Spider-Man Spider-suit update (spoilerish Yarr)

Friday

As reported HERE spider-man will return to a classic look after the Iron-Spider look (wich has grown on me. I just wish it had 4 mechanical legs instead of 3. What has 7 limbs? Not a spider.), but instead of the Red and blue togs it'll be the black costume. The question is why?

Will it be in mourning over the death of Mary Jane, as a piece of art floating about the internet is suggesting?

Will it be because of his new pariah status after defectig to Captain Americas side, wich then loses?

Or is it just to recork the whole identity issue less than a year after the reveal?

Hell if I know.

Wicked art for the black costume though.

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/JMart/back_in_black.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't Mary Jane the reason Spidey stopped wearing the Black costume??

Yeah, I think it was.

:singing: Mary Jane is gonna diiiieee!!!:

This is completely out of left field. But what if the Black Suit is a desperate attempt to protect himself/family. Spider-Man's powerful enough but maybe Peter's going to do whatever it takes to keep whoever's gunning for him (S.H.I.E.L.D/Mighty Avengers/his rogues) from overpowering him.

I say its due to him switching sides, or at least sevring ties with Stark after Spidey sees how sinister he is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is completely out of left field. But what if the Black Suit is a desperate attempt to protect himself/family. Spider-Man's powerful enough but maybe Peter's going to do whatever it takes to keep whoever's gunning for him (S.H.I.E.L.D/Mighty Avengers/his rogues) from overpowering him.
What if at the end of Civil War Fury gets Shiled back and some heros go to them for protection (like the offer Fury gave Murdock in the Widow arc). Black Costumed Field Op Spider-man.

If nothing else it'd be an awesome What If.

Maybe the symboite rejoins him.

:scared:

E said:

That would be clownshoes....

I think I know why he'll be wearing the black suit again. Could it be that Spider-man 3 is coming out soon and he does wear the black suit in the movie. Marvel did something similar in USM with Doc Oc showing up at the same time Spider-man 2 was out.

DGspider-fan said:
I think I know why he'll be wearing the black suit again. Could it be that Spider-man 3 is coming out soon and he does wear the black suit in the movie. Marvel did something similar in USM with Doc Oc showing up at the same time Spider-man 2 was out.
Joe Q said it was a coincidence, but yeah That's whats happening

DGspider-fan said:

Oh man... I didn't even think of that. I mean it's so obvious. Peter Parker (616) is going to sit there and say to himself "Oh! There's a new movie coming out of me in reality so I have to put the Symbiote Costume on again." No actual storyline just Peter Parker doing it for marketing purposes.

Why didn't I think of that?

E said:

Civil War: Chosing Sides: Venom

Mac Gargan: I dunno. I think this whole registration thing is crap. I mean that Pym guy from Beyond if for it. He was a dweeb.

Symbiote: ...**** you dude. I'm out. Maybe that Parker kid finaly realised what he was missing.

Mac Gargan: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

DGspider-fan said:
That would be clownshoes....

"The Other" proves that they are perfectly willing to put out a horrible story. Don't put it past them.

E said:
"The Other" proves that they are perfectly willing to put out a horrible story. Don't put it past them.

I don't but it would be clownshoes.....The more I think about it, with the movie coming out, it is a possibility. Scary thought. What could be Peters motavation for taking the suit back? Even if something terrible happens to him he's still logical right? He should know better.

DGspider-fan said:
I don't but it would be clownshoes.....

I agree. It would probably be *worse* than "The Other".

Well JQ did say he would take credit for it but that it was serendipitous. Maybe it's part of embracing the "other." I haven't seen him carry anyone on his back since then. Or run around with night vision and stinging the crap out of Cap and Wolvie.

Woohoo.

if he keeps it a year or two that means that my black spider-man costume i have will tecnically be the current spider-man one so there for in style for next years dragoncon which i planning to go to again.

but seriously I think it would be cool if it is the venom sybiote bonding with him again (not just coz i'm a venom fan boy) because if it's in civil war it could make spider-man react completly diffrently and switch sides. I know i dont read 616 that much (mainly coz i prefure the ultimate style of doing stuff) but that could be a huge thing and could make more heroes switch sides and change the tide of the whole war...... (assuming i'm right in thinking it's still going on)

That could be what the CW mini with Mac Gargan/Venom is about...

Because after all, its not like anyone in 616 has seem a reason to even use Gargan Venom in a story since Millar.

Ultimate MJ said:
That could be what the CW mini with Mac Gargan/Venom is about...

Because after all, its not like anyone in 616 has seem a reason to even use Gargan Venom in a story since Millar.

personly i dont like the other venoms so i dont read it. I only like eddie brock as venom the others just dont impress me even if venom (616 version) is my fave character venom II and stuff is silly IMO

Latest posts

Back