Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

If this rumor holds any weight, my assumption that the SSU is the Amazing Spider-Man universe (wrongly labeled as Earth-688 in Spider-Verse) was right.

The fact that Madame Web is supposedly not part of that continuity and now MCU-adjacent makes it all the more clear for the time period they gave.

If I recall correctly, their Multiverse of Madness leaks were nonsense. Sounds like they're saying what they think people want to hear, which is probably that Sony is trash and can't decide on what they want to do with Spider-Man.

If it was true, Sony could have easily just removed references to any specific year instead of removing the pretty huge Peter Parker side-plot.

But who knows, maybe they got this one right. We'll find out soon.

If this rumor holds any weight, my assumption that the SSU is the Amazing Spider-Man universe (wrongly labeled as Earth-688 in Spider-Verse) was right.
I mean, it'd be the cleanest if TASM was part of this universe, and I have no problem with that either, but it's not official. Maybe if this Madame Web leak pans out they'll connect the two eventually.

Like Pro said earlier, making Madame Web part of TASM universe would be a good thing. Alas, this is Sony we're talking about.
I'm beginning to think they can't use Peter Parker at this point because of Marvel Studios forbidding it so they can't really tie it to any continuity - but they wanna keep the rights.

"Johnson puts those newfound skills to the test in Madame Web, the latest superhero flick set in Sony's ever-expanding Marvel universe."

Always read the source first. It's a standalone world like The New Mutants or Helstrom in this context. Standalone from any Spider-Man movies, set in the Venom/Morbius world.

I'm beginning to think they can't use Peter Parker at this point because of Marvel Studios forbidding it so they can't really tie it to any continuity - but they wanna keep the rights.
If that's the case, then WHAT is the point of this whole Spider-Man Cinematic Universe that doesn't, you know, HAVE SPIDER-MAN in it?! You know, the character your universe is named after?

I swear, this whole thing must be a means of milking the license as much as possible before Marvel inevitably regains it.

If I recall correctly, their Multiverse of Madness leaks were nonsense. Sounds like they're saying what they think people want to hear, which is probably that Sony is trash and can't decide on what they want to do with Spider-Man.

If it was true, Sony could have easily just removed references to any specific year instead of removing the pretty huge Peter Parker side-plot.

But who knows, maybe they got this one right. We'll find out soon.
Apparently they didn't even say this. Another example of checking the source.

They said it was just a rumour that they're removing all references to it being in the 1990s in the latest reshoots (so, a "rumour"... and it was never set in the 1990s, it was the 2000s), and they never mentioned that Spider-Man stuff was being removed at all. That was fabrication that came from... reddit. :p

Apparently they didn't even say this. Another example of checking the source.

They said it was just a rumour that they're removing all references to it being in the 1990s in the latest reshoots (so, a "rumour"... and it was never set in the 1990s, it was the 2000s), and they never mentioned that Spider-Man stuff was being removed at all. That was fabrication that came from... reddit. :p

Latest posts

Back