Spider-Man Spider-Man: The End

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I know we won't see this for a good looong time, but I was wondering if anyone else has heard rumors that Stan "The Man" Lee will write this himselF?

I hope it's true, and I can just tell he will do a hell of a job on it.

What do you guys think on the rumor?

(By the way, if anyone is thinking where I got this from, I got it from a friend who keeps a "close eye" on these kinds of things.)

This was brought up by Quesada at a convention I was at during August.

He said Spider-man: The End would be written by Stan lee but no artist has been asigned yet.

But it would have to be Ditko pencils to be the best book.

NO F@!KING WAY! I am so gonna get that book. When is it supposed to come out.

WOAH there cowboy!!!

It might be sh1t.

ANybody remember that complete rubbish from a couple of years back when Stan Lee did DC comics?

When's the last time Stan Lee wrote a Marvel book?

I don't know if having his name attached would be enough to make me buy it, but I'm not real big on the "The End" books anyway. So....meh.

Yeah, Stan Lee has served his time. What I would like to see is if someone else wrote it so that we know that the torch has been passed. Yes, there are all different kinds of writers on Spider-Man now, but you know, the End books are a little more than one might say... Right? Let someone else have it.

icemastertron said:
Nah man. I think the best way to end Spider-Man is to have the man who started it. It's truly the best way.

am I agreeing with Ice?

I am, I'm agreeing with Ice!

Somebody with a Jean Grey complex quickly erase this experience from my mind!!!

Yes, sure, it would be poetic justice in a lot of ways but Stan the Man will eventually bite it and there would probably be another end to Spider-Man one way or another.

How many issues?

Does anyone know how many issues Spider-Man: The End will cover? Personally, I wouldn't mind if it only went to six issues, like Wolverine: The End. Condensing it into one issue (i.e. The Punisher and Hulk) would leave too many unanswered questions, and twelve issues (i.e. X-Men) would make it too strung out and boring. Stan Lee should definitely be the great destroyer of his masterpiece, no matter how long it has been since his last run as a writer. Anything less would be uncivilized! :wink:

In the Amazing Spider-man 500-502???? issue when Spider-man tries to help Dr strange defeat that guy he goes backwards though time, but he also sees that bit in the future, isn't that "the end of Spider-man"??? in that jacket kinda costume??
He standing by Aunt Mays or Uncle Bens Grave????? and he gets ambusehed and shot

To be honest, I can't think of someone i'd prefer over Stan Lee to write this book

I also think it needs more than a single issue but definitely shuoldn't be something as...epic as X-men the End (18 issues- with delays its going to take them like 3 years)

Who would it be that finally got Spidey though??

Shihad said:
In the Amazing Spider-man 500-502???? issue when Spider-man tries to help Dr strange defeat that guy he goes backwards though time, but he also sees that bit in the future, isn't that "the end of Spider-man"??? in that jacket kinda costume??
He standing by Aunt Mays or Uncle Bens Grave????? and he gets ambusehed and shot

Yeah, exactly, and I'm sure there have been others. Just like Wolverine was killed in the aborted future in New X-Men and he still got his "The End". I don't get the point of "The End" books; no matter what they say they aren't going to be canon.

The End books would only work if we had a finite life span for a character.

I'm sorry for banging on about this idea but stuff keeps hapenign to talk about it.

You could even give it a "Memento" type twist by starting with the hero's death and then over a period of 250 issues go backwards through their life till we get back to the beginning where they get their powers.

To make this story interesting, Spider-Man would have to be younger and he couldn't die of old age. I don't think any of you guys would be entertained watching ol' Granpuh Parker sitting in a wheelchair... I would love to see Spider-Man go out with a boom, you know?

Goodwill said:
To make this story interesting, Spider-Man would have to be younger and he couldn't die of old age. I don't think any of you guys would be entertained watching ol' Granpuh Parker sitting in a wheelchair... I would love to see Spider-Man go out with a boom, you know?

I understand, but what you're saying isn't always the case. Take the X-Men for example. They're not old in wheelchairs. These books don't have to be so much in the future such as Wolverine and Punisher. It doesn't have to be Parker as an old man. Either way, he'll go out with a 'boom'. Just may be...."portrayed" in a different manner.

And of course these books are not going to be canon. They're only a "possible" future. It wouldn't be fun just to end the characers, and expect exactly how they would die.

i like the idea of Long shots, with the going backwards from death to beginning where they get the powers.
Thats a really good idea

Goodwill said:

I don't remember if I ever asked you this - did you read Earth X?

Latest posts

Back