Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade

Bass

Nexus of the World
I heard about this over on 4thletter, and wanted to check it out.

Glad I did.

It is sweet, funny, cute, and all manner of wonderful things. It also has a healthy lump of Invader Zim like comedy in it, with Supergirl accidentally breaking her desk and exclaiming she touched it "like any normal human" would. I love that stuff.

It's only 6 issues but it's so SUPERsweet that I'm already sad.

Re: Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures int he 8th Grade

Glad I did.

It is sweet, funny, cute, and all manner of wonderful things. It also has a healthy lump of Invader Zim like comedy in it, with Supergirl accidentally breaking her desk and exclaiming she touched it "like any normal human" would. I love that stuff.

This looks great, here are some pages for those who don't blindly follow Bass' suggestions.

"Invulnerability failing...bombardment hurting!" :lol:

:lol::lol: Sold!I'll get this soon. Her story of "Pass the salt" was funny as hell as were her questions in school

Re: Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures int he 8th Grade

The pass the salt thing is so funny.

Glad I did.

I have been looking forward to it, I have not read it yet.

You should really try Tiny Titans and Billy Batson & The Magic Of Shazam.

I really love Tiny Titans.

I need to read this. The art is cute and the writing is witty. Plus, Supergirl = Invader Zim. It makes sense.

...You know, I kind of like the idea of Luthor having a little sister.

"[email protected]" :lol:

I just read the second issue, I loved that email adress. I also liked how she was replying about her school day and making a new best friend and the title of e-mail was "Re: Revenge!!!" :lol::lol: That was brilliant. I also liked the idea of her villain = herself as a cheerleader.

I look forward to part 3

My girls (5 and 6) are in love with this comic - there's the occasional word like 'stupid' that requires an omission or a discussion - but overall its quite good!

sgcos_cv6.jpg

YES.

(Yes, I do know who Comet is in the Silver Age. Shut up.)

I finally managed to round up all six issues.

The last issue kinda fell apart as the 'big bad' was revealed. It's annoying as the series didn't - in any way - require a 'big bad' or a cohesive overarching plot climax. This is because it didn't HAVE a cohesive overarching plot to climax. It just feels odd. Shame.

Other than that, this series is ****ing fantastic. All the lovely fun that is inherent in making Supergirl a failure at pretending to be human, and giving her a popular, *****y school rival who happens to be her Bizarro-clone, and her best friend is Lena Luthor. This is all just wonderful, wonderful fun and I wish we'd get more!

Latest posts

Back