Superman Returns or X3

What do you think will be better: Superman Returns or X3?

• Total voters
You can not argue that xmen 3 will be good simply bescause xmen 1 and 2 was good. That fact is When Singer left, so did most of his writing team, x3 was rushed into production they changed directors from a fan favorite to someone no fans really like, they finished the script I think a month before production and a story we've all seen a thousand times. And watching that danger room scene, I can tell the dialogue seems pretty bad just by Storm's two lines, you know how I know that? cause Halle Berry has nothing but corny lines (the lightning line form X1 anyone?) and now she's getting the second most screen time even though most fans do not like her portrayalof the character that much.

The action will most likely be better, but if you looking for a film that has a great director, great cast, a great story, with next to no problems with production then go for Superman Returns. But hey if you dont care about plot and just action then X3, overal I say Superman Returns will be the better movie

This battle is as age old as Debbie Gibson vs Tiffany.

But comparing the 2 pop idols (along with X3 vs Superman) is like trying compare Taco Bell and McDonalds. While operating within the fast food empire...they are 2 entirely different beasts all their own.

Directors
Bryan Singer - is a character driven director. He is competent enough direct an action scene--but his talents lie not within the external battle....but the conflict within. Who cares if Supes can stop a missle or falling airplane.....we all know how strong he is. The big question is how will win the fight for Lois's heart now that she's learned to live and love without him?
Brett Ratner - Famous for the Rush Hour flicks. :neutral: That is neither a good or bad fact. Mainly because while neither film will ever win any sort prestigous award...but damned if they aren't entertaining. And while his characters might be cookie-cutter or filled with holes....he does know action. And that is what X3 is about.

Cast
Superman - While there are many supporting characters in this story...the story itself focuses on Supes. He is the star. His thoughts...actions...feelings...desires all need to clear and presented. When the story lies on you to carry it, you can't have the audience trying to figure out his motives in letting Luthor go this time in order to save someone else who is ultimatel trivial.
X3 - We are now talking about a large cast. You cannot have a movie based on a group of people and focus on each one of them. You need to have key focus points. And those would be the money names. The ones who draw the big bucks. You can't seriously excpect the marquee to read X3 starring Ellen Page and Sean Ashmore?!?! Although many fans are disappointed in the over-emphasis of Wolverine and Storm....you can't blame the studios for making the smart business decision. Because face it---you will see both these films. And they will get paid. And that's the bottom line.

So you see....trying to figure out which one is better is like trying to decide whether a Big Mac is better than a Burrito Supreme. 2 different tastes...

This really needs a Bass option.

But since I have to choose... I more interested in Superman Returns because the two **** films that came before it are over 10 years old, so I'm more hopeful it's not going to make the same mistakes they did.

I doubt I can say the same for X3.

Victor Von Doom said:
So you see....trying to figure out which one is better is like trying to decide whether a Big Mac is better than a Burrito Supreme. 2 different tastes...
Actually you can choose between a big mac and a burrito supreme, a big mac fills my needs, while a burrito makes me n**** faster... thats not pleasant

Ice said:
The hell I didn't. :?

Well, someone changed it to "Which movie do you think WILL do better?" and I thought it was you, since you're the only other mod in here...

ProjectX2 said:
Well, someone changed it to "Which movie do you think WILL do better?" and I thought it was you, since you're the only other mod in here...
I swear I don't remember writing "will do".

Seriously.

:(

Last edited:
Random said:
Actually you can choose between a big mac and a burrito supreme, a big mac fills my needs, while a burrito makes me n**** faster... thats not pleasant

What you and your girly stomach can handle is irrelevant. This is about Debbie and Tiffany---errr I mean Superman and X3.

Man, I just saw the trailer for Superman Returns. It was awsome! I think this movie will just kill X-3.

Victor Von Doom said:
What you and your girly stomach can handle is irrelevant. This is about Debbie and Tiffany---errr I mean Superman and X3.
Do you get it the my intestinal problems represent my hatred of ****ty plots

Random said:
thats just a great medaphor

And this is puppets laughing maniacally...

laffpuppet014lx.gif

As a collector of MARVEL and as someone who has never bought a DC comic book, it pains me to say Superman Returns, but, after seeing the new trailer just released today, X3 looks terrible compared to it.

See, I think X3 will be better because with the trailers, X3 has me excited to see the movie in 24 days. The action, the drama, the great story it's going to tell.

Superman Returns on the otherhand doesn't make me jump up and down to see the movie. Trailer looks good, Spacey already seems great as Luthor, but wether alone or comparing it to the X3 trailer, it still holds no candle.

The trailer confirms it: SR makes X3 look like a *****.

srpwnsx3.jpg

PWNS
x3allaboutstorm.jpg

Latest posts

Back