Star Trek : Online

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I bet you'll be buying this Ourchair.

First I'd need a better computer.

But seriously, I look forward to it, nonetheless and wish it the best.

Ah. See that's like me. My pc playing a new game is laughable. But it does look cool. I assumed you loving star trek your reaction to this would have been the same as mine for Star wars galaxies or Dragon ball online. :lol:

Ah. See that's like me. My pc playing a new game is laughable. But it does look cool. I assumed you loving star trek your reaction to this would have been the same as mine for Star wars galaxies or Dragon ball online. :lol:
I have a hard time getting excited over new Star Trek games, and that has nothing to do with the conventional wisdom of "licensed games suck" or "Star Trek games are never good" and more to do with, as I can most briefly put it, my belief that conventional gaming genres fit poorly with Star Trek.

The only three Star Trek games I enjoyed were:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (and the sequel Judgement Rites) - which were basically straightforward adventure game form 'TV episodes' featuring the TOS cast.

Bridge Commander - a fairly decent space sim, that went away from conventional ship-based Trek games, by essentially giving you the chance to command a starship crew with all the quirks made famous by the TV (plasma venting! use aft phaser banks! restrain the urge to punch your first officer!)

Elite Force - a game that essentially said **** you to the self-serious ponderous nature of game treatments of Star Trek and gave the Voyager crew big ****ing guns, prioritizing fun gameplay over anything else.

I have a hard time getting excited over new Star Trek games, and that has nothing to do with the conventional wisdom of "licensed games suck" or "Star Trek games are never good" and more to do with, as I can most briefly put it, my belief that conventional gaming genres fit poorly with Star Trek.

I can agree with that. I have never enjoyed a Star trek game. Also nott because of "licensed games suck" but just the happened to be bad or at least the ones I played.

Ourchair said:
The only three Star Trek games I enjoyed were:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
(and the sequel Judgement Rites) - which were basically straightforward adventure game form 'TV episodes' featuring the TOS cast.

Bridge Commander - a fairly decent space sim, that went away from conventional ship-based Trek games, by essentially giving you the chance to command a starship crew with all the quirks made famous by the TV (plasma venting! use aft phaser banks! restrain the urge to punch your first officer!)

Elite Force - a game that essentially said **** you to the self-serious ponderous nature of game treatments of Star Trek and gave the Voyager crew big ****ing guns, prioritizing fun gameplay over anything else.

Those sound cool. I don't think I played those

Star Trek Online
Boldly going where the franchise has never gone before.

here are few franchises in the world of entertainment that carry as much loyalty or have as deep a history as Star Trek. So it seems odd that it's taken so long for developers to take a stab at making a massively multiplayer version. Thankfully, Cryptic Studios has taken the challenge and offered us a first look at the actual gameplay here at Gamescom.

Fans may remember from our earlier previews that this game is set 30 years after the events in Star Trek: Nemesis and 22 years after the massive supernova that devastated the Romulan Empire. The galaxy that players will explore has also seen the breakdown of the accord between the Klingons and the Federation, as well as the return of the assimilating Borg. With so much going on, it's clear that there's going to be lots of conflict right from the start in Star Trek Online. Throw in some time travel missions, a few mirror universes and the obligatory wormhole, and it seems like the game has everything a Star Trek fan would want.

Alot more here http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/101/1016354p1.html

Latest posts

Back