Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (discussion w/ spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
So last night I played all of the tutorials and this morning I just played the game for about an hour and 14 minutes.

IT. IS. AWESOME.

I saw a review on Monday about the game (from X-Play) and they gave it a 2 out of 5. They are fools! Everything they noted bad about the game I didn't see. One thing they hated was the camera. It is not as bad as they claimed it was. Yeah, it could have been better, but it's not horrible like they mentioned.

But man, I love playing the Wii version. Moving the Wiimote around like a lightsaber and seeing it the same way on screen is awesome. It feels so natural. And the powers? My god, they are incredible! It has never felt so good to be bad!

The game play is really good. I can almost forgive the makers for not making the lightsaber just cut people. Attacking them, and in combos, feels super great.

And then being allowed to change the color of your lightsaber (already changed it to green) and then having other crystals that enhance it? Sah-freakin'-weet!! You can also change your costume, but not yet early in the game. I can't wait to see what else I can change the character into.

Oh, and playing as Vader in the Prologue was very enjoyable. I want to play as him again.

This was definitely a great buy. Star Wars fans will get a joy out of this. I think even new people could get enjoy it, too.

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Discussion w/ Spoilers).

Damn, glad you like it Ice. I was really dissapointed while reading the reviews, especially the once for the wii are bad (as I suspected :S) but you actually make me wanna buy this game.

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Discussion w/ Spoilers).

I wouldn't look too much into the negative reviews. Like I said, from the review I saw, there was a lot of things mentioned that were bad, but they were not really true. There is no problems with the Wii version. It's very easy to get used to controlling the powers.

Also, I've noticed that cutscenes are different as well. The 360 has some differences, but it's still mostly the same. And the 360 scenes (in the beginning) happen during day and the Wii at night.

I got this yesterday in the mail but haven't had a chance to play it.

Seacow - check out the demo if you can. It's awesome.

I did get the iPhone game which of course is different, but it's really good as well.

Damn, glad you like it Ice. I was really dissapointed while reading the reviews, especially the once for the wii are bad (as I suspected :S) but you actually make me wanna buy this game.

I take videogame reviews with a grain of salt. They play so many games, they want the best of the best and they would get bored with certain things very fast. But than again some things can be pretty bad.

Sadly I can´t check out a demo (don´t think there is any for wii?) but yeah, I know some of the reviewers can be pretty friggin dumb when it comes to gaming (some of my all time favorite games of all times never got high scores)

I´m going to complete my Tomb Raider Anniversary and then go buy this game :D

I take videogame reviews with a grain of salt. They play so many games, they want the best of the best and they would get bored with certain things very fast. But than again some things can be pretty bad.

Same here if I want a game and it gets bad reviews I don't care I still go and go it.

This game has been incredible. I believe I'm getting close to the end. I have 133 Jedi Holocrons out of 200. Currently as I type I am on Raxus Prime.

There are lots of notable differences between system versions, but overall the same. Like Felucia for the Wii is covered in snow while on the 360 is not, for example. Cut scenes have differences, too, but overall the same thing. Dialogue does not change, of course.

Last edited:
I got my game today. I've not played it too much but so far it's been awesome. I'm up to the part where you first get force lightning and Heavy training costume. So far it's been great and I'm loving the relationship between Starkiller , Juno Eclipse and PROXY it's been pretty cool.

The story seems great as does the cut scenes and I love the gameplay. Only part of the game that really pissed me off was when you need to slide the tie-fighter wing in to the slot to jump up and get the Holocron. The dam thing wouldn't slide in :lol: but still great game.

I got it on Ps3 and i'm taking my time so I don't complete it in one day or two like I have other games as I want to enjoy it more. I pre-ordered it and got 2 codes for doing so but when I entered codes it said it would effect cutscenes and unlockables so I decided to leave it

I pre-ordered it and got 2 codes for doing so but when I entered codes it said it would effect cutscenes and unlockables so I decided to leave it
Yeah, that's why for cheat codes I always do it after I beat the game.

I also wanted to take my time, but since I will play the 360 version after I beat it on the Wii, it'll be just continuous fun!

Yeah, that's why for cheat codes I always do it after I beat the game.

Yeah I do too most times. These were for lightsaber colours and to give you lightsaber throw (which by the way I ****ing loved doing to wookiees as vader on Kashyyyk) The only other times I use codes straight away is like Marvel Ultimate Alliance to get black spidey costume as that's who I wanted to play as.

When I complete the game I'll use codes next time around to for example play as the emperor (Though I would rather play as maul like psp lets you.)

I'm also hoping even though it looks unlikely that they'll add the multiplay vs mode from Wii to ps3 as DLC

Finally got a chance to start this yesterday and so far, I love it.

I missed some of the cutscenes due to the loudness of certain children, whom shall be dealt with.

Once you get the hang of the Force grab/throw it becomes faster to use than the lightsaber.

Finally got a chance to start this yesterday and so far, I love it.

I missed some of the cutscenes due to the loudness of certain children, whom shall be dealt with.

Once you get the hang of the Force grab/throw it becomes faster to use than the lightsaber.

You could always give one of them to Houde. He seems like he could use a child.

You could always give one of them to Houde. He seems like he could use a child.

Yeah. We'd have to make sure that he realizes once they reach a certain age you can't just dress them up in cute clothes all the time. He likes to do that.

Very true. I use the force more than the lightsaber (but still use the lightsaber of course).

I'm finding that even the tougher guys can be killed by tossing them up in the air, which sure beats chopping them up with a lightsaber.

A friend of mine got this and already finished it. He said he played it in one 10-hour marathon.

Yeah. We'd have to make sure that he realizes once they reach a certain age you can't just dress them up in cute clothes all the time. He likes to do that..

Really? I was sure they would all be wearing lime green shirts and orange hats.

Second level I've done a lot of it. I just beat the giant robot that appears. But the second level may have the greatest feature in ANY star wars game, hell any game PERIOD. That feature is use force lightning on Jawas and watching them collapse the floor still shaking and screaming in pain. There is my £40's worth right there. :lol::lol:

Sadistic bastard :lol:

What platform did you get the game for mole?

I'm finding that even the tougher guys can be killed by tossing them up in the air, which sure beats chopping them up with a lightsaber.
Especially when they come in groups.

A friend of mine got this and already finished it. He said he played it in one 10-hour marathon.
I've taken my time, for the most part. I have about 7+ hours in.

Latest posts

Back