Summer of the Cicadas

Planet-man; lately, you've been bashing Edison a lot. Now, I know next to nothing about the man (Besides his electricity shenanigans). Care to explain why you hate him so much?

Well, he did do a lot of copyright shenanigans and ran a disinformation campaign against Tesla. He was a bastard.

I was born in 1985, you know what happened in 1985? Back to the Future came out in theaters.
And McCheese was born. And the Bears won the superbowl. And they haven't won since. Which is hilarious.

**** the Bears.
WOOT!

And thee great one was born.

And TMNT came out.
'85 REPRESENT!!!!
I don't think I've ever seen a cicada.
They're bugs that make loud noises. You aren't missing much.

Planet-man; lately, you've been bashing Edison a lot. Now, I know next to nothing about the man (Besides his electricity shenanigans). Care to explain why you hate him so much?

I think it was just the one other time, actually. I generally hate Edison because he was an evil, selfish bastard, but I specifically hate him because of his behaviour during his rivalry with Nikola Tesla. Tesla developed and marketed Alternating Current(AC). Edison developed and marketed Direct Current(DC). AC ended up being far more efficient and useful, so the great Edison, so often seen as a visionary and advancer of the human race, attempted to turn the tide by "proving" that AC was actually incredibly dangerous and risky to use(it's not, at least not more so than his DC), rather than have his enterprises threatened.

And he did this by publically electrocuting animals. All over the country. And making movies of it. Again, for the sole purpose of trying to trick the US into investing in his inferior current rather than look bad and lose money.

He's also extremely over-credited for his inventions. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Alva_Edison#Criticism

He was a dick about trying to control the motion picture industry.

I remember that was suppose to happen two years ago, I didnt even see one

They arrive every year, but for some reason, the big one comes every 17 years, I don't know why, but they could range from 17 to 34 I think.

It was covered in college, the same section as circadian rhythms

Notice the name similarity?

He's got sand in his vagina.

Seriously Planet-Man, it's called survival of the fittest. Edison, looking out for himself, marketed his electricity while Telsa, a chrondiac, stayed well away from it because he was scared.

Survival of the fittest.

Seriously Planet-Man, it's called survival of the fittest. Edison, looking out for himself, marketed his electricity while Telsa, a chrondiac, stayed well away from it because he was scared.

Survival of the fittest.
Edison was far from a 'survival of the fittest' type. Between the legendary 'monopolists', I'd say Microsoft was/is far more even footed about competition and 'survival of the fittest'.

I'm not defending the guy's actions, I'm merely saying he pimped himself while calling the oppositions stupid

It's basic tatics of survival right there

Latest posts

Back