Supergirl TV Series [SPOILERS]

Superman will appear in the Supergirl season 2 premiere

"Greg, Ali and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl. Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!" said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.

shocked2.jpg

That's cool.

It better be Tom Welling with Erica Durance as Lois.

Move on, already. Welling is still the worst Superman ever, and I say that acknowledging how un-Superman Cavill's version has been written/portrayed. Just... no.

Plus Welling won't wear the Superman suit anyway, so what's the point?

RUMOR: Batwoman, Oracle, and possibly even Batman coming to Supergirl

Kathy/Kate Kane and her alter ego, Batwoman, will appear on Supergirl as a recurring role. She will be Maggie Sawyer's ex, whose adventures as Batwoman occasionally take her to National City.

Barbara Gordon will also appear as Oracle (mostly so as not to have Batwoman AND Batgirl).

Babs will develop a strong friendship with Kara, Supergirl. The Oracle/Batwoman relationship is being modeled after the original Chuck Dixon Era Birds Of Prey, but with Kathy/Kate as the operative instead of Dinah.

Batman himself is still tied to the Gotham deal at Fox, but Fox has been approached to share the character for a fee. It would likely only be economically feasible if an actor playing Bruce Wayne and Batman were made a series regular across the whole network to defer the licensing costs to Fox.

Fox obtained the Batman and Gotham TV rights as part of a deal that included giving Warner Bros the go ahead to release Batman '66 on DVD. Even if Gotham were to end, they would retain rights as long as the DVDs were being sold.

John Wesley Shipp will be the third actor who will become a series regular across the whole CW DC Universe, after Wentworth Miller and John Barrowman. He will (obviously) be playing Jay Garrick, not Henry Allen.

Matt Ryan could get a similar deal as the network tests the streaming audience of Constantine as well as his appearances on the network this upcoming season. The Vampire Diaries is ending after this season and the network wants to keep Fridays as their horror night, probably pairing a Constantine-led series with workhorse Supernatural, which gets decent ratings whatever time slot it is moved to. iZombie is also seen as strong enough to lead Fridays with Supernatural if need be.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;EtdK8un_VN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtdK8un_VN0[/video]
I can't tell you how happy that made me. It feels so good that Superman is back in the comics and now live action.

New trailer, Gotham gets name dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwU3p2fLtQg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;EtdK8un_VN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtdK8un_VN0[/video]
I can't tell you how happy that made me. It feels so good that Superman is back in the comics and now live action.

New trailer, Gotham gets name dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwU3p2fLtQg

Looks like a lot of fun. I enjoyed Season 1 of Supergirl. It had a lot of "meh" moments, and some stinker episodes, but overall it was enjoyable. And the Martian Manhunter reveal was great. Everyone was predicting him to be other characters, and his reveal as J'onn was just spectacular (plus great CGI sold it).

Now Superman? So good. So damn good. Plus Hoechlin seems to understand the character well:

It's Superman as I think he was intended to be, which is just an incredible symbol of hope to kids that they can do anything, that they can be good people, and that good people can triumph over evil. You don't have to be dark and brooding and always in this state of masculine toughness. He sits in that very hopeful and optimistic place that Kara tends to be in.

I am going to be pissed if DC don't allow them to pursue their own version of Justice League. They've got all the big name characters in that universe other than Batman and Wonder Woman. Make it happen, CW! Probably won't but I can dream.

Also, even though Arrow sucks, apparently Deathstroke returns for the 100th episode. Not sure if we'll see Manu playing him or if it'll be the future version (Ravager). Hopefully the former. Arrow desperately needs to get back its Season 2 mojo.

Last edited:
I'm only two episodes in, but this season is easily the most fun I've had with a comic adaptation in years

nlT2AKU.jpg

Despite the cheese factor, Supergirl is pretty fun. Really all the DC CW shows have that: overwhelming cheese but a fun aspect that can't be denied, even Arrow this season (its still the weakest of the four shows but has improved so much over Seasons 3-4).

Supergirl occurs on Earth-38

[video=youtube;V4fh9HTOJmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fh9HTOJmE[/video]

I'm an episode behind, but Kara just referenced Batman. I hope that goes somewhere.

Last edited:
I'm an episode behind, but Kara just referenced Batman. I hope that goes somewhere.

It won't. It was a cool nod but WB are very protective of the character and seem unwilling to allow him to be utilized on TV outside animation, so as not to conflict/compete with the DCEU version. Which is weird since they have Gotham airing (though we're unlikely to ever see Batman except in a possible flash forward in finale episode a la how Smallville handled not showing Welling in the suit beyond the final scene of the show), and they aren't utilizing that restrictive approach with Flash on CW.

There seems to be no through line to the logic WB/DC is using, except perhaps in terms of Batman being their biggest cash cow and them being protective and downright prohibitive in regards to him as a result.

After all, Arrow also referenced Batman and Oracle but won't ever be able to use them, least as it stands now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back