Sonic Unleashed!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32170.html

Dare I say it. It looks like they have finally got sonic right again. It looks kinda like a cross between adventure and the original 2d ones. Like 2.5 graphics or something. But the important thing is it looks like they actually making a good sonic game again!

Wow. That looks pretty neat. I'd love a great Sonic game on the Wii.

It looks like a true return to its roots.

A couple of things have been confirmed.

-Other than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will return as playable characters. Much like the original games, they will play through the exact same levels as Sonic, but their unique abilities (Flying as Tails, Gliding/Punching as Knuckles) allow them to access hidden areas.

-Sonic has a Werehedgehog form. When he turns into this, the stage goes from 2.5D to full 3D and he goes on a rampage.

-Super Sonic returns

-Dr. Robotnick/Eggman is, once again, the main villain.

-Other than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will return as playable characters. Much like the original games, they will play through the exact same levels as Sonic, but their unique abilities (Flying as Tails, Gliding/Punching as Knuckles) allow them to access hidden areas.

-Sonic has a Werehedgehog form. When he turns into this, the stage goes from 2.5D to full 3D and he goes on a rampage.

-Super Sonic returns

Main Main villain? Because lately he keeps getting replaced at the last second.

-Super Sonic returns

All sounds great except Werehedgehog but I'll wait to judge that

Why does he have to be a werewolf? Why can't he just be Sonic? :(

Oh, that was him? Maybe it's cuz it went slow for me at the end I didn't notice it was him as the werewolf or whatever.

It seems weird to me that a full-grown anthropomorphic hedgehog would turn into a werewolf, but... Who cares? It's a video game. and it looks rather good.

I think we spend too much time worrying about things not being faithful to when we were kids.... 'cuz if I were a kid and I saw that I'd be like, "Oh snap! Sonic just turned into a werewolf! SWEET!"

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled with the Werewolf portion because it's to deliberately slow the game down and turn it a combat-oriented 3D stage. Sonic is supposed to be fast. That's his WHOLE gimmick. His other form, Super Sonic, compounds this fast by making him super fast. Slowing him down takes away from the game.

That, and a Werehedgehog sounds so ****ing stupid.

I'm not thrilled with the Werewolf portion because it's to deliberately slow the game down and turn it a combat-oriented 3D stage. Sonic is supposed to be fast. That's his WHOLE gimmick. His other form, Super Sonic, compounds this fast by making him super fast. Slowing him down takes away from the game.

That, and a Werehedgehog sounds so ****ing stupid.

Maybe the werewolf part will speed him up too. Since in movies when humans turn werewolf they are quicker. Now i'm against it but like I said it might be fun plus the rest looks so good I can stand it. It's like Mario Galaxy , I was not fussed on the space gimmick because it was very un-mario In my opinion but the rest of the game was so good I didn't care.

Image of Sonic and his werewolf form:

Unleashed2.jpg

This isn't how I'd do a new Sonic game (I'm thinking part Sonic and the Secret Rings, part Burnout, part Tony Hawks Pro Skater, and part Jak & Daxter) but this looks pretty good

however the werehedgehog thing is stupid, Sonic has enough alternate forms already, Super, Hyper, Darkspine, Metal, Shadow, Scourge....I'm pretty sure if he used the Sol Emeralds something would happen too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back