Studio 60**SPOILERS**

Cancelled.

I'm disappointed...but not crying about it like with Arrested Development.

Source?

EDIT: Nevermind

http://www.tv.com/story/6954.html?om_act=convert&clk=gumballs&tag=gumballs;title;0

Aaron Sorkin drama is on the chopping block.

Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip
The curtain is closing on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

The expensive NBC drama about a fictional late-night comedy show, from West Wing creator Aaron Sorkin, was the most buzzed-about new show of the fall season, but it hasn't lived up to the hype. The show's premiere was mediocre, earning 13.4 million viewers and coming in second in its time slot against CSI: Miami, and the series has since dipped to third in its time period, with 7.7 million viewers.

Studio 60's low numbers are made worse by the fact that its lead-in is new hit Heroes, the highest-rated new show of the fall season. Heroes earned 14.3 million viewers last week.

The peacock ordered three more scripts for Studio 60, but that doesn't mean they will make it to air. Fox News' Roger Friedman says cast members are already telling friends the show is ending.

NBC has had a tough time this season, with several high-profile expensive shows failing to draw big ratings. Production on the action drama Kidnapped was wrapped and the show was moved from Wednesdays to Saturdays to run out its course, and football drama Friday Night Lights has languished in its Tuesday night spot despite receiving the best reviews of any show this season.

Studio 60's fate is ironic because one of the main storylines is the fight of network head Jordan McDeere (Amanda Peet) to have high-quality programming on the fictional NBS network. In the last episode, McDeere was taking the heat for passing on a lowbrow reality show, while at the same time, in the real world, NBC president Kevin Reilly said that his network planned on devoting the 8 p.m. prime-time hour to cheaper fare such as reality and game shows and less to sitcoms and dramas.

Last edited:
I never got to see the show, and I wanted to check it out.

But with so many shows NBC keeps making and cancelling, isn't that costing them more money?

I just watched the pilot and I'm very impressed. Matthew Perry is fantastic. There's still that touch a Chandler in him, but that's who he is and it really make the character work. I think the show will be a hit for sure.

Anyone else catch it?

I just thound out about this show (loved Chandler) in friends. ignored the topic because i did not know what it was. then i click it find out he's in and think "i got to watch this"

then I read what Planet-man said and what Dr.Strangefate quoted. and i thought damn. A few shows are coming out in usa i like sound of or want too see and before they hit uk the get Cancelled after a few episodes or never made e.g buffy the vampire slayer : the animated series , Blade tv show , this

Good GOD. It's so frustrating. This is one of two new shows I really liked this season so of course it's being cancelled. Arrested Development is a good comparison. Critically acclaimed. Award winning. Funny as hell. And it can barely survive. John Q Public really can't handle any humor that's more highbrow than Home Improvement or Who's The Boss, can it?

I've got no problem if they move the show... once. Shifting shows around is often the kiss of death as viewers can't figure out the new time slot. I have the wits to program my DVR though, so I WILL find it. :)

Yes can't wait for it come to the uk

Now they just need to put it in a decent time slot and LEAVE it there. I don't think the audience for Heroes is the same as for Studio 60, so they should split them up. Considering all of the power Heroes currently has, maybe they should move Heroes into a competitive time slot and start hitting the opposition's ratings.

Oh, and it was another fun episode this week. The succinct explanation of why Christians and non-Christians don't get along was priceless.

Latest posts

Back