Sue is way overpowered

Rawb said:
Sue is way overpowered...

your mother is way overpowered

actually...i don't think sue is. i like having her at a level where she can pull her own weight instead of being 'the weak one' or 'the hot one'. (well, she is still the 'hot' one). but i digress. i think it would be interesting to see the strain that the powers have on her body. if i remember correctly, she got nosebleeds or something from the very first arc. i don't have the issues in front of me, so might be confusing some stuff, but whatever. it would be cool if she had this high level of power, but it took a higher tole (sp?) on her body.

selfproclaimed said:
actually...i don't think sue is. i like having her at a level where she can pull her own weight instead of being 'the weak one' or 'the hot one'. (well, she is still the 'hot' one). but i digress. i think it would be interesting to see the strain that the powers have on her body. if i remember correctly, she got nosebleeds or something from the very first arc. i don't have the issues in front of me, so might be confusing some stuff, but whatever. it would be cool if she had this high level of power, but it took a higher tole (sp?) on her body.

I don't think so either...I think what we're seeing is a thoughful and logical use of her power through better writing - better than some of the older FF writers. It's not anything above and beyond her established powers.

And the nosebleed was in the Doom arc when she squished the robot bugs.

"I like a woman who can take charge."
hahah I concur.

I do agree that it was logical and very well written, and I also agree that I thought it was cool. But seriously, now whenever they fight people, all she'll have to do is pop their brains, make them blind, or something along those lines.

I think it's cool but they're going to have to make every new villain somehow able to get around it or else it'll a) get boring or b) people will complain "Why didn't she just pop their brains? Why didn't she make them blind?"

She did need an upgrade but that, to me, is a bit too much.

Rawb said:
I do agree that it was logical and very well written, and I also agree that I thought it was cool. But seriously, now whenever they fight people, all she'll have to do is pop their brains, make them blind, or something along those lines.
I think it's cool but they're going to have to make every new villain somehow able to get around it or else it'll a) get boring or b) people will complain "Why didn't she just pop their brains? Why didn't she make them blind?"
She did need an upgrade but that, to me, is a bit too much.
Sue is overpowered. There really shouldn't be too many individuals who can knock out the Hulk.

I do however likee that she's capable of holding her own with the others, intellectually and powers-wise. But this is a little extreme.

Caduceus said:
Sue is overpowered. There really shouldn't be too many individuals who can knock out the Hulk.

If you look at it in terms of physical strength, you're right. But as Wasp showed in Ultimates, it doesn't require strength to take down the Hulk.

Yes but in the case of the wasp that isn't going to work with most things. Hulk wasn't exactly a clear thinker... so her flying up and buzzing around inside (and the fact his fingers wouldn't fit in his ears doesn't help) probably wasn't too bad of an ordeal. (Although shrinking can be over powered. How hard is it to fly up someones nose then return to normal size? That's what I'd do if i was a supervillain with that power, anyways)

Sue can just pop almost ANYONES brain. Magneto in the distance? Bam, chunk of his brain is gone. I like Sue, a lot, I think she's a great character and I love what she's done so far but there's practically no defense to her attacks if they write it realistically each time. With the hulk he has a few weaknesses. He's slow, dumb, easily antagonized and has no actual fighting skills. Sue is almost as smart as Reed Richards, has a force field, and can probably separate limbs off a body if she wants.

Also, didn't it take Sue YEARS to even discover her force field powers? Within two months she's perfected it to be able to create microscopic fields inside of brains. She must train 24/7.

Doc Comic said:
Also, didn't it take Sue YEARS to even discover her force field powers? Within two months she's perfected it to be able to create microscopic fields inside of brains. She must train 24/7.
Or maybe cuz she's a scientist, and can figure things out more quicker?

I don't even mind the forcefields (although I think all of their powers should grow as the series progresses) but the instant death kills is kind of bad. It might not even be as bad if she had to be withint afoot or two of them but she blinded 30+ super heroes on a city road. That should take intense concentration but she made it seem like it's nothing.

icemastertron said:
Or maybe cuz she's a scientist, and can figure things out more quicker?
Being a scientist means nothing. You have to be able to control your powers and in order to do something physically like that it's gonna take practice. Just because you know how the physics of pitching a curveball works doesn't mean you can just do it..... Unless you're Jimmy Neutron.

Rawb said:
I don't even mind the forcefields (although I think all of their powers should grow as the series progresses) but the instant death kills is kind of bad. It might not even be as bad if she had to be withint afoot or two of them but she blinded 30+ super heroes on a city road. That should take intense concentration but she made it seem like it's nothing.

I see where Rawb is coming from, and agree somewhat. Now in future arcs, unless a good explanation is offered, it won't make sense for the FF to be put into any danger as Sue could just take out any adversaries with a mere thought. I mean she may as well be Phoenix at this point. I think the powers are justified, I'd have just liked to see it be more of a gradual discovery and a slower process of her mastering her powers (and the others for that matter).

DIrishB said:
I see where Rawb is coming from, and agree somewhat. Now in future arcs, unless a good explanation is offered, it won't make sense for the FF to be put into any danger as Sue could just take out any adversaries with a mere thought. I mean she may as well be Phoenix at this point. I think the powers are justified, I'd have just liked to see it be more of a gradual discovery and a slower process of her mastering her powers (and the others for that matter).

Sue's not going to be popping peoples' heads in. She only went after zombie Reed because he was, well, a zombie. Even then she seemed to have a hard time with the thought of doing it. I don't think she's going to go around lobotomizing the UFF's enemies.

J. Roberts said:
Sue's not going to be popping peoples' heads in. She only went after zombie Reed because he was, well, a zombie. Even then she seemed to have a hard time with the thought of doing it. I don't think she's going to go around lobotomizing the UFF's enemies.

If they're put in mortal danger by those enemies, why not? Then it just means its poor writing.

DIrishB said:
If they're put in mortal danger by those enemies, why not? Then it just means its poor writing.
Exactly. And if they're not in mortal danger than what kind of villains are they up against? I mean is Doom gonna be less dangerous just for the sake that Sue shows him some compassion? Hell no. I want Doom to threaten their lives like a good arch villains should.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly. And if they're not in mortal danger than what kind of villains are they up against? I mean is Doom gonna be less dangerous just for the sake that Sue shows him some compassion? Hell no. I want Doom to threaten their lives like a good arch villains should.

Thats what I'm hollering about.

Latest posts

Back