Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters - Timeline

• Help support The Comic Board :

Pro Bot

This is a timeline for Sony's Marvel Cinematic Universe films, based on characters related to Spider-Man.

Placement reasoning:

Venom
An Email states "2018" and is about the annual meeting for the NCLA Presidential Reception, which is held on October 17th. The movie has a 6 month time jump, making it April.

Viewing Order
Venom
Morbius** (31 July 2020)
Venom 2** (2 October 2020)
Nightwatch** (????, 2021)
Kraven the Hunter** (????, 2021)
Black Cat** (????, 202?)
Silver Sable** (????, 202?)
Silk** (????, 202?)
Jackpot** (????, 202?)

Timeline
October 18

Venom Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:04:54)
Venom Chapter 2 (0:04:55 - 0:11:09)

October 19
Venom Chapter 3 (0:11:10 - 0:15:22)

October 20
Venom Chapter 3 (0:15:23 - 0:17:46)

April

Venom Chapter 4 (0:17:47 - 0:24:16)
Venom Chapter 5 (0:24:17 - 0:32:30)
Venom Chapter 6 (0:32:31 - 0:40:18)
Venom Chapter 7 (0:40:19 - 0:47:02)
Venom Chapter 8 (0:47:03 - 0:53:37)
Venom Chapter 9 (0:53:38 - 1:01:08)
Venom Chapter 10 (1:01:09 - 1:04:12)
Venom Chapter 11 (1:04:13 - 1:08:47)
Venom Chapter 12 (1:08:48 - 1:11:23)
Venom Chapter 13 (1:11:24 - 1:14:26)
Venom Chapter 14 (1:14:27 - 1:21:29)
Venom Chapter 15 (1:21:30 - 1:27:25)
Venom Chapter 16 (1:27:26 - 1:32:11)
Venom Chapter 16 (1:34:26 - 1:36:29)

????

Morbius** (31 July 2020)
Venom 2** (2 October 2020)

????

Nightwatch
** (????, 2021)
Kraven the Hunter** (????, 2021)

202?
????

Black Cat** (????, 202?)
Silver Sable** (????, 202?)
Silk** (????, 202?)
Jackpot** (????, 202?)

Marvel Cinematic Universe Future

In June 2017, Feige stated that because Venom was solely a Sony project, Marvel Studios had no plans to have it crossover with the MCU, but Amy Pascal soon clarified that Sony intended to have their new Marvel films take place in the same world as Spider-Man: Homecoming describing them as adjunct to that world. She said that Venom would have connections with the next planned film in Sony's Marvel Universe, Silver & Black, and that there was potential for Tom Holland's Spider-Man to crossover from the Marvel Cinematic Universe films to the Sony Marvel Universe films.

By August 2018, Sony was actively planning to crossover Spider-Man with their Marvel films, describing the character and Venom as "already in the same universe... we are looking forward to the two of them eventually facing off in the future".

In December, Venom writer Jeff Pinkner was asked if that film was set in the same universe as Holland's Spider-Man films, and he said that, "without revealing anything that I’m not allowed to reveal, it is not impossible that in a future/upcoming Venom movie, Spider-Man will play a significant role". Pascal added, referring to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Spider-Man films, Sony's Marvel Universe films, and Sony's animated films—"There's a world in which everything comes together", but Holland was restricted by his contract with Marvel Studios at that time.

In June 2019, Fiege states that a Spider-Man crossover is "likely", and "in Sony's hands".

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Removed Venom comic. It's unlikely to be canon. It contradicts scenes in the movie and adds nothing new. It's just an incomplete adaptation. It looks much more accurate now, along with the updated first 17 minutes.

selfishmisery

Please sign this. Maybe something great will come of it, if Sony is smart. https://www.change.org/p/sony-bring-andrew-garfield-back-for-the-venom-universe-2245d2f9-c8cf-4f24-a2fb-b8525fb24468.
I don't think https://amazingspiderman.fandom.com/wiki/Symbiote would be a massive continuity error if this happened. Nothing explicitly states it's the symbiote.
Uhhh...I'd rather Venom be retroactively added to the MCU in the future rather than that (dead) universe.

Email says "Case No. 10-27-" (October 27th).
It was sent at 8:14 PM, not 2 days ago or Yesterday, suggesting it has been less than 24 hours since it was sent. Another email has "2018" in it. 6 months later is in May because it seems unlikely it's exactly 6 months so it's probably not April.
That doesn't really explain why it would be May.

Did they mention it being "May" in the film?

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Fair enough. I just think it would be a nice fix to the "Spider-Man" problem, or just a recast (god no). It seems the MCU is out of the picture, for now, and the Ramiverse doesn't fit (that would be weird even if it could), so the Webbverse is a solution. To be honest, although the movies weren't that great, Andrew was pretty good as Spider-Man. As Peter Parker, maybe not, but in this universe the only thing thats needed is Spider-Man, not Peter Parker, and that was Andrews speciality.

But maybe a recast would be alright. I mean, they really can't do Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat or Silk without Spider-Man, can they? Ok, maybe Black Cat if we're reaching.

Best hope is MCU merger. I don't see that happening. Sony wants it, though. Maybe they'll get their wish?

Last edited:

Pro Bot

That doesn't really explain why it would be May.

Did they mention it being "May" in the film?
No, but it's likely, since it's a least 6 months, and April for the most part is before 6 months (except for a couple days). If it were april it would have to be extremely late April. May is an assumption based on "6 Months Later". That is, of cause, unless it's almost "6 months later"?

Last edited:

Pro Bot

This is rather interesting news.
"I think we aspire to have several shows in a universe that we create that can pollinate between each other, and to [be] working with a partner to make that happen."

Last edited:

Pro Bot

"Timeline-wise, near the beginning of the movie, there's a visible e-mail which contains a news story covering the NCLA 2018 Presidential Reception, which occurs annually on October 17. The e-mail is dated "Yesterday", placing the beginning of the movie on October 18, 2018. The movie then features a six month time-skip, placing it in April 2019." - The Wikia Editor, Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki - Timeline Discussion

Assuming an MCU integration, I guess this is to be ignored.

In the possibility of a MCU integration, it would have to go early January 2018 to late June 2018, unless of cause it takes place at a period of time when half of everyone is gone, which seems impossible, so I'd go with the assumption that the NCLA Presidential Reception takes place in 1st-5th January and 6 months later is only almost 6 months later, and unfortunately push back Avengers: Infinity War to June.

Last edited: