Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

The Marvel Wiki has already decided how to name the ItSV Earths: according to them in the new movie Peter B. Parker is identified as being from Earth-616B and someone who looks like Tarantula from the Ultimate Marvel Comics as being from Earth-1610A, so they have interpreted that the regular versions of the Earths are the "A" version and the ones from the Spiderverse movies are the "B" version. I know that it is the Marvel Wiki and it is not canon, but I am just informing you because I found it interesting.

The Marvel Wiki has already decided how to name the ItSV Earths: according to them in the new movie Peter B. Parker is identified as being from Earth-616B and someone who looks like Tarantula from the Ultimate Marvel Comics as being from Earth-1610A, so they have interpreted that the regular versions of the Earths are the "A" version and the ones from the Spiderverse movies are the "B" version. I know that it is the Marvel Wiki and it is not canon, but I am just informing you because I found it interesting.
I feel like that makes a little less sense in some cases but if that truly is the intent behind the letters being added to the Earth numbers I kinda appreciate them at least attempting to solve that

I feel like that makes a little less sense in some cases but if that truly is the intent behind the letters being added to the Earth numbers I kinda appreciate them at least attempting to solve that
It's based on Peter B. Parker's Universe being called Earth-616B in AtSV

It's based on Peter B. Parker's Universe being called Earth-616B in AtSV
No I got that bit, I meant for the film to differentiate between a 616a and 616b makes a little less sense than just either A. Sticking to making them adaptations of the comic earths or B. Choosing new numbers and joining the Comic Multiverse. Instead they've like chosen this weird middle ground of adapting the same earths but not replacing them. If that's really the the reasoning behind them sticking letters on the end of the Earth numbers it kinda feels like in-universe the numbers mean very little and they're purely for clarity out of universe, which makes sense but is kinda agrivating for continuity nuts like most of us are here. Seems like Marvel Studios wants to be separate from the Comic Multiverse and just adapt it as shown by Feige's insistence on the MCU being Earth-616, Sony wants to be an adaptation and part of it the same time as shown by them having a 616a and 616b and the Comics wants everything to be part of its multiverse as the original and they all do it with very little communication between the them it seems

Now I mean the Wiki and the Handbook already get contradicted by the comics sometimes such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends originally stated to be from Earth-8107 but the Spider-Verse comic shows it's from Earth-1983. According to the writer Dan Slott it's because the Wiki and Handbook are unofficial sources and what only counts is what the printed media says. But that's not helpful when AtSV clearly just used the numbers they found off the Wiki without fully understanding how that system works (Venom's film universe being Earth-688 shows this).

The fact is the numbering system wasn't solid before the films started jumping into the multiverse and as they expand into the multiverse the numbering system is going to make less and less sense and trying to make it work is just going to get more convoluted and hard. Honestly imo only two things matter 1. That it's all part of the same Multiverse which we know it is and 2. That we know what Earths they're talking about whether it be called 616/199999 or 8107/1983. Thank you for coming to my TED talk

No I got that bit, I meant for the film to differentiate between a 616a and 616b makes a little less sense than just either A. Sticking to making them adaptations of the comic earths or B. Choosing new numbers and joining the Comic Multiverse. Instead they've like chosen this weird middle ground of adapting the same earths but not replacing them. If that's really the the reasoning behind them sticking letters on the end of the Earth numbers it kinda feels like in-universe the numbers mean very little and they're purely for clarity out of universe, which makes sense but is kinda agrivating for continuity nuts like most of us are here. Seems like Marvel Studios wants to be separate from the Comic Multiverse and just adapt it as shown by Feige's insistence on the MCU being Earth-616, Sony wants to be an adaptation and part of it the same time as shown by them having a 616a and 616b and the Comics wants everything to be part of its multiverse as the original and they all do it with very little communication between the them it seems

Now I mean the Wiki and the Handbook already get contradicted by the comics sometimes such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends originally stated to be from Earth-8107 but the Spider-Verse comic shows it's from Earth-1983. According to the writer Dan Slott it's because the Wiki and Handbook are unofficial sources and what only counts is what the printed media says. But that's not helpful when AtSV clearly just used the numbers they found off the Wiki without fully understanding how that system works (Venom's film universe being Earth-688 shows this).

The fact is the numbering system wasn't solid before the films started jumping into the multiverse and as they expand into the multiverse the numbering system is going to make less and less sense and trying to make it work is just going to get more convoluted and hard. Honestly imo only two things matter 1. That it's all part of the same Multiverse which we know it is and 2. That we know what Earths they're talking about whether it be called 616/199999 or 8107/1983. Thank you for coming to my TED talk
inb4 Beyond the Spider-Verse has a line about "Well, we can't officially designate these realities. We just base it on our understanding of uniquely similar ones."

