Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

So i was trying to find some more evidence of where Morbius goes (I know it occurs after venom but i was starting to doubt whether it was closer to venom 2 instead) so I found this.

In the top right there is an advert for a pizza shop saying "returning summer 2020" now I have a feeling from the weather that this definitely isn't summer 2019 although 2019 works better than 2020 because otherwise they would say coming this summer.
Also this proves that morbius can't take place after venom 2 because that occurs in Oct-Nov 2020.
So from this evidence I'm thinking a spring 2019 setting.
vlcsnap-2022-07-17-04h20m56s262.png

So i was trying to find some more evidence of where Morbius goes (I know it occurs after venom but i was starting to doubt whether it was closer to venom 2 instead) so I found this.

In the top right there is an advert for a pizza shop saying "returning summer 2020" now I have a feeling from the weather that this definitely isn't summer 2019 although 2019 works better than 2020 because otherwise they would say coming this summer.
Also this proves that morbius can't take place after venom 2 because that occurs in Oct-Nov 2020.
So from this evidence I'm thinking a spring 2019 setting.
View attachment 797
Very nice catch!

Peter Parker is 18-19 years old in 2022 in this universe, it would seem.

By the way, this confirms that Sony's Spider-Man Universe is not connected to The Amazing Spider-Man. I just hope they get a new actor rather than reusing Tom Holland for this iteration of the character. They're going for an early 20s Spider-Man, so that would match and I can see them doing it.

I imagine that someone is targeting Peter Parker's mother to try and prevent the birth of Spider-Man, and Madame Web is protecting her. There's a rumour that Eddie Brock might have a cameo. He'd have to be a regular photographer or reporter, not Venom of course.

Well, it's a leak. It's true but it isn't confirmed. This is a particularly trusted source and comes from a contributor of Murphy's Multiverse (leakers of Cox in No Way Home, Peters in WandaVision) who started her own site.

Last edited:
Of course. This could be any random reality that they're showing, with SSU Madame Web protecting a version of Peter Parker unrelated to her world. I've seen some speculate this ties in with the MCU Spider-Man's origin, although he was born in 2001. It's more consistent to assume this is the origin of SSU Spider-Man, but you're right. As for time travel, that would certainly explain why this movie appears to be mostly set in 2003.

I don't hate the idea of this film being about protecting the MCU Spider-Man. If he's born in 2001 and this film is set in 2003 it still kinda makes sense that they'd be protecting the recently born Spider-Man. Adam Scott is 50 years old, assuming Ben is around the same age then he'd be about 60 when he dies (assuming MCU Ben dies shortly after Peter gets his powers as per usual) so the ages there aren't very contradicting. I don't think I am ready to believe this is about MCU Spider-Man but if it ended up being that it wouldn't make me upset

I don't hate the idea of this film being about protecting the MCU Spider-Man. If he's born in 2001 and this film is set in 2003 it still kinda makes sense that they'd be protecting the recently born Spider-Man. Adam Scott is 50 years old, assuming Ben is around the same age then he'd be about 60 when he dies (assuming MCU Ben dies shortly after Peter gets his powers as per usual) so the ages there aren't very contradicting. I don't think I am ready to believe this is about MCU Spider-Man but if it ended up being that it wouldn't make me upset
Mary Parker is pregnant in the film, so Peter shouldn't be born yet.

Can someone explain to me why Morbius is on Netflix but Venom and Spider-Man isn't? They're all made by Sony

I have Venom on Netflix, but no LTBC or Morbius. Also just have the 2002 Spider-Man film, the two TASM movies, and Homecoming/Far From Home. Very odd

Latest posts

Back