Stathamology

No. No you ****ing don't. If you didn't live in New Zealand I'd mail you my copy just to get it the **** out of my house.

:lol:

I feel like watching the only two good Ritchie movies tonight as well. Got to prepare for RocknRolla.

I wonder if Jason Statham will be in Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes movie alongside Robert Downey Jr.?

Statham is definitely a bad ***. It's weird that his was once an olympic diver or something

He finished 12th in World Diving Championships in 1992 and was a member of Britain's National Diving Squad for twelve years.

I just thought of something: Guy Ritchie's 007 with Jason Statham as James Bond and Vinnie Jones as Jaws.

I think Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones could both fit into the current Bond film series, but I wouldn't want them playing major parts. British arms dealers, mercenaries, thugs etc. Any bigger and it stops being a Bond movie and becomes a Statham or Jones movie.

Also, War/Rogue Assassin/whatever the hell that movie is called now would've been a lot better if it was Jason Statham and Clive Owen trying to kill each other with London as their battleground. 90 minutes of two badasses blowing **** up.

i thought he was doing ok. i really dug lock stock... snatch, crank and the transporters. but i just saw CHAOS....
Definitely one of the WORST MOVIES EVER. And the worst thing about it was, you could tell that it thought it was good. Ah, the vanity is fury-inspiring.

Yeah. Alex DeLarge is .... a lot more sophisticated than most of the gangsters in Guy Ritchie films.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I have both LS&TSB and Snatch, and I'll gladly watch both of them tonight. I'll also try to incorporate more British slang into my everyday vocabulary.

like what?
im interested to know because im trying to train the foreign students here to understand british-isms

like what?
im interested to know because im trying to train the foreign students here to understand british-isms

Like "Jolly-o, chaps!"

Or "bog off!" Or "sod off!" Or "bollocks!" Or "gobsmacked!" Or "knackered!" Or "**** stabber!" Or "take the piss out of," or "wanker," or "tosser," or "wahgwan," or "bloke," or "bloody hell!" or "arse."

Or Nadsat:

baboochka, droog, korova, golova (gulliver), malchick/malchickiwick, soomka, Bog, khorosho (horrorshow), prestoopnick, rooker, cal, litso, in-out in-out, and cutter.

Or, the Cockney expression "as queer as a clockwork orange."

He plays the same guy in every movie - badass, scruffy British guy with a deep voice and five o'clock shadow who has to kill somebody. In the majority of his movies, he is bald, but one exception is Guy Ritchie's crap Revolver.

There's some Stathamology for you.
He DOES play the same character over and over in most of his movies, but you say that like it's a bad thing.

He plays a VERY specific kind of scruffy bald bad-***. He plays the kind that couldn't be bothered, and just isn't interested in being bad ***. He's got that peculiar kind of curmudgeonly demeanor that says, "Look I haven't got time for this."

To differentiate, let me describe different bad asses, as defined by the height of their careers.

Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer = I'm bad-*** because I torture people and suppress my feelings and compromise my sanity by doing so... and I also cry in my SUV.

Pre-Blade Wesley Snipes = I'm bad-asser than you. Not the most bad-*** person there is, but no matter how bad-*** you might be, I'm just one notch more. I'm like Milton Berle in a dick measuring contest... I only show you the inches necessary to win.

Mel Gibson, Mad Max Era = I'm only bad *** because I have to be. I'd really rather be playing with my golden retriever and drinking iced tea in the middle of the summer, but aw ****, I have to get some gas for my car.

Jason Statham, The Crank Transporter Who Must Stop The One=Please not the suit. Or the car. Look, I'm having a bad day. I'm not bad ***. Leave me alone. He's only bad *** because crazy Asian women won't leave him alone, girlfriends won't listen to him, and people won't grant him simple requests.

Hell Ride looks great.

You mean Death Race? Hell Ride is a "Tarantino presents" blood and sex-soaked tale of motorcycle revenge and retribution starring Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, and Vinnie Jones, among others (which doesn't include Statham as far as I know).

You mean Death Race? Hell Ride is a "Tarantino presents" blood and sex-soaked tale of motorcycle revenge and retribution starring Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, and Vinnie Jones, among others (which doesn't include Statham as far as I know).

Yes.

I meant Death Race.

They both sound awesome.

I would see Death Race just to see the guy from Deadwood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back