Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

Well, they got Julia Carpenter, Mattie Franklin and Anya Corazon correct. The trailer literally shows them all suited up (looks great, by the way). Logic dictates that they are right about Ben and Mary Parker (who they claimed was pregnant prior to the set images).

So, I think this is gonna be the timeline.

1970s - Cassandra Webb's mother experiments with spiders in rainforest.
2003 - Main events of Madame Web; Peter Parker is born
2024 - Present day flashforwards (????)

Last edited:

PSPs weren't a thing in the US until early 2005.

So this is vaguely "early-2000s" comic book world version; like how Gotham had flip phones in the late-80s/early-90s.
Or Captain Marvel having music and hairstyles from the 90s that didn't come out until after the year the movie takes place

PSPs weren't a thing in the US until early 2005.

So this is vaguely "early-2000s" comic book world version; like how Gotham had flip phones in the late-80s/early-90s.
I guess it's either set in 2005 or this is just a relatively small anachronism that can be chalked up to alternate history.

Probably not, but what if Venom gets the white spider logo from Julia Carpenter's Spider-Woman costume in this continuity?

Also, sidenote, am I the only one who thinks these films are WAY too over-hated? They bring me back to the early 2000s superhero films and they're enjoyable enough to just turn your brain off and have some fun.

Even the stupid stuff is so bad it's good. No one is expecting Scorsese and it's not like Marvel Studios have been much better recently to be honest.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20231117_223952_Google.jpgRDT_20231117_2303165079455148370873911.jpg
Venom 3 might be immediately after Spider-Man: No Way Home.

The question then becomes does the MCU Multiverse (Loki sub-multiverse) take place on the same years throughout the multiverse? By that I mean, does Venom get taken to the MCU in 2020 due to the hive mind (sent to the 2024 then back to 2020), and does the Morbius post-credits scene take place in 2024? Because that would mean that the Across the Spider-Verse cameo would take place in 2025 for the SSU because it's months after Spider-Man: No Way Home. Uh... we'll never know until it comes up I guess.

Last edited:
personally i believe that with venom in 2018-2019, morbius in 2019, and venom 2 in 2020, it seems likely to me that venom 3 starts immediately from 2 in late 2020 with eddie returning and then continues possibly into 2021; while the effect of vulture appearing within the venomverse looks just like the multiverse effect seen in no way home it seems like now sony is trying to say that vulture and prowler being pulled into venomverse maybe was connected instead to the multiverse machine being activated by fisk in into the spider-verse? meaning really the post-credits of morbius can be any time after the main 2019 events of morbius and pre-dating the spot's appearance

I think, since the sky had changed like in No Way Home, it was created by those events, not Spider-Verse. However, I do think there's a loose connection that can be made.

Miguel mentioned that due to the collider incident, many people are being accidentally sent to other universes. Earth-199999 Doctor Strange and Spider-Man may have further ruined the condition, hence why Vulture was transported to this universe.

I think, since the sky had changed like in No Way Home, it was created by those events, not Spider-Verse. However, I do think there's a loose connection that can be made.

Miguel mentioned that due to the collider incident, many people are being accidentally sent to other universes. Earth-199999 Doctor Strange and Spider-Man may have further ruined the condition, hence why Vulture was transported to this universe.
I see it as a domino effect of incursions, starting with one, leading to another, so on and so forth. My guess is the collider was the catalyst, MCU Dr Strange made it worse, and it will reach its peak with the Council of Kangs.

Latest posts

Back