Teen Titans Movie

Slade from the Animated Series is nowhere NEAR as cool as Deathstroke from the comics.

The only reason they didn't call him Deathstroke is that they thought the name would scare children.

Yes-just what I was going to say.

I think the show's producers were concerned about censorship-that's probably why Slade isn't as menacing as his comic-book counterpart.

Last edited:
Slade from the Animated Series is nowhere NEAR as cool as Deathstroke from the comics.

The only reason they didn't call him Deathstroke is that they thought the name would scare children.

I know , I'm pulling your leg as you really seem to hate all things teen titans cartoon related. :lol:

And up until the prequels killed the Expanded Universe, Boba Fett was not his real name, he was formerly a Journeyman Protector named Jaster Mereel. (and that backstory kicks the *** of the Jango Fett clone backstory)

Yes and originally superman didn't fly :lol: but yeah I like the new idea that Jaster Mereel is just his alias. I might not like the clone part but I like the alias part as to me it makes him tougher using his real name and using the alias during hunts where people are a)keeping a look out for anyone names Boba or b) in areas where he may be wanted for killing ect.....

I could go on more with a discussion on the prequels and Eu but that would be off topic so i'll stop it here

I dunno, everytime I hear the name "Deathstroke" I think it's a euphemism for masturbation. As in (little death = orgasm) + (stroke) = masturbation.

Dr.Strangefate said:
And up until the prequels killed the Expanded Universe, Boba Fett was not his real name, he was formerly a Journeyman Protector named Jaster Mereel. (and that backstory kicks the *** of the Jango Fett clone backstory)
Trust in Lucas and his supreme franchise authority powers to **** everything up.

I dunno, everytime I hear the name "Deathstroke" I think it's a euphemism for masturbation. As in (little death = orgasm) + (stroke) = masturbation.

Me too :lol:

Trust in Lucas and his supreme franchise authority powers to **** everything up.

To be fair he didn't **** anything up.

The EU is not Cannon. Most are official but not cannon or semi cannon. The ones that are 100% cannon lucas did not mess up and if he did He made people do other EU stuff that was cannon/semi cannon to fix it.

To be fair he didn't **** anything up.

The EU is not Cannon. Most are official but not cannon or semi cannon. The ones that are 100% cannon lucas did not mess up and if he did He made people do other EU stuff that was cannon/semi cannon to fix it.
I wasn't placing the responsibility of the Expanded Universe on his shoulders. I'm fairly aware it's non-canonical.

I was saying, "trust Lucas to favor creating his own lame stories instead of really awesome ones in the comics, books, etc." Which is why I said "supreme franchise authority powers". It means that he has every right to say what is canon or not, he has the final deciding power, and I don't begrudge him the right to that power.

So the buck stops with Lucas, no question. I just don't trust Lucas to stand aside and ever favor the Expanded Universe content no matter how good --- or bad --- any of it is.

Boba Fett Did , and bounty hunter and mercenaries are similar. I guess he's just cooler and less afraid :lol:

Boba Fett's a *****. Deathstroke the original terminator would kick his *** just like he did the JLA's.

I wouldn't mind them to make this movie, as long as Nightwing is a completely revamped character, with no relation to Batman whatsoever. Don't even call him Dick Grayson. Just have him be a cop-by-day, expert crimefighter-by-night in Bludhaven (don't know how to do umlauts!).

I'd also prefer if it was just called 'The Titans', which leaves an option for adult heroes to be in it as well.

I think the Batman connection is one of the main reasons the movie might get made.

Although I don't think we'll be seeing Chris O'Donnell anywhere.

I think the Batman connection is one of the main reasons the movie might get made.

Although I don't think we'll be seeing Chris O'Donnell anywhere.

...but then they'll have to introduce Robin in the Nolan films...

No, I can't see them going in that direction. They revamped Catwoman, they can revamp Nightwing (and yes, I know Catwoman was a disaster, but this doesn't need to be).

Funnily enough, I actually love Chris O'Donnell as Robin, especially in Batman Forever.

WHy would they have to introduce Robin in the Nolan films in order to have a Dick Grayson Nightwing in Teen Titans?

Last edited:
Titans could be set at a date later than Batman Begins. THere's no need to introduce Nightwing as an all new character. Though I would like that they put Jason Todd in the Batman series just so we could have the death of Jason Todd scene with the Joker.

I know the kid who got cast as Dick Grayson in The Dark Knight... They filmed two scenes with him then decided to move the robin subplot to the third movie, because otherwise the movie would have been 3.5 hours.

*cough*

What was that? Me telling things I'm not supposed to tell? Fah, rediculous.

I know the kid who got cast as Dick Grayson in The Dark Knight... They filmed two scenes with him then decided to move the robin subplot to the third movie, because otherwise the movie would have been 3.5 hours.

*cough*

What was that? Me telling things I'm not supposed to tell? Fah, rediculous.

Woohoo! I want Robin in Batman!

Latest posts

Back