Spider-Man Spider-suit update (spoilerish Yarr)

In the Other Spiderman is told to embrace everthing a spider can. And then some with the wolvie type stingers. He doesn't need Iron man's suit. IM just uses it to track Peter's movements. Because now he knows Peter has a spider sense.

yeah the friend who gets screwed up and lies to you everyonce in awhile :roll:
Hey wikipedia is great for general information, just be careful when you use it.
why does joe Q want mary jane to die (if that's what's really going to happen)? that dosen't make sense killing off mary jane is like peter loosing a part of himself (in my opinion)

He believes that Peter being married was a huge mistake, that it turns young people off, the stories become more soap opera like, blah blah blah. But he knows making him divorced or widowed would be worst. I like him being married, characters should grow not just stay in the same rut for decades upon decades. Just get better writing and you can pull of anything

Here's a bit of an idea...

They showed a page of Eddie Brock in his hospital bed in ASM #533. I don't think this was a coincidence. I think Brock is going to have something to do with Peter going... (cue Angus Young riff) BACK IN BLACK! What he will have to do with it, I couldn't tell you... but why else would they show him?

Mac Gargan may have the symbiote for now, as shown in the current "Beyond" series (which seems to be out of continuity) as well as Civil War #4, where he's been recruited as a cape-hunter, Thunderbolt or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fight between Garga-nom and Spidey in which Mac is defeated (of course) and perhaps the symbiote returns to Peter.

I dunno, it's all speculation, but I'm not going to say I hate the idea of a renewed Parker/Symbiote relationship. Sure, Venom got real goofy after McFarlane left for Image and has stayed that way ever since. Erik Larsen admittedly hated the character and tried to get the fans on board, and other writers/artists followed suit, or at least it seems that way. I loved how McFarlane handled the character, he never went too far off with the art or the story. Larsen was responsible for the gums and sharp teeth and the 50-foot tongue while McFarlane's venom was more like a grinning fiend, though every now he'd show the Gene Simmons tongue. I remember, I started hating the character during the Maximum Carnage arc. I didn't even pay any mind to the whole symbiote family jamboree that came not too long afterwards. But... the Venom character kicked *** and most comics fans those days LOVED it, and the character could kick *** today as long as the writers involved KEEP IT SIMPLE! No splitting, no Venom-spawn. Just the original relationship/love triangle of Peter Parker-symbiote-Eddie Brock.

Come to think of it, with the recent appearance of Brock and all the hype about the black costume, this would really kind of bring it full circle. It could serve to be like a retcon without totally being a retcon. Sorta like a re-do/do-over. An ailing Brock needs the symbiote to stay healthy, a blacklisted Spider-Man needs the symbiote to tip the scales in his favor (maybe). Ah, there's another interesting concept... Brock and Parker sharing the symbiote.

As cool as that last part sounds, highly doubtful. Although Venom offering Spiderman a chance to tip the scales is highly possible.

so are we saying rouge spider-man??? it seems that everyone thinks peter's gonna go really on edge. what if peter becomes more pacifist, but spidey goes more aggresive? sorta like a split identity thing? i mean, the man doesn't like all thats happening and wants to stop, but the spider wants to strike. kinda like a way to seperate the two maybe?

My idea: The black suit is not the symbiote, but rather, it's worn for a symbolic purpose (probably as a way of honoring those who may have died in the conflict of Civil War).

That's my take on it anyway.

I totally think the new black suit is the symbiote!!
and the story is really building up well!!

forget about garga-nom (yeah i loved this name :)).

this is the story we see on civil war and amazing spiderman
focus on peter , he has been willinglessly fighting on iron man's side , and iron man was playing games behind his back.that means a lot of anger against the registration side.and his worst enemies as thunderbirds (venom//gobbie) on registration side!!!

this is the story we see on sensational spider-man
so many villains attacking his family,starting from molten man to the chameleon,who has already been a real total pain in the butt of spider-man.which is another reason to get angry.and a damn good one

this is the story we see on friendly neighborhood spidey
mysterios , doc ock attackin midtown high , attackin peter , attackin kids just because he is revealed.and he is left all alone to fight them.

everything has been building up since the civil war begun.peter is simply hating every single detail about his life , and you all know where there is hate , there is the symbiote. so lets wait up and have some fun :)

I hate the black symbiote costume. It was an ok idea at first when it appeared.

But then fanboys embraced it just a little tooooo much and it's just taken on a life of it's own. I shudder at the thought of it returning. I could deal with a darker styled costume that Peter decides to don.......but just the thought of Peter/Symbiote together again makes me wanna punch old women.

Personally....I place the Symbiote in the same league as the Spider-Buggy.

Yeah....I said it. And I bloody well mean it. :x

Last edited:
I hate the black symbiote costume. It was an ok idea at first when it appeared.

But then fanboys embraced it just a little tooooo much and it's just taken on a life of it's own. I shudder at the thought of it returning. I could deal with a darker styled costume that Peter decides to don.......but just the thought of Peter/Symbiote together again makes me wanna punch old women.

Personally....I place the Symbiote in the same league as the Spider-Buggy.

Yeah....I said it. And I bloddy well mean it. :x

I think with the push Venom is getting over in Thunderbolts and the Chosing Sides one shot that Mac will be keeping the Symbiote for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
I agree with Baxter. We might see Venom apear more often in Spidey comics too, considering Spider-man 3 is coming up. I just can't see Parker letting the Symbiote rejoin him.

Bax did you post this thread on Talk Like A Pirate Day?

Anyone else think its kinda weird/funny that he's getting black suit back and it's in the new marvel game meaning the game is up to date longer kind-of

Nope. Yarr has inflitrated the local venacular here. Random Yarrs are heard all about.

... Oh right that's my cue, *clears throat*.... Yarr

Anyone else think its kinda weird/funny that he's getting black suit back and it's in the new marvel game meaning the game is up to date longer kind-of

Actually the black suit is usually the number one choose of alternative costumes (except for the movie games because they probably didnt have the rights or something) so its not that weird at all. What IS a coincidence is how he's getting it right around the third movie which features a black suit and venom

Last edited:
Actually the black suit is usually the number one choose of alternative costumes (except for the movie games because they probably didnt have the rights or something) so its not that weird at all. What IS a coincidence is how he's getting it right around the third movie which features a black suit and venom

Thats true. I loved all the alt coostumes on Spider-man 1 and 2 on psone. and the black one on ultimate spider-man game.

I think if they do a Spider-man 4 we need the best costume ever we need to get the amzaing bag-man:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back