Star Wars Battlefront

E

Excelsior Club
FINALLY it's out. Anyone else pick it up?

I played through all of the tutorials, a few solo missions, and online for a few games. it's pretty incredible. I can see the complains and criticisms that it's too light on content - there are only 4 maps. But considering everything is basically the same on each map anyway it doesn't really bother me.

I haven't played all the modes yet but I did play Fighter Squadron a bunch of times. I didn't do to well and my teams didn't win any of the matches I played but it was really fun.

The Emperor is amazing to play as. He does that scary weird lunging twist move that he does in Episode 3 (no lightsaber though) and the whole time he's cackling and it's terrifying.

So, yeah. Great game.

I haven't played it, but is there anything even resembling a story?

I haven't played it, but is there anything even resembling a story?

Not really extensively, but there wasn't on any of the previous Battlefront games and it didn't really take anything from it.

Why would a game like this need a story?

Not really extensively, but there wasn't on any of the previous Battlefront games and it didn't really take anything from it.

Why would a game like this need a story?

The firstvtwo games had a story mode. Why on earth would someone want to play a game with no story?

The firstvtwo games had a story mode. Why on earth would someone want to play a game with no story?

Because gameplay is more important than story.

Because gameplay is more important than story.

The existance of point and click adventures proves that wrong. For me it goe: story, gameplay, literally everything else, graphics.

Last edited:

Because this isn't the kind of game that requires it.

Love this game. The multiplayer is really fun. Like is it wrong I play as female Rebel + Stormtrooper as I love how she sounds when talking like "Booom!" is adorable lol I love the heroes though not all heroes are equal. For me hero best : Leia - her heal + shield make her deadly if you get in group. Villain best - Emperor - heal + chain lightning makes him a beast. Worst hero = Han - not bad just not as good to play. worst villain Boba fett - I die way to fast as him with no kills , i dont know why. Modes - Favourite = Survivor , Least favourite = flight squadron.

Now my complaints :

- they have "battles" but come on. I miss one vs AI bots or teaming with friend vs bots. This its not the same as the old one would be like doing the multiplayer modes but with just friends and AI , I hate playing with randoms lol

- So much seems kept off for DLC, I got season pass but come on!

- Needs a bit more balancing as all the best players seem to have same cards/ loadouts

- Can't kill ewoks yet there is a trophy when one kills you. two things i hate ewoks and trophies/achievements

But no game is perfect it's still fun and I recommend it, I'm ok with lack of story mode as the "story" was always just the films and was the least played mode by fans. BUT it needs more off-line content and also needs more maps as E said

CXWGHtVW8AAsofp.jpg:large

I took this piture from my twiitter upload, love these diorama pieces you unlock in battlefront the are awesome

Does the game at least have cut scenes? I'm trying to justify putting any of it in my timeline cut I'm making.

Last edited:
Does the game at least have cut scenes? I'm trying to justify putting any of it in my timeline cut I'm making.

Survivor mode does. Honestly though if you are after is story then this is not for you. You'd be better with fallout 4 , Just cause 3 r something. Or if you want Star wars + story get KOTOR it should be on pc IOS xbox ect... as sure its old but damn it's the best star wars story out side of episode V

Last edited:
Survivor mode does. Honestly though if you are after is story then this is not for you. You'd be better with fallout 4 , Just cause 3 r something. Or if you want Star wars + story get KOTOR it should be on pc IOS xbox ect... as sure its old but damn it's the best star wars story out side of episode V

Yeah, I just watched one of the cut scenes. For me Battlefront was one of the few shooters I enjoyed so to have it be this is pretty disappointing to me. Judging from the reviews I'm not alone. If you guys like it cool, just not for me.

Last edited:

I can't imagine needing cut scenes to determine if I would like this (or any) game.

No offense, it's just that for a game like this it is literally the least important part of the game.

I can't imagine needing cut scenes to determine if I would like this (or any) game.

To fair no cutscenes would kill like every teltale game lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back