Sounds Crazy But what about Ares ?

Mr_Thing30

Here is a guy who is a God .. think of him standing toe to toe with Thor & smacking him down. SHIELD could have this sleeper agent "Ares" on hold back if THOR ever went rouge. Remember Thor only works when he wants to. (IE suits his needs.) What if Thor decided to stand in the way. Who then ? Hulk no way. Pitting a God VS someone with the power of a God (THOR) that would have just massive fight scenes, great detail. Also don't lose the fact that Ares has a son. Think of how far a man will go to protect his son if Dr Doom or some other villain started to muddle about with him.
I know this is really a shot in the dark, but Ares is the first book outside of the UM to catch my attention.

Ultxon said:
I'll be honest. I have no idea what you speak of.

God of...War, was it? He had a 5 (?) issue mini that just wrapped up a little while ago. He will be appearing in a team book, most speculate it to be New Avengers.

Er...was he confirmed for the other Avengers book? I don't remember. Ice would know....

Oh I know who Ares is [back into the darkness, S&D], I just don't undertsand the question.

Ares, is the Greek god of War and I believe he is the brother of Hephaestus (sp?) and the son of Zeus. Yeah I saw this book when I first started reading comics and I was gonna check it out...but I never did.

What I am asking is.. what if SHIELD has ARES as a safe-fail for THOR. It would be the prefect way to "Ulimate" him. I enjoyed the mini run of the 5 books was a good departure from normal comics. He is going to be added to the Avengers as Wizard reported. I think that he would be better in the UM.

If I were SHIELD, I wouldn't touch Ares with a ten-foot pole. No need for a narcissic braindead super agent. Enough of those already.

I'd rather wait for Ares to get his 'roman' upgrade, get a brain and rename himself Mars. ;)

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
I rather have him on the opposite side of SHIELD (with Captain America) since Thor is now on SHIELDs side in Civil War.

Do we really know if Thor is on Shield's side, cause didn't he simply show up in the last panel? Are we basing this off of covers for Civil War #4? cause remember, they have been known to create fake covers.

Thor said:
Ares, is the Greek god of War and I believe he is the brother of Hephaestus (sp?) and the son of Zeus. Yeah I saw this book when I first started reading comics and I was gonna check it out...but I never did.

He's pretty much the brother to all the gods Except for Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Hera

Mr_Thing30 said:
What I am asking is.. what if SHIELD has ARES as a safe-fail for THOR. It would be the prefect way to "Ulimate" him. I enjoyed the mini run of the 5 books was a good departure from normal comics. He is going to be added to the Avengers as Wizard reported. I think that he would be better in the UM.

SHIELD didn't recognize Thor as a god and probably didn't recognize him as anything that the already in place Ultimates couldn't handle if he went rogue. Besides he sort've already did go rogue during Gods & Monsters and we saw how SHIELD handled it.

And we're not talking about 616 here guys. Thread author is asking about an Ultimate Ares.

Latest posts

Back