Now that I am thinking about it, In the Venom 2 Post-Credits scene the effect when Venom travels to the MCU is the same as the glitchy multicolor effect of the characters in ItSV when they arrive because of the particle collider. I always assumed that because of lack of coordination between Sony and Marvel the Venom movie uses the "Sony Universe Travel Effect" instead of the one in NWH. However, in the same way that MCU Vulture travelling to Venom's Universe seems to have been retconed to multiversal anomalies because of ItSV events, the Venom 2 post credits scene travel probably is also the result of that. I just so happened that Doctor Strange made a spell returning all Non-MCU inhabitants to their universes and also returned Venom, but he probably arrived because of ItSV.

Now that I am thinking about it, In the Venom 2 Post-Credits scene the effect when Venom travels to the MCU is the same as the glitchy multicolor effect of the characters in ItSV when they arrive because of the particle collider. I always assumed that because of lack of coordination between Sony and Marvel the Venom movie uses the "Sony Universe Travel Effect" instead of the one in NWH. However, in the same way that MCU Vulture travelling to Venom's Universe seems to have been retconed to multiversal anomalies because of ItSV events, the Venom 2 post credits scene travel probably is also the result of that. I just so happened that Doctor Strange made a spell returning all Non-MCU inhabitants to their universes and also returned Venom, but he probably arrived because of ItSV.
I think it could have been a result of both. Let's say after Strange's spell only impacted in some way the events caused by the collider and that's why the characters arrive specifically to the MCU reality

I think it could have been a result of both. Let's say after Strange's spell only impacted in some way the events caused by the collider and that's why the characters arrive specifically to the MCU reality
Either way it definitely explains why a couple villains that didn't know Peter was Spider-Man like Electro and Venom were popping up in the MCU dimension despite how Strange said that's who would show up. Always bugged me

Any idea of when does the Mrs. Chen cameo take place?

I know we did not have a date for that specific scene but I think it could fit after Venom and LTBC because of she not being surprised of the arrival of the Spot like he has already met Venom and other superhuman people, but talking about an exact date would be difficult to find

I know we did not have a date for that specific scene but I think it could fit after Venom and LTBC because of she not being surprised of the arrival of the Spot like he has already met Venom and other superhuman people, but talking about an exact date would be difficult to find
I agree that it definitely would be Post-LTBC but an exact date may be impossible to find for that single scene

Well, you could just place it in March/April (not sure which) 2020, where the Earth-1610B Events of the Film takes place. Think that could fit

Either way it definitely explains why a couple villains that didn't know Peter was Spider-Man like Electro and Venom were popping up in the MCU dimension despite how Strange said that's who would show up. Always bugged me
They did know. Gwen says Peter's name while Electro was around and Venom has a multiversal hive-mind.

They did know. Gwen says Peter's name while Electro was around and Venom has a multiversal hive-mind.
The hive mind I'll give you I did forget about that but that Electro one I find to be flimsy fantheory at best. If that was intended to show Electro knew who Peter was they would've shown that in ASM2 or mentioned it in the NWH. However it is kinda good enough to just move on from that little inconsistency

The hive mind I'll give you I did forget about that but that Electro one I find to be flimsy fantheory at best. If that was intended to show Electro knew who Peter was they would've shown that in ASM2 or mentioned it in the NWH. However it is kinda good enough to just move on from that little inconsistency
He knows his name, he doesn't know his face.

He knows his name, he doesn't know his face.
Yeah I got that and I stand by what I said. Nothing really supports that that is the moment Electro learned his name but it is a good enough theory to move on from it

Well, you could just place it in March/April (not sure which) 2020, where the Earth-1610B Events of the Film takes place. Think that could fit
Problem is that different Earths exist on different times, but I suppose we can place most of them as being simultaneous when we can. Miguel is from 2099, the Spider-Society recognises 2024 events in Earth-199999, Miles is in April 2020... yeah. It's hard to keep it chronological because of all this.

I guess if we could work out exactly when Venom is set we can approximate that December 2018 on Earth-1610B is around early-mid 2019 in Earth-688B. We can basically place the start of Venom in December 2018. The rest of Venom would be June 2019, before Morbius. "Meanwhile", Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is happening. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is one year and four months later, so October 2020. We know that Spider-Man: No Way Home happens after Venom: Let There Be Carnage, so we'll have to put Into the Spider-Verse in July 2019 and Across the Spider-Verse in November 2020 following Earth-688B's timeline.

Sound good?

Last edited:
Problem is that different Earths exist on different times, but I suppose we can place most of them as being simultaneous when we can. Miguel is from 2099, the Spider-Society recognises 2024 events in Earth-199999, Miles is in April 2020... yeah. It's hard to keep it chronological because of all this.
100% and this is something I see on other sites like Reddit or Twitter where people don't fully get how timelines and the mutliverse work together (not to toot our own horns but *toot toot* haha). However in this instance I think Rojinn is right since there's nothing else to really use, a good place holder is using when Spot travels from as a basis for when he arrives.

Venom (June 2020)
Morbius (June 2020)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (July 2020)
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (October 2020)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (November 2020)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (November 2020)

Latest posts

Back