Superhero

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Dimension Sets Superhero Cast
Source: Dimension Films
September 20, 2007

Dimension films has announced the start of principal photography and the ensemble cast for the feature comedy Superhero. Written and directed by Craig Mazin (Scary Movie 3, Scary Movie 4), the ensemble cast includes Drake Bell (Nickelodeon's "Drake and Josh"), Sara Paxton (Aquamarine), Christopher McDonald (Requiem for a Dream), Leslie Nielsen (Scary Movie 4, Scary Movie 3, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult), Kevin Hart (Along Came Polly), Marion Ross ("Happy Days," The Evening Star), Ryan Hansen ("Veronica Mars"), Jeffrey Tambor ("Arrested Development"), and Brent Spiner (Independence Day, "Star Trek: First Contact"). David Zucker (Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult, The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!, Airplane) and Robert K. Weiss (Scary Movie 4, Scary Movie 3, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult) will serve as producers on Superhero. The announcement was made today by Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company and Dimension Films.

After record-breaking successes on Scary Movie 3, Scary Movie 4, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult, The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!, and The Naked Gun 2: The Smell of Fear, filmmakers Craig Mazin, David Zucker and Robert K. Weiss are reversing some of the key roles they held in these successful collaborations -- Craig Mazin will direct Superhero with the legendary David Zucker serving as a writer and producer on the project.

Superhero will follow in the traditions of "Airplane" and "Naked Gun" in spoofing the conventions of the popular superhero movie genre.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Craig and David are comedic geniuses. With this great script and this talented team at the helm, 'Superhero,' is certain to be another winner for all of us."

I heard of this awhile a go and was intrested , It has scary movie writer which maybe bad as all the scary movies sucked IMO , But I will still give it a try , cast seems like this may be cool as it has people like Leslie Nielsen , Brent Spiner and few other cool people

It seems an awful lot to me like they're trying to downplay the horribleness of Scary Movie 4, Date Movie and Epic Movie by saying "Hey? Remember how good The Naked Gun movies were? Well, this is like those! You know.... 'cause we were kind of involved...".

I hope this is good, but it looks like a scam from here.

It seems an awful lot to me like they're trying to downplay the horribleness of Scary Movie 4, Date Movie and Epic Movie by saying "Hey? Remember how good The Naked Gun movies were? Well, this is like those! You know.... 'cause we were kind of involved...".

I hope this is good, but it looks like a scam from here.

Oh yee of little fate

*remembers saying the same thing for epic movie*

Never mind as you were

I, for one, am pretty bored with big-budget spoof flicks. The Scary Movie series was cool up until part 3. Epic Movie was a snoozer. I think I'll pass.

Blarg. May it go the way of most of their movies and be largely forgotten.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Armageddagain: The Day Before Tomorrow is going to be so much better.

Finally New Superhero Movie Details
Source: ComingSoon.net
January 31, 2008

It's been a while since we talked about Dimension Films and MGM's Superhero Movie, a spoof comedy from writer/director Craig Mazin and producer David Zucker. The movie, opening March 28, stars Sara Paxton, Leslie Nielsen, Drake Bell, Christopher McDonald, Kevin Hart, Marion Ross, Ryan Hansen, Jeffrey Tambor and Brent Spiner

We can tell you that the trailer is coming very soon--either this weekend or next weekend--and that ComingSoon.net has posted the plot, which goes like this:

Finally, the guys behind the outrageously silly "Scary Movie" franchise have used their own 'special powers' to spoof superhero movies. After being bitten by a genetically altered dragonfly, high school loser Rick Riker develop superhuman abilities like incredible strength and armored skin. Rick decides to use his new powers for good and becomes a costumed crime fighter known as "The Dragonfly." However, standing in the way of his destiny is the villainous Lou Landers. After an experiment gone wrong, Lou develops the power to steal a person's life force and in a dastardly quest for immortality becomes the supervillain, "The Hourglass." With unimaginable strength, unbelievable speed and deeply uncomfortable tights, will the Dragonfly be able to stop the sands of The Hourglass and save the world? More importantly, will we stop laughing long enough to notice?

This gives me hope as usually these films story goes and directly copies the movies parody.

BUT It looks like they are actually putting in some effort. Sure some of the story borrows from films but from the description it wasn't the over the top way just little things.

Could be fun.

I saw the trailer, pretty funny. If it weren't for the absolute direct parody of the Spider-man movie. I mean there's so much you could make fun off to the superhero genre and not just parodying every scene from another movie. Come up with your own plot, and own super heroes, take inspirations for sure but not direct.

So so far it doesn't look horrible from the get go like Meet the spartans and the *insert genre* Movies. Though I dont have much faith that it won't be as bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, it being a scene-for-scene remake of Spider-Man might get annoying, and it's too bad they didn't make a better costume, and Superhero Movie is a horribly ****ty title(Superhero! would've been better, Dragonfly better still), but I much prefer this to the pop-culture ridden bull**** of the other films they do.

Also, this is Zucker and Nielsen and them, not the two Date Movie/Epic Movie/Meet The Spartans idiots. Basically, if there hadn't been dozens of of ****ty parody movies over the past couple years, this would look considerably better than it does, but even so.... the trailer made it look funny enough(where as I honestly didn't laugh ONCE at anything in in the trailers for those other three). I might see it.

Last edited:
I just watched the trailer after seeing people talk about it. It is pretty funny. I didn't know that Drake was the main hero. (Yes I liked Drake & Josh) but I am disappointed by the basically spider-man re-enactment.

I'm hoping with this been trailer 1 , trailer 2 might have batman clips or x-men or something. You know so we can see it's more than one movie.

Latest posts

Back