Spotlight on...

Cuz I wasnt collecting it. I was a lot poorer back then. lol, and in NZ its hard to find a comic shop and i didnt know of one back then so i had to by comics from a stationary shop which only sold Spidey and X-Men. The Generation X comics i did manage to get were the back issues from the $2 shop and there werent many there.

Nurhachi said:
Cuz I wasnt collecting it. I was a lot poorer back then. lol, and in NZ its hard to find a comic shop and i didnt know of one back then so i had to by comics from a stationary shop which only sold Spidey and X-Men. The Generation X comics i did manage to get were the back issues from the $2 shop and there werent many there.

Ic...Ic... I'll do some research back to Emplate or any other spotlighted character I've mentioned.

Well, Emplate was Generation X's main villain i think. He was the magneto to Generation X's X-Men.

They had so many X titles back then. X- Force, X-Factor, Generation X, Excalibur......

Sorry, enough reminessing

Gen X had about 80 or 90 issues and actually drew to a close. It was about the five mutants mentioned (Husk, Chamber, Jubilee, M and Synch and Skin) who were schooled at the Massachucets (I can't spell that cos I'm not American) Academy, run by Emma Frost and Banshee. Various others moved throught but the M-twins Saga runs like so

In the start, Generation X was formed from the surviving mutants involved in the Phalanx Covenant who weren't X-men and Jubilee. M was one of the mutants captured by the Phalanx to test on and wouldn't talk to the others. She built a device from almost nothing that exposed and destroyed the Phalanx infiltrator. She was the quiet uppity super-genius type. Her mane was Monet St Croix.

Think Rogue with her Ms Marvel powers minus the absorption plus telepathy, a rich family and a superiority complex.

There was Emplate, this guy who sucked the life out of people from another dimension. He had minions. They were called the Hellions in solicits but never in the comics.

There was Penance, found in one of Emplate's bases and he was feeding off of her repeatedly. She couldn't talk and her skin was razor sharp and her forarms were blades.

Basically, it was revealed that Emplate was M's brother and Monet was not actually Monet. Emplate had come to the original Monet and told her to join him or die. She disagreeed and he tried to feed off her. The previously unmentioned younger St Croix twin sisters, (Nicolette and Claudette from memory) arrived and using their newly activated powers, they sent Emplate (Marius) to his other dimension from which he had to feed to retrun. The original Monet was dragged off with him. The twins used their powers to fuse together and "replace" Monet, pretending to be her but eventually split apart as the Real Monet repossessed her body, leaving the twins in the body of Penance. Later, they escaped somehow and it was revealed there was an original inhabitant to the Penance body that no-one knew who it was.

I'm pretty sure thats how it happened. It was a real mess.

I do recall that Ellis had a reputedly good run on Gen X. The series ends áfter Emma is forced to shoot her sister, Banshee is drinking and depressed because Moira has the Legacy virus, Chamber graduates and the others leave. Banshee ends up in X-corps, as do many Gen X'ers who are worried about him. From there, they move to the Xavier Institute after the collapse of X-corps and Husk is still there.

I can tell you a bit more about the characters if you want, start a thread.

Latest posts

Back