wants and killing an innocent boy out of necessity, realizing that he didn't even have a chance to live his life - two different things.
You're right. Two different things, two different situations.

I was just going to say something... We're sitting here having a good converstion and we've neglected to actually ask Bendis what he meant by all of this... E, aren't you a member on the Bendis board? I'd allow you to ask this question for me if you'd like!

Latest posts

Back