Superbad

This morning on the Today Show they were comparing Superbad with High School Musical 2.

I have absolutely no idea why.

That is a really stupid thing to compare. Those kids dance because they're sexually frustrated but have no choice but to keep it G-rated because they're on Disney. Disney never tells you about their secret Coke parties. That's the real reason they're so hyper. Hyper enough to dance. Dance like a idiot. A stupid idiot. I hate disney, except for how the emporer got his groove back. best.movie.ever (by disney) and toy story. and part 2. and monster inc. that was good one. other than that, they're stupid.

Superbad doesn't hold up as well to a second viewing. I had to knock it a few lines down my list.

I finally saw this....

One of the funniest movies I've seen all year. There are so many parts to the film that I could go into---but it'd be moot since the whole thing is just one giant continuous laugh.

Some girl just perioded on my pants. :lol:

I finally saw this....

One of the funniest movies I've seen all year. There are so many parts to the film that I could go into---but it'd be moot since the whole thing is just one giant continuous laugh.

No it's not, it's Merlot I swear.

That is a really stupid thing to compare. Those kids dance because they're sexually frustrated but have no choice but to keep it G-rated because they're on Disney. Disney never tells you about their secret Coke parties. That's the real reason they're so hyper. Hyper enough to dance. Dance like a idiot. A stupid idiot. I hate disney, except for how the emporer got his groove back. best.movie.ever (by disney) and toy story. and part 2. and monster inc. that was good one. other than that, they're stupid.
I think they were going by the very mistaken assumption that High School Musical and Superbad have the same audience.

My 11 year old cousin loves High School Musical. In fact, the one thing that annoys me about it is that it makes little kids think that High School is actually going to be "fun". This is a lie.

Superbad portrays a far less appropriate but much more accurate portrayal of what high school is like.

Besides, I read that something like 40% of the audience for Superbad was over the age of 30, which is highly unusual for a teen comedy.
I finally saw this....

I thought that Evan was going to ask Seth if he got shot in the leg when he saw the blood, after they'd been running from the cops and he heard the gunshot.

I think they missed a good opportunity for a joke.

Absolutely hilarious! I want to own this movie when it comes out on DVD. I could see this being the teen film of this decade.

FINALLY saw it tonight(3rd week out and the theatre was still packed... just the way I like it:D).

Aside from the fact that it was extremely funny and clever, it's also just as touching and accurate as to what the last days of high school and the subsequent parties are like. It was even better because I was seeing it with my two best friends who also happen to be going to another city for University this year.

Also: I've now been spontaeneously told by several different people, including one of my best friends, that I look a lot like Michael Cera, or in the words of my sister, "an exact combination of Michael Cera and Shia LaBoeuf".

In other words, I'm charged with the power of the two breakout stars of the summer combined. Hooray!

Last edited:
FINALLY saw it tonight(3rd week out and the theatre was still packed... just the way I like it:D).

Aside from the fact that it was extremely funny and clever, it's also just as touching and accurate as to what the last days of high school and the subsequent parties are like.

Also: I've now been spontaeneously told by several different people, including one of my best friends, that I look a lot like Michael Cera, or in the words of my sister, "an exact combination of Michael Cera and Shia LaBoeuf".

In other words, I'm charged with the power of the two breakout stars of the summer combined. Hooray!
so you look like a boy who talks to cars and whos in love with his cousin?

Aside from the fact that it was extremely funny and clever, it's also just as touching and accurate as to what the last days of high school and the subsequent parties are like. It was even better because I was seeing it with my two best friends who also happen to be going to another city for University this year.

Hott.

so you look like a boy who talks to cars and whos in love with his cousin?
I would think he'd be a boy who's in love with his cousin's car.
Ehhhh, that's a 1/4 chance. 3 out of 4 times, I get Megan Fox, the chick from Disturbia, or the chick from Superbad. I like those odds.8)
I'd still go with Maeby.

*shameless*

I just read that, by law, Christopher Mintz-Plasse's mother had to be on-set the day the were filming his sex scene, because he was only 17 at the time of filming.

:dead:
I bet she was giving him tips during the scene.

"Don't be afraid to feel around Christopher, it's called foreplay. She won't mind."

I just saw the first commercial for the DVD. The 2-Disc extended/unrated cut comes out December 4th.

I really hope I like it better this time. If not, I might have to knock the + off that B. (I was being generous on account of it being Apatow and all.)

Latest posts

Back