Supergirl TV Series [SPOILERS]

The World's Finest episode is the only episode of Supergirl I've seen. I liked it. The show is very cute, to the point of being rather cheesy at times, but it's fun over all.

Best episode of Supergirl yet. I loved every second of it. Cat was at maximum sass.

The four of you stranding around doing nothing. You look like the attractive yet non-threatening diverse cast of a CW show.

Then neither will I, don't reduce your best character
It's not the show reducing her. Flockhart agreed to come on to Supergirl because the show was based in L.A. where she lives. With the show moving to Canada, she won't want to live there most of the year for shooting, but will do episodes here and there.

Supergirl will still be on Mondays at 8pm. Also, it will be part of the annual crossover in December along with Legends as well. That's an epic 4-show/night crossover coming. Meanwhile, Calista Flockhart may not return as series regular.

There might be more news after CW's Upfront today.

If that's true, wonder if they're going to premiere Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 in December, or just have them appear on the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow episodes as a lead-in to their likely January, 2017 premiere?

I'm also wondering how they're going to handle the fact Supergirl occurs on a different Earth. Will they fold her world into Earth-1, or keep it a separate reality? I'm assuming the former, but does that mean we could get a sort of mini-Crisis across the DC-CW shows to condense it to Earth-1 (and maybe explain away some of the cast changes due to Supergirl's moving from LA to Vancouver).

If that's true, wonder if they're going to premiere Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 in December, or just have them appear on the Supergirl/Flash/Arrow episodes as a lead-in to their likely January, 2017 premiere?
Actually, Legends will be premiering in October. I'd say that means it's getting the full 23-episode season order.

Well, yeah since The CW Chief said they're planning it. :p

Right. Well, he didn't say it'd necessarily be across all four shows, though that's obviously the case. I just thought LoT Season 2 wouldn't start until January as it did this year. Didn't realize they gave it a full season order for second season, especially due to its higher production costs per episode due to period settings (that tends to drive up costs of set building/CGI, and costuming to a noticeable degree since they can't rely on real world locations as much like they do in Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl).

Between that and acquiring Supergirl seems CW is ponying up some extra production cash this year. I guess they figured out the superhero shows are probably their bread and butter, and help bring in male viewers between ages 18-34 (a coveted demographic for CW) who don't normally tune into CW's teen/female-oriented shows.

I just really hope they bring in a good majority of the characters I listed (shame about Alan Scott but there's plenty of options otherwise). Really, really hope they bring Jim Corrigan back as Spectre. Really want to see that plot picked up from Constantine, and by this point any exclusivity contracts with NBC should have expired. It'd provide both a great fan service moment but also a decidedly different aspect than the sci-fi time travel tales we've been getting, and could offer some awesome story-telling potential.

It's also a possibility for yet another spin-off show: Justice Society of America.

Oh, man, that'd be awesome. And like I said, they've already introduced a large portion of the more well known JSA members on Arrow (Wildcat and Holt/Mr. Terrific), Flash (Jay Garrick... the real one, who may be the man in the iron mask), Spectre/Jim Corrigan (from Constantine), Dr. Fate (the helmet was introduced on Constantine), etc.

Sorry, tangent. Just excited for that, and Supergirl airing on CW and the crossover/story potential that brings. Just eager to see how they fold it all together.

Last edited:
Superman will appear in the Supergirl season 2 premiere

"Greg, Ali and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl. Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!" said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.

shocked2.jpg

Latest posts

Back