Sword of Omens.. give me sight beyond sight! THUNDERCATS: The Movie!!!!

No it doesn't.
Yeah it does

TMNT wasn't as bad as lets say... Ghost Rider, but that doesn't make it good.

It was good. Not great but good.

Because common sense says it will.
No common sense says that warner bros are trying to relaunch it. New cartoon planned , original series out on dvd. There are not going to do this half assed.

Cat people fighting a mummy won't translate well to the big screen. Sorry.

Could of said the same about a man in red and blue tights firing webbing but spider-man was good.

Or people with metal claws and women with blue skin but x-men was good

Or how about a batman film since everyone had given up on it after batman and robin but batman begins was good.

All that is needed is a bit of make up , styled hair , contacts and you have a thundercat. Mummra may have been a mummy but that can work too. You just have to have a little faith in it. Sure I know this won't be like cartoon but it will still be good.

Could of said the same about a man in red and blue tights firing webbing but spider-man was good.

Or people with metal claws and women with blue skin but x-men was good

Or how about a batman film since everyone had given up on it after batman and robin but batman begins was good.

You could, but people know about Spider-Man, Batman and the X-Men. The Thundercats aren't that commonly known.

See....in the US it's kinda different. It was popular...back in the day. And it's not a cult thing here. It's just a retro thing.

You might see one or 3 people a MONTH wearing a TC shirt.

See....in the US it's kinda different. It was popular...back in the day. And it's not a cult thing here. It's just a retro thing.

You might see one or 3 people a MONTH wearing a TC shirt.
I haven't seen one in a few months. But when I did, it was definetly less then 3 people within weeks.

I live in the uk and I don't see a single person in one. last time i did was months ago and I go all over the uk with work

Might just be Wales then....lol
Seriously, Thundercats T-Shirts are everywhere I go... and rightfully so. Its an awesome show.
They were popular here in Manila several years ago, but it was really part of a generalized 80s pop culture nostalgia fad, rather than anything specific to the franchise (which is kinda sad, because I have a definite soft spot for the cartoon).

Incidentally, considering the amount of discussion in this thread, perhaps now would be a good time to remind you all that there is an ongoing game on the board, to pick a dream cast for a hypothetical Thundercats movie. The game ends tomorrow, so hurry! At the moment, Mole stands to win in an uncontested race. We could sure use a little more competition over there.

The game ends tomorrow, so hurry! At the moment, Mole stands to win in an uncontested race. We could sure use a little more competition over there.

Technically the round is closed now.

I'm on Central time so my submission is very last minute so technically my submission shouldn't even count.

Latest posts

Back