Steve McNiven to be Singer's Ultimate X-Men artist

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As revealed in this month's issue of Wizard, Steve McNiven (Marvel Knights: 4, Ultimate Secret, New Avengers) will be the artist on Bryan Singer's year-long run on Ultimate X-Men (with co-writer Brian K. Vaughan). The new creative team will be set to start on the series this December, after Brian K. Vaughan's solo run ends.

Great news. That tells me that Marvel really plans to give this book a push as far as marketing. McNiven is one of my favorite artists too.

Although I am disappointed he won't be working more on New Avengers.

Wow, this is great... There's SOMETHING to look forward to in the next year in UXM. :lol: Kidding, of course, I think since Vaughan's going to be there in the beginning, Singer will be fine. McNiven coming on will be as thrilling as having Kubert on here. Here, the seriousness of the title will be restored.

UltimateE said:
Great news. That tells me that Marvel really plans to give this book a push as far as marketing. McNiven is one of my favorite artists too.
Nail on the head.

YES!

Now I'm going to go kick the people who thought it was Turner. :D

Good news. I'm planning to read Singer's run, though I haven't read UXM in forever. Do you think I'll have to catch up on 60-something issues, or would this be a good jumping on point?

ProjectX2 said:
YES!

Now I'm going to go kick the people who thought it was Turner. :D
I know that ain't me. I said I hope its Steve or Turner. I would've loved it just as much if it was Turner. :)

moonmaster said:
Good news. I'm planning to read Singer's run, though I haven't read UXM in forever. Do you think I'll have to catch up on 60-something issues, or would this be a good jumping on point?

Actually, I don't know what everyone else thinks, BUT #61 seems like a good jumping on point to me. If you're looking forward to Singer's run, and, this issue being the first of the arc that is supposed to lead into what his 12-issue stint will be driven by, I think it's a good idea you hop on now! I'll help you catch up on the rest of the junk that's before that, but that's a great start for you!

icemastertron said:
I know that ain't me. I said I hope its Steve or Turner. I would've loved it just as much if it was Turner. :)

*kicks Ice*

Whoops. :D

I bet by WWTT (Wizard World Tour Texas, for those who dont know), we'll most likely see something from McNiven for UXM.

That would be the shizzle dizzle. Has McNiven ever drawn any of the X-Men before?

The Hard Lesson artist I wasn't too fond of. Sure, it fit the issue great and I did really enjoy that, but it was just too bland for me. McNiven's art comes out at you and actually "consumes" you. The Kuberts have a similar effect.

McNiven didn't draw "The Hard Lesson". Steve Dillon did.

Loved MyNiven on MK Four, found him rather bland on Ultimate Secret.

I really don't see why Steve McNiven is such a big superstar artist at Marvel at the moment, what with all the high profile gigs he's been getting.

There's no denying his art is distinctive and meticulate, though. I'm no big fan of Knights 4, but he draws a good Reed for the series with the stretching looking as unreal as it should.

Latest posts

Back