Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007 (Spoilers)

You must not have seen Street Fighter or Super Mario. :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: God those films sucked. Super Mario though thinking about it. It's so bad it's kinda funny :lol: :lol:

I still say they need to make Mario Kart : the film - imagine a cgi (like shrek or turtles) funny version of racing movies like fast and the furious. Mario meets disney's cars. Great film if they did :lol:

Not gonna happen, Laird has creative control over TMNT and he has said non Mirage characters like Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang will not appear (they were bosses in the game). Plus video games do not make good movies, because they have paper thin plots (seriously what is the story for that game?)
But they were characters in the original cartoon...

Yes, but it's likely that the rights aren't owned by Mirage, Eastman or Laird but by Playmates instead.

I think they are owned by Mirage, Eastman or Laird beacuse new cartoon = Had krang (or an alien look alike) have a tiny cameo in one episode and they said to him "shut up krang"

I think they are owned by Mirage, Eastman or Laird beacuse new cartoon = Had krang (or an alien look alike) have a tiny cameo in one episode and they said to him "shut up krang"
I wasn't saying that ALL the characters from the 1987 cartoon were excluded from the rights that Laird and Eastman have. Just some.

However, Krang is most definitely owned by Eastman and Laird because the Utroms --- the brain-aliens he is based on who make the apppearance you mention in the 2003 cartoon --- originally appeared in the comic book. Incidentally, they were peaceful nice guys in the comic.

However, Krang is most definitely owned by Eastman and Laird because the Utroms --- the brain-aliens he is based on who make the apppearance you mention in the 2003 cartoon --- originally appeared in the comic book. Incidentally, they were peaceful nice guys in the comic.

Yeah.

and your probably right about the other characters

I was only going by (my messed up) logic where if they were characters in a turtles show the people who own the rights to turtles own the rights to them.

But I was probably wrong so My bad

Yeah.

and your probably right about the other characters

I was only going by (my messed up) logic where if they were characters in a turtles show the people who own the rights to turtles own the rights to them.

But I was probably wrong so My bad
Don't worry about it. The licensing and rights to most cross-merchandised or multi-platform properties are REALLY REALLY REALLY messed up.

I remember a few years ago, a legal conflict ensued from two entities fighting over the fact that one had the 'animated' rights to something and the other had the 'movie' rights, and they couldn't decide who had the right to make an 'animated movie'. Can't remember what the property was, though.

Don't worry about it. The licensing and rights to most cross-merchandised or multi-platform properties are REALLY REALLY REALLY messed up.

I remember a few years ago, a legal conflict ensued from two entities fighting over the fact that one had the 'animated' rights to something and the other had the 'movie' rights, and they couldn't decide who had the right to make an 'animated movie'. Can't remember what the property was, though.

:lol: that would be a good a point. which would?

But they were characters in the original cartoon...

That is irrelevant, they are not Mirage characters so Laird will not allow them in the movies. He created the TMNT, so he gets creative control. Its like expecting the Wonder Twins to show up in a Justice League movie, it will never happen, so it is futile to wish otherwise.

That is irrelevant, they are not Mirage characters so Laird will not allow them in the movies. He created the TMNT, so he gets creative control. Its like expecting the Wonder Twins to show up in a Justice League movie, it will never happen, so it is futile to wish otherwise.

but could get similar characters like turtles 2 with the obvious rocksteady and beebob rip-offs (unless they were in comic before original show if so my bad)

but could get similar characters like turtles 2 with the obvious rocksteady and beebob rip-offs (unless they were in comic before original show if so my bad)

Nope, won't happen, Laird hates Bebop and Rocksteady, that's why they weren't in the new toon and I don't think he liked their replacements much either. It just won't happen, he doesn't like Bebop and Rocksteady There are few mutants in the Mirage comics, the turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were the only animals mutanted by the ooze. I think some random monsters showed up, some sort of bloodsucker creature in one arc, but I doubt they will make it. Frankly I kinda liked Slash, I thought it would be really easy to introduced him into the new cartoon, as a turtle clone created by Bishop or something, but it wasn't to be. Characters who have shown up in the new toon are way more likely to appear in the film, then characters who have appear in the old toon. Though Rat King is a Mirage character, so they could use him.

Nope, won't happen, Laird hates Bebop and Rocksteady, that's why they weren't in the new toon and I don't think he liked their replacements much either. It just won't happen, he doesn't like Bebop and Rocksteady There are few mutants in the Mirage comics, the turtles, Splinter and Leatherhead were the only animals mutanted by the ooze. I think some random monsters showed up, some sort of bloodsucker creