Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

Oy. On the ever more annoying "Apprentice" Season 4 starting this fall (not to be confused with "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart") George Lucas is guest starring for a task to see which team can create better promotional material for the DVD. This is dull news to me, since both the winning and losing team usually have terrible ideas when it comes to promoting things. :?

Another season of the Apprentice?

How many ****ing apprentices does Donald Trump need? :D

If the weekend estimates hold, "Sith" JUST inched past Spider-Man 2 as the #8 most moneymaking film in the U.S. (excluding films adjusted for inflation) :D

Bass said:
To be honest, I don't care how much he changes them.

What I think he should do, however, is release the OT as it was, no changes, no cuts, no nothing, as it originally was, for future generations. The editied Empire is nice and all, but the original is an extremely clever piece of work and must be preserved.

I fail to see why we cannot have both.
That's actually not a bad idea.

I hate the fact that Lucas keeps making revisions and trying to push away previous editions into obsolescence, but your suggestion is a good one --- He gets to have it his way, and the old-school purists get to have theirs. And all in all, Lucas gets a bigger *** load of money.

I'm getting hyped for the DVD. It should have pretty good features.

Also, if anyone wants to know what happens after III ends, the new novel about Vader, Sidious, and wiping out a bunch of Jedi that escaped 66, comes out this month. :)

Bass said:
There would be no problem if each OT disc had a "play original theatrical release" option. If they did, people could then judge the merits of the newer updates in relation to the first three films without having to compare them to a superior, albeit quickly fading classic.

Well I'm sure you all heard the news that Lucas is releasing the OT Unaltered on DVD on 12 Sept.

Could I care? No. I'm cool with my set as is. I mean I'm a little mad that Lucas added Hayden as Anakin in the party scene in Jedi....but it's only a 3 second shot----I'll live.

I've been watching the Cartoon Network Clone Wars (Vol1 and 2) today and have been in awe of how good they are. I wouldn't be mad if Lucas remade the entire series all over again animated by Tartakovsky and tried to sell it to me for $100.......I'd buy it.

It's amazing what they can cram into 5 and 12 minute shorts.

They started showing this on local cable (Star Movies, a subsidiary of FoxTV/News Corp) recently after showing Episode I and Episode II.

Still stupid.

Latest posts

Back