Sublime

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
icemastertron said:
Well, actually, that wasn't the real John Sublime, Cad.

But I think once we start reading the series, we'll see why the team is showing up. I wouldn't say they're coming out of nowhere. There's a reason. We just gotta wait to see what it is.

I´ll argue about Sublime elsewhere. That was something i hated about "Here Comes Tomorrow" the whole wow look a sentient bacteria thing wiht lots of bodies or maybe it can heal its bodies or it can possess people or all of the above and more. It was too confusing.

Caduceus said:
I´ll argue about Sublime elsewhere. That was something i hated about "Here Comes Tomorrow" the whole wow look a sentient bacteria thing wiht lots of bodies or maybe it can heal its bodies or it can possess people or all of the above and more. It was too confusing.

Sublime was the name of the "bacteria". In New X-Men #154 Sublime (as Beast) actually explains it pretty well. It is of one mind, one consciousness. It could possess bodies, although I can't think of any instances where it healed anyone.

Cool, I got a new thread.

Alright, Basically, Sublime is a sentient Bacterium that has been around for a long time. It uses host bodies as demonstrated by Beast in "Here Comes Tomorrow" and the man known as Sublime who commands the U-Men. Sublime killed himself under the control of Martha Johanssen when Emma Frost was holding him out a window in the Uncanny Annual when he first appeared i believe. Excluding "Here Comes Tomorrow", Sublime has only appeared in one series since then and that was Tieri´s Weapon X. Now in Weapon X, Sublime appeared as the manager\Director\Evil Mastermind behind the Weapon Plus program, the Weapon X´s Parent program. He founded the program and has remained in command ever since, not ageing in the hundred odd years it has been around. Since Sublime´s previously known host body was killed when he jumped out the window, it must be assumed that he got a new body which he made look like the old. This is demonstrated by the fact that in the first part of Defection, scenes from "Planet X" were seen on Weapon X´s monitors. Basically, Sublime´s appearance had to have happened after Planet X. Meaning he´s back.

So in summary, its all Sublime

(P.S. you can tell I´ve got too much time on my hands tonight cant you)

You see, the REAL Sublime was killed off by Iceman in the ICEMAN: ICONS mini.

Well, that's what I read in a bio of Iceman, somewhere online.

It's important to differentiate between Sublime and John Sublime, because they are totally different. I didn't read anything else with Sublime in it, so I'm a little confused.

This all came from my rant about them cancelling Weapon X which came from finding out about Chamber in Excelsiors. So its your fault in the end.

Anyway, i didn´t realise that there was a Sublime and a John Sublime. If you are talking about the "Here Comes Tomorrow" bacterium, that was the one possessing John Sublime. Who also headed the U-men and the Weapon Plus project. Is there another or are we all jsut confused?

Caduceus said:
Anyway, i didn´t realise that there was a Sublime and a John Sublime. If you are talking about the "Here Comes Tomorrow" bacterium, that was the one possessing John Sublime. Who also headed the U-men and the Weapon Plus project. Is there another or are we all jsut confused?

Sublime is the name of the bactirium. It did "infect" John Sublime at one point in NXM. He died. I was never clear on if he named himself "John Sublime" after the bactirium or not, but the bactirium does refer to itself as Sublime.

The only other Sublime I'm aware of is the ska band from Long Beach. :D

Good band! Now, if you could explain "ska" to me, that would explain a lot...

This character was around during whose run on the book?

UltimateE said:
Sublime is the name of the bactirium. It did "infect" John Sublime at one point in NXM. He died. I was never clear on if he named himself "John Sublime" after the bactirium or not, but the bactirium does refer to itself as Sublime.

The only other Sublime I'm aware of is the ska band from Long Beach. :D

I know John Sublime died but there was a person calling themselves John Sublime who hadn¨t aged since the founding of Weapon Plus running things over there. This happened after planet X so long after Sublime died......I dunno how to explain this

Latest posts

Back