Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

Goodwill said:
Well, that's not true... As I'm sure Moonmaster will back me up, so can Michael Jackson. ;)

It's totally true. He can master the Dark Side, The Light Side, and The Grey side.

He's also Darth Vader's real daddy. Betcha didn't know that!

Star Wars stayed in 3rd place this weekend at the box office (Yesssssss....) , making 14.8 million (Noooooo.........), rising to #13 on the all-time moneymaking films in the U.S. (Yessssss..........)

And for good measure, a healthy Vader-style
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No reason. :D

It is said that Lucas will release this boxset this November, along with a prequel boxset for current owners of the OT DVDs. There are many changes, including to ones made to the 2004 DVDs. Most of the info come from theforce.net, and below are the details:

THE PHANTOM MENACE:
New Digital and Audio transfer
The Changes:-
1. Some of Jar Jar Binks's lines have been removed and changed

2. Improved CGI backgrounds in certain scenes

3. Yoda's facial expressions are now mostly CGI

Features:-
Slightly altered audio commentary
Deleted Scenes
Original Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
Duel Of The Fates Music Video Featuring John Williams
Collection of Photographs of Cast,Crew & Production

ATTACK OF THE CLONES:
1. The Jedi Raid on the Droid Control ship has been completed and added to the film (completed footage filmed during episode III)

2. The noises Yoda makes while fighting Dooko have been changed

3. One of C-3PO's lines has been changed and another one has been removed

Slightly longer audio commentary (beacuse film will be slighly longer)
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Teasers
Launch Trailer
TV Spots

REVENGE OF THE SITH:
The Additions:
1. A scene has been added where Yoda explains to Obi-Wan who erased Kamino from the Jedi files and that he is going to await contact on the planet Dagabah (filmed during episode III)

2. An extended battle on Kassakk

Audio commentary
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
John Williams Music Video

EPISODES I-III BONUS DISK:
'From Dreams to Reality' (in depth making of the Prequel Trilogy including interviews with George Lucas, Rick Macallum, John Williams, Ewan Mc Gregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christian, Samuel L. Jackson, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels & Christopher Lee) It runs at about 2hrs 40mins

Preview of 'Clone Wars 3D' television series

Blooper Reel (over 6 & a half mins)

'Extending the Saga' (an in-depth look at how the Lucas's orginal plot for Star Wars has changed)

'CGI'ing the Movies' (an in-depth look at how CGI has had a dramatic effect on the Prequel Trilogy)

'Saber Fights' (A documentary regarding all the lightsaber fights in the Prequel Trilogy. Presented by Nick Gillard)

Exclusive DVD-ROM Content

A NEW HOPE:
1. The 'Imperial March' music has been added to Vader's first appearence

2. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's theme music can heard in the background and when Obi-Wan starts talking about Vader it changes to the Imperial March

3. Luke's lightasber is blue throughout the film

4. In several scenes where creatures are seen (e.g. The Cantina) some have been replaced by creatures seen in the prequels

5. The bleeding arm Obi-Wan slices off a creature in the Cantina does not have blood seen on it

6. Just before the Death Star destroys Alderaan there is a new scene added where different places on the planet can be seen along with Bail Organa & his wife. Shots include Bail being warned of the Death Star, the destrution on the planet which includes massive earthquakes, fire and peopele frantically trying to escape, you see Bail looking up into the blackend sky before the planet totally blows up (filmed during episode III)

7. The Death Star's computers and screens have been improved

8. The opening text crawl has changed (details unknown)

9. Luke looks upset when Biggs dies and he sheds a tear (all CGI & PRT)

10. The duel between Vader & Obi-Wan is roughly a minute longer as there are more shots of the lightsabers clashing and them moving about (done using CGI, PRT & Stuntmen playing Vader & Obi-Wan). Music has been added to the scene as well (deatails unknown yet)

11. Just before the medal ceromony at the end, a scene has been added where Vader lands his damaged ship on Coruscant to meet Palpatine. They discuss the destruction of the Death Star, Obi-Wan, Luke & finding the Rebels. This is the first time Vader relises his children are alive and that Luke destroyed the Death Star (filmed during Episode III)

12. Vader's mask eyes remain black throughout the film

13. John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet apart from changes 1 & 2 in this list)

Alterd Audio Commentary (because of changes)
'A Completed Saga' (interview with George Lucas about the new changes to A New Hope, why he made them and comparing them to the previous versions)
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
1. Some shots where Taun-taun's can be seen have been changed so the Tuan-tuan's have more movement and look more realistic

2. While the battle of Hoth is going on Imperial ships land near the Rebel base and a few more shots of ships flying and being destroyed have been added

3. Some of the views of Bespin (for example the background where Luke is holding on to the metal poles beneath a building) have been improved to look more realistic and ships can be seen flying around in the distance

4. A scene has been added where Yoda is teaching Luke how to fight with a lightasber made possible by Luke wearing a helmet while training (a stunt double plays him)

5. The Wampa scenes have been edited and restored into the film as well as new scenes added. We see a Wampa being brought into the Rebel base and locked into a room with other Wampa's. Later C-3PO knocks the sign off the door the Wampa's are behind stating their there and when the Stormtroopers enter the base they open the door only to be attacked by the Wampa's who then can be seen escaping as the Millennium Falcon blasts off out of Hoth

