Supergirl Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Issue 4 wasn't bad, I liked how she handed the JLA there asses. Evil Supergirl is awesome. Some parts are weak. But I still like it.

C+

Last edited:
Ya, I didn't like that cover. I like this one better.

Supergirl.jpg

Last edited:
I still can't get over the way Churchill draws her. I mean, look at her ARMS. This chick is able to defeat the entire Justice League singlehandedly and it looks like a gust of wind can shatter her.

This book has made a major step up with issue 6. With Rucka riding and Benes on art. The book is stunning to look at. Plus I'm interested in what Powergirl and Supergirl are doing on Kandor. This feels like a sequel to Godfall which is fine by me.

B+

plus this needs to be in the DC section.

Last edited:
Holy Jack Bauer I love this comic. I seriously don't care what anyone says---this is my favorite DC title. I'm so cereal.

I love the art...the writing...everything.

So I've dug the series so far and even the "prequel" in Superman/Batman....but this new arc has me kinda confused. I'm not too keen on it yet---but that's all based on confusion. I'm sure it'll get explained soon and I'll yet again joyfully clutch Supergirl close to my hairy chest.

I loved her arc in SM/BM.

The first arc started good but got too cheesy. I did love the art expect for the arms.

This is actually going to look great.

I don't want it is about Supergirl but she is like my favorite comic chick. Which is weird considering I'm more of a black haired goth kind of guy. Like Huntress. I love Huntress.

Last edited:
Rucka is leaving Supergirl at #7. There was an article a while ago.

ProjectX2 said:
Rucka is leaving Supergirl at #7. There was an article a while ago.

I read that too. I thought it was weird to leave in the middle of an arc but hey....stranger things have happened.

Issue 8 was great.

They switched artists again but the style was still the same. So Saturn Girl and Ultraman are the ones in Kandor. I didn't see that coming and it's a great twist.

This book has been better.

thee great one said:
Issue 8 was great.

They switched artists again but the style was still the same. So Saturn Girl and Ultraman are the ones in Kandor. I didn't see that coming and it's a great twist.

This book has been better.

Are you serious? I thought it was atrocious.

Kara really isn't characterized very well. Her motives are completely unclear, and not in a good way. She's going to marry evil Superman? :roll: pleeeeease.

The whole Ultraman/Saturn Queen thing was silly (and it wasn't exactly a twist. Everyone should have seen it coming the moment they saw the Saturn on her chest), and didn't reveal anything about the characters.

The power levels of the characters are incredibly inconsistent, especially Power Girl.

And most important, the plot didn't go anywhere. We have no clue why Kandor's as it is. We have no motivation for Ultraman and Saturn Queen, as well as no real characterization. Kara really isn't fleshed out any more. It doesn't have any serious impact on the universe. And the whole plot was just lame.

Oh well...

EDIT: Praised be You, God of Thread Transfer

Last edited:
I could've sworn I posted more stuff about this series than one post??? Oh well....

Anyways...I wasn't really digging the Kandor arc. It came outta nowhere and made no sense. And then once it did make sense...it was stupid.

Thank God for #9. It gave some great characterization of Kara and really portrayed her as a 16 year old girl trying to find her place in the world and cope with all the crazy stuff that has been happening recently. Something that was the real shining star of the first arc.

It looks like the series is back on track and I have high hopes for the future of this.

Plus I love the cover. Great nod to Frank Quietly's All-Star Superman cover.

38168fulmi2.jpg
47184fuled3.jpg

No.

There is enough storytelling material with one Superman.

Kill Supergirl and Superboy and Superdog and Superdildo off. I don't need them. None of us need them. Power Girl is OK because she's got the boomin' breastices. The rest of them... DIE.

Seriously.

There is only room for one Superperson and that's Superman. Period.

Willverine said:
No.

Kill Supergirl and Superboy and Superdog and Superdildo off. I don't need them. None of us need them. Power Girl is OK because she's got the boomin' breastices. The rest of them... DIE.

Seriously.

Normally I'd agree. The whole dog, cloned younger version, female cousin from another universe, etc. I hate the idea. One Super is enough.

But with Supergirl....I admit that I like it. It works.

Willverine said:
No.

Seriously.

I disagree, sir!

Superman has already come to grips with the fact that he's an adopted son of Earth. He's their protector, and he's settled in comfortably to his dual role as Clark and Superman.

Supergirl's about what Superman HASN'T been for a long time, and what Superman CAN'T be at this point in time. It's about a stranger from another world with powers beyond human comprehension coming to grips with her powers and deciding how she needs to use them. Supergirl's in a lot of ways what Superman used to be about, but can't be any more. She definitely has her own and unique niche in the DCU.

Superboy's got some interesting ideas behind him. The whole living in Superman's shadow angle, and having to deal with a dark shared parentage.... But I really think he might work better dead.

And Krypto.... Come on, man! How can you not like Krypto? Sure, he may be a little silly, but he's one of those characters that just needs to get grandfathered in. Personally, I'm not too worried about us getting a Krypto DCU book anytime soon, so let him just stay in the background as a sort of silly addition to the Supes family.

If anyone DOESN'T deserve a place, it's Power Girl. Sure, she may have stood for certain feminist philosophy at some point in time, but where she's at now, she's just a JSA bruiser with fantastically huge funbags.She served as a plot device for Infinite Crisis, but she hasn't been characterized in a particularly interesting way for a very long time.

Besides, Supergirl's way hotter. There's nothing wrong with PG, but I'll take the nubile and fit blonde girl over a bodybuilder chick any day of the week.

Zombipanda said:
I disagree, sir!

Superman has already come to grips with the fact that he's an adopted son of Earth. He's their protector, and he's settled in comfortably to his dual role as Clark and Superman.

Supergirl's about what Superman HASN'T been for a long time, and what Superman CAN'T be at this point in time. It's about a stranger from another world with powers beyond human comprehension coming to grips with her powers and deciding how she needs to use them. Supergirl's in a lot of ways what Superman used to be about, but can't be any more. She definitely has her own and unique niche in the DCU.

Superboy's got some interesting ideas behind him. The whole living in Superman's shadow angle, and having to deal with a dark shared parentage.... But I really think he might work better dead.

And Krypto.... Come on, man! How can you not like Krypto? Sure, he may be a little silly, but he's one of those characters that just needs to get grandfathered in. Personally, I'm not too worried about us getting a Krypto DCU book anytime soon, so let him just stay in the background as a sort of silly addition to the Supes family.

If anyone DOESN'T deserve a place, it's Power Girl. Sure, she may have stood for certain feminist philosophy at some point in time, but where she's at now, she's just a JSA bruiser with fantastically huge funbags.She served as a plot device for Infinite Crisis, but she hasn't been characterized in a particularly interesting way for a very long time.

Besides, Supergirl's way hotter. There's nothing wrong with PG, but I'll take the nubile and fit blonde girl over a bodybuilder chick any day of the week.

DING DING DING!!!!

Zombipanda said:
I disagree, sir!

I agree 100%
Krypto is awesome, I want to see him since he attacked Superboy Prime in Infinite Crisis.

Latest posts

Back