Avengers Steve Rogers: Captain America (Discussion/Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Marvel Announces Steve Rogers To Return As Captain America

portrait-uncanny-beeef.jpg

Current Cap Sam Wilson will remain in the role, meaning Marvel will have two Captain Americas.

"When Steve handed the shield to Sam, it didn't come with any caveats. It's his. Steve respects and admires what his old partner is doing, and wants him to carry on," Spencer told Marvel.com. "There are enough problems out there, and enough bad guys, to keep both of them busy. They'll have very different missions; Sam will continue fighting the battles no one else will go near, while Steve is faced with a resurgent threat from his past: Hydra is back, and stronger than ever."

Marvel Announces Steve Rogers To Return As Captain America

portrait-uncanny-beeef.jpg

Current Cap Sam Wilson will remain in the role, meaning Marvel will have two Captain Americas.

"When Steve handed the shield to Sam, it didn't come with any caveats. It's his. Steve respects and admires what his old partner is doing, and wants him to carry on," Spencer told Marvel.com. "There are enough problems out there, and enough bad guys, to keep both of them busy. They'll have very different missions; Sam will continue fighting the battles no one else will go near, while Steve is faced with a resurgent threat from his past: Hydra is back, and stronger than ever."

Absolutely NO ONE saw this coming...

That shield is really stupid.

The current theory is Red Skull using his psychic powers to manipulate Steve. Even if it's a fake out it's still incredibly dumb.

Or he's a double agent, or it's not really him, etc. etc. We should know better than to get all worked into a lather about this.

The writing itself, saying nothing of the plot and this twist, was subpar.

And since when is Sharon an old woman?

0/10. Garbage.

Or he's a double agent, or it's not really him, etc. etc. We should know better than to get all worked into a lather about this.

Should we know better than to get worked up, or should you know better than to try and reason with us?

I ended up reading this in the store, don't usually do that, but I was too curious and the owner said he didn't care. The twist obviously shows that something is amiss, but it was still very clunky in the handling. What's more is, and I know this is Red Skull's thing to prey on people's insecurities, but the strawmanning of the refugees debate was in incredibly poor taste and boiled it down to "if you think this you're a Nazi, I'm not going to explain why you're wrong, you just are". Personally I don't have an opinion on the actual matter, I know both sides and understand why they think it, but I would never call any of them Nazis. Yes, it was in character with Red Skull, but it was in incredibly poor taste by Spencer who is a die hard Clinton supporter. I'm very much reminded why I don't usually buy Marvel with this issue and I'm ever more concerned with where the comic industry is headed.

Last edited:

0/10. Garbage.

Battlestar Johngaltica.

Nick Spencer has said this is the actual Steve Rogers. Not an imposter, not mind controlled, actually Steve.

Disagree there. Well, about the writing. I thought it was just fine. The twist, that could've been handled better. It's just obvious (to me at least) this isn't what it seems like, even though people are jumping the gun thinking this is the "end all, be all" kind of moment.

When Rick Remender was writing Captain America, there was a point where Sharon was stuck in Dimension Z for like 10 years or more (don't remember if an exact amount was said). They thought her dead because of a bomb, but she came back, actually surviving it.

0/10. Garbage.
3/5. Not bad.

If you're doing actual math, sure. But when it comes to rating, 3/5 is not a D, otherwise most movies, music albums, etc., are a failure when critics rate them that.

I consider 3/5 a failure, but I'm also incredibly snobby and consider 8/10 as just okay lol

Latest posts

Back