Sub Mariner Movie

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Universal Studios have recently announced Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3) to write and direct this movie

Joblo said:
Mostow's version will focus on a younger Namor, a reluctant prince of Atlantis coming to grips with his power and becoming a key figure in a battle between humans and underwater dwellers.

Out of all the marvel characters does anyone really want them to make this?

Yes.

An young, arrogant, angry sub mariner attacking the surface world is exactly what I want to see. Hopefully they play up the fact that he thinks hes right, to make his perspective more sympathetic.

I eagerly anticipate this. Way better than the Aquaman rumors (started by Entourage..right?)

I'm crossposting because I thought it'd be relevant to the thread:
ourchair said:
Also, a Namor film would be awesome, but not in the way you'd think. Ask me how!
Ice said:
Really? How! :D
Imagine something in the vein of every Dean Devlin/Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow) with the requisite ostentatiousness of a Jerry Bruckheimer (The Island, The Rock) production.

Present day, present time in the United States, and all signs point to disaster to come: Floods, typhoons and other catastrophic meteorological phenomena. There is panic on the airwaves as every self-styled doomsday prophet and ecological wingnut uses the media to declare these times are portents of humanity's just reward for not taking care of the planet.

The United Nations, the Pentagon and every other global watchdog institution you can think of is trying to make sense of it all, to come up with solutions and strategies to forestall the apparent doom that hounds human civilization. Imagine shots of defense consultants before their tactical displays, scientific pundits aiming to get their theories heard.

And just when things seem like they cannot get any more dire, creatures of myth and legend arise from the oceans: Sea serpents, and mermen warriors and amphibious machinery march into the great capitals of the world.

One man leads them all: an ocean warlord by the name of Namor, who declares that the irresponsible era of mankind is over and that the people of Atlantis have come back to take back the right to determine the existence of Planet Earth.

Namor the movie is the ultimate disaster flick, but it shall not be told from the eyes of the common people, or from the view of stern commanders, or the thoughts of the prophets and scientists who knew that Doom Was To Come.

It would be told from the eyes of the villain. It would be told from the eyes of the conqueror.

I'm crossposting because I thought it'd be relevant to the thread:

Imagine something in the vein of every Dean Devlin/Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow) with the requisite ostentatiousness of a Jerry Bruckheimer (The Island, The Rock) production.

Present day, present time in the United States, and all signs point to disaster to come: Floods, typhoons and other catastrophic meteorological phenomena. There is panic on the airwaves as every self-styled doomsday prophet and ecological wingnut uses the media to declare these times are portents of humanity's just reward for not taking care of the planet.

The United Nations, the Pentagon and every other global watchdog institution you can think of is trying to make sense of it all, to come up with solutions and strategies to forestall the apparent doom that hounds human civilization. Imagine shots of defense consultants before their tactical displays, scientific pundits aiming to get their theories heard.

And just when things seem like they cannot get any more dire, creatures of myth and legend arise from the oceans: Sea serpents, and mermen warriors and amphibious machinery march into the great capitals of the world.

One man leads them all: an ocean warlord by the name of Namor, who declares that the irresponsible era of mankind is over and that the people of Atlantis have come back to take back the right to determine the existence of Planet Earth.

Namor the movie is the ultimate disaster flick, but it shall not be told from the eyes of the common people, or from the view of stern commanders, or the thoughts of the prophets and scientists who knew that Doom Was To Come.

It would be told from the eyes of the villain. It would be told from the eyes of the conqueror.

That treatment just gave me a semi.

Why can't you write movies, Ourchair? You should've written the script for Transformers, I don't care what anybody says.

yeah when i first read ourchairs idea i thought oh my god this is it! they have to use this its perfect! but didnt think to post it. i have to give you your props on this though

What is the difference between Sub Mariner and Aqua man? (besides one is dc one is marvel)

They sound similar to me (only use to Aqua Man from JL with the cool beard and hook)

What is the difference between Sub Mariner and Aqua man? (besides one is dc one is marvel)

They sound similar to me (only use to Aqua Man from JL with the cool beard and hook)

The Sub Mariner has little wings on his ankles that allows him to fly...........

Your lying right?

Submariner.gif

Oh. i thought that you were mocking me as I assumed everything about Sub Mariner and Aqua man were just Water theme

Its too smart for the general public

Oh yeah.

The only difference is Sub-Mariner is a bad-*** and Aqua-man sucks.

THE END.

Your lying right?

Despite the ankle-wings, he's a bad-***. Which is even more of a testament to his bad-assedness.

The really funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he's only partially serious about that summary.
I'm dead serious.

It's really just taking a kind of blockbuster that's already so resolutely self-serious --- movies like War of the Worlds, Armageddon and The Island or Day After Tomorrow --- the "holy ****, we're doomed" sub-genre of cinema and spinning it backwards.

We've already seen humanity get existentially angsty in the face of doom. We've seen it in Japanese apocalypse films and 'bottle' episodes of sci-fi TV. Might as well put a fresh spin on it by looking at the perspective of the 'villain'. And it's not even a real villain, it's just that most of these kinds of films have humanity asking "WHY?!?!?!?!" and we might as well see the 'villain' try to answer that question.

While I am truly flattered y'all think it's brilliant, I'd hardly think it's too intelligent for the mainstream public. In fact, I think it's total money.

SSJMole said:
Aquaman is nice and kind and tries to get along with everybody. Sub-Mariner is the original pissed off hero. And with good reason. Stupid humans.

The difficulty that water-based heroes have always had is that they are difficult to relate to. I mean they swim real good. Swimming is kind of difficult to get excited about.

I mean if we're talking about 'human variants' then there're lots more to be excited than a bunch of mermen. Seraphs? They fly! Vampires? Immortality... and an excuse to brood! Werewolves? Getting in touch with your animal side... and an excuse for hedonism! Mer-men? Swimming... uh, i can do that.

The difficulty that water-based heroes have always had is that they are difficult to relate to. I mean they swim real good. Swimming is kind of difficult to get excited about.

I mean if we're talking about 'human variants' then there're lots more to be excited than a bunch of mermen. Seraphs? They fly! Vampires? Immortality... and an excuse to brood! Werewolves? Getting in touch with your animal side... and an excuse for hedonism! Mer-men? Swimming... uh, i can do that.

When I read that imagined the old mask cartoon when he was against Fish-guy and Putty-thing . He looked at fish-guy (all the powers of a fish) and shouted "LOOK OUT EVERYONE HE'S GOING TO SWIM!"

i miss Fish-guy and Putty-thing :lol:

Latest posts

Back