Star Trek Reviews

Wow, that Wrath of Khan review is pretty astounding. Anyone who has ever shunned Star Trek should watch this review.

[video=youtube;8hIV3gLupqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hIV3gLupqU[/video]

A FORTY minute review? I've listened to some of it, and it seems rather smart, but dammit, you watch this after you've seen KHAN. If you're willing to spend forty minutes listening to a guy talk about the movie, I think you'd have more fun watching it. :)

Well yeah. It's spoiler-filled and generally assumes that you've already seen the film.

I know a bunch of people who haven't given Khan as much respect as it deserves, though.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. The Soulless Minions of Orthodoxy.

There time will come, my friend. There time will come.

Man that review was great, makes me want them to remake wrath of Khan for the next reboot movie all the more.

Man that review was great, makes me want them to remake wrath of Khan for the next reboot movie all the more.

They definitely, definitely shouldn't try and remake Wrath of Khan. They already tried with the first reboot (vengeful villain who's lost everything, relentlessly coming after one of the main characters, mind-control-slugs, "I've done worse than kill you, I've hurt you," etc). Do something different.

Last edited:

STAR TREK ELEVEN IS WRATH OF KHAN. IT IS THE SAME MOVIE. IT EVEN HAS THE GODDAM KOBAYASHI-MARU AND THE CETI ALPHA EELS! THEY JUST SWITCHED KIRK FOR SPOCK AND SUBSTANCE FOR LENS FLARE!!!!!!!!11!11!11!

They definitely, definitely shouldn't try and remake Wrath of Khan. They already tried with the first reboot (vengeful villain who's lost everything, relentlessly coming after one of the main characters, mind-control-slugs, "I've done worse than kill you, I've hurt you," etc). Do something different.

Exactly. Which is why I'm sure STAR TREK TWELVE will involve the Borg. Or the Klingons.

The more I watch the new Trek movie the more I hate it. I am, however, really looking forward to seeing Pine and the rest as the crew. They were all terrific.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the review of Voyager episode threshold? Now that's a classic review. Threshold may very will be the worst Star Trek episode, ever.

[video=youtube;Nsaucfx8lxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsaucfx8lxI[/video]

Last edited:
Exactly. Which is why I'm sure STAR TREK TWELVE will involve the Borg. Or the Klingons.

The more I watch the new Trek movie the more I hate it. I am, however, really looking forward to seeing Pine and the rest as the crew. They were all terrific.

Star Trek is one of those films that is just so cool I can't bring myself to hate it. Pine and the gang were excellent (with the exception of Quinto, who was only okay) and it was clear that while the writers were trying to remake Wrath, that JJ was clueless to this. For better or worse, I'm pretty sure that he at least didn't know that that's what they were trying to do.

Again though, just keep Khan out of this. He worked great before, but that was only because of those particular stories and the way in which they were written. I'm not sure there's a great deal of versatility where his character is concerned.

And besides. I want me some Kling'ns.

I don't think the writers were aware of them ripping off Khan wholesale.

I like everything about the movie except the story. The more I watch it, the more I hate the story.

I don't think the writers were aware of them ripping off Khan wholesale.

So you think it was JJ Abrams? Even though he came out and said that "There's no reason why Kirk couldn't face Khan in one of our movies! He could be out there!"?! Those are not the words of a knowing plagiarist. Plus, I'm fairly certain he's mentioned that he's never seen any of the previous movies or any of the other Trek shows.

You're thinking that someone intentionally copied KHAN. I don't think they did. They intentionally copied STAR WARS. That's why it's the "hero's journey" and they say as much in the extras. But Abrams, Kurtzman, Orci, and Lindelof are/were unaware that they just repackaged KHAN. All of them have said they would like to do Khan in the movie, completely oblivious they already remade it.

I don't think they're plagiarists, just completely oblivious to their own work, which is why the movie is so unfortunately shallow.

I'd agree with you except for the damn mind-slugs. Everything else could just be a happy coincidence, but when you put something so blatantly associated with Wrath of Khan in your movie, it seems difficult to believe that they didn't know what they were doing.

And an out-of-time villain hellbent on revenge with a planet-destroying weapon created by the Federation.

Oh, and, y'know, the Kobayashi-Maru.

1336520468.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back