6. Lightsaber effects improved

7. The sound of Luke's lightasber turning off as he exits cave has been removed

8. Some of Yoda's facial expressions have been improved beacuse of CGI

9. (John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet)

RETURN OF THE JEDI:
The Changes:
1. In the battle on Endor more Ewoks and Stormtroopers can be seen fighting and dieing and some parts of the battle have been edited out, members of Han's team can be seen fighting as well (these scenes were shot during the production of Episode I, 7 years ago)

2. Vader uses the force to reclaim his lightasber after he throws it at Luke and the sound of him turning it on again has been removed

3. The lightasber duel between Luke and Vader is slightly longer (just more shots of clshing lightsabers)

4. The lightsaber effects have been improved

5. Vader has a flashback of Padme after his talk with Luke when he first meets him on Endor (filmed during Episode III)

6. Kassykk & Utapau have been added to the end celebration scenes

7. Some of Yoda's facial expressions have been improved beacuse of CGI

8. Boba Fett's scream has been changed

9. Chewbacca's Tarzan call has been removed

10. John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet)

Alterd Audio Commentary (because of changes)
'A Completed Saga' (interview with George Lucas about the new changes to Return of the Jedi, why he made them and comparing them to the previous versions)
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
Deleted Scenes

This seems to good to be true. :roll: I am skeptical about this. I would like to know what you guys thought! :roll:

slimjim said:
:lol: :lol: DO you think this is actually going to happen, and if so how much

Hard to say. I could buy him changing some small things on the prequels but aren't the OTs done and over with? I thought he said he wouldn't mess with them anymore.

He can add slight things and it says some things were shot during EpisodeIII. But some of the things he says are gonna be changed are just over the top!

To be honest, I don't care how much he changes them.

What I think he should do, however, is release the OT as it was, no changes, no cuts, no nothing, as it originally was, for future generations. The editied Empire is nice and all, but the original is an extremely clever piece of work and must be preserved.

I fail to see why we cannot have both.

I gaurentee that the original cuts will be released in the near future, once it seems that they can't make anymore money off of the rereleases and the prequels...

Lucasfilms :heart: $$$$

Bass said:
To be honest, I don't care how much he changes them.

What I think he should do, however, is release the OT as it was, no changes, no cuts, no nothing, as it originally was, for future generations. The editied Empire is nice and all, but the original is an extremely clever piece of work and must be preserved.

I fail to see why we cannot have both.

Remember the South Park episode where they tried to stop Lucas and Spielberg from rereleasing "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with digital effects like they did with Star Wars? They should have just left the movies the way they were in the first place. Its stupid to change a classic movie. Could you imagine the furor if they tried to go back and add computer effects to 'The Godfather' or 'Casablanca'. Somebody should tell Lucas that adding in computer animation only serves to tamper with a classic movie. It's just pointless.

moonmaster said:
Could you imagine the furor if they tried to go back and add computer effects to 'The Godfather' or 'Casablanca'.

True, but do you really think that most people put Star Wars on the same level as those films?

I think to change them to go in hand with the prequel is alright as long a they don't do anything drastic. Most of that isn't a big deal but their were some things that was just plain stupid like changing lines. That's dumb. I like the idea of the new Vader & Palpatine scene.

moonmaster said:
Remember the South Park episode where they tried to stop Lucas and Spielberg from rereleasing "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with digital effects like they did with Star Wars? They should have just left the movies the way they were in the first place. Its stupid to change a classic movie. Could you imagine the furor if they tried to go back and add computer effects to 'The Godfather' or 'Casablanca'. Somebody should tell Lucas that adding in computer animation only serves to tamper with a classic movie. It's just pointless.

But it really isn't that bad. Y'see, Lucas is readapting his films to fit in with the prequel trilogy. If you watch Eps 1-3, then 4-6, and you've not seen any of the films before, you'll find it odd that 4-6 set up revelations you already know about. As a result, Lucas is adapting those films to become sequels to the first three episodes. I'm fine with that.

The problem is that the original versions of the trilogy as a stand alone trilogy no longer exists, and as a result, instead of having two different versions of the same film, we are left with one version of the film that is not as good in the eyes of many, as the original.

There would be no problem if each OT disc had a "play original theatrical release" option. If they did, people could then judge the merits of the newer updates in relation to the first three films without having to compare them to a superior, albeit quickly fading classic.

Bass said:
But it really isn't that bad. Y'see, Lucas is readapting his films to fit in with the prequel trilogy. If you watch Eps 1-3, then 4-6, and you've not seen any of the films before, you'll find it odd that 4-6 set up revelations you already know about. As a result, Lucas is adapting those films to become sequels to the first three episodes. I'm fine with that.

The problem is that the original versions of the trilogy as a stand alone trilogy no longer exists, and as a result, instead of having two different versions of the same film, we are left with one version of the film that is not as good in the eyes of many, as the original.

There would be no problem if each OT disc had a "play original theatrical release" option. If they did, people could then judge the merits of the newer updates in relation to the first three films without having to compare them to a superior, albeit quickly fading classic.

I agree 100%

In a few days, at the U.S. (not adjusted for inflation) Box Office, Sith will pass The Passion of the Christ to become #9 on the alltime moneymakers.

Latest posts

Back