Sword of Omens.. give me sight beyond sight! THUNDERCATS: The Movie!!!!

Shhh! I was hoping nobody would notice my "ninja extension" of the game. :twisted:

You asian people and your ninja-this and ninja-that. :roll:

:p

Extension is fine.

Anyways...back to the actual film topic at hand----where was I? Oh yeah.......

Meh. Still not excited. I'm just not hyped for these 80s cartoon live-action remakes. And to boot---all this crap is, is just studios buying up rights to the properties so that they can maybe put it out there.

Same thing happened with all the comic films. Spiderman and X-Men do big and all the studios buy up rights to produce a comic film of their own. And then it gets tied up in legal hell. I mean how long were we talking about Ray Park play Iron fist? I mean jeez.....make the ****ing film already.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that GI Joe is gonna get made into a live-action film. Oh wait...it already has. Well what's next? A He-Man/She-Ra live action crossover? MASK? How about Dino-Riders? Or maybe Dinosaucers?

So stupid. Someone call me when Hollywood decides to stop raping my childhood with a sandpaper condom.........sans lube.

I had a pretty good idea for making a thundercats movie and thought it could be possible, but when I first heard this news it felt like a thousands voices crying in pain and then silience... this will be bad, not basing this on any kind of review of the script, ore production ideas, just a gut feeling, this will blow.

Also Sam Jackson as Panthro = Horrible idea. If you must have a famous actor Michael Clarke Duncan is the only one I can picture.

Last edited:
Also Sam Jackson as Panthro = Horrible idea. If you must have a famous actor Michael Clarke Duncan is the only one I can picture.

i been tryin to tell these guys that Sam Jackson is NOT Panthro! its gotta be either MCD or Ving Rhames.

How about neither? Or anyone for that matter.

CBR:

Actors worried about the chafing effects of fur can rest easy -- more news from the Los Angeles Times (noted at Cinematical) notes that the proposed feature film from neophyte screenwriter Paul Sopocy would be an animated affair. So no full size Thundertank, after all ...

Last edited:
How about neither? Or anyone for that matter.

CBR:

Yeah....I thought I read something about that earlier this week. I couldn't remember whetehr it said animated or CGI like TMNT.

Either way, I'll probably just wait until DVD.

CBR:

THUNDERCATS

According to Variety, video game veteran Jerry O'Flaherty has been chosen to direct the CG-animated feature film based on the '80s toy and cartoon property. "It feels like a natural thing for me to step into," O'Flaherty said. "Games have come so far now. The last four years of my life have been about bringing the energy of filmmaking into the video game experience." O'Flaherty will now work with screenwriter Paul Sopocy on the script. Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Productions, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

ice said:
The origin story expands on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

The property revolves around a group of humanoid cats who must flee the planet of Thundera, which is destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer bent on killing them off.

This sounds cool , They seem to know what it needs to be so lets hope they don't **** it up.

Last edited:
Yeap, it's been posted a few posts above.

I know but you left off the

The origin story expands on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

The property revolves around a group of humanoid cats who must flee the planet of Thundera, which is destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer bent on killing them off.

Which is the bit that made me think bingo they hit nail on the head with that one.

I thought we would get more news on this by now

Latest posts

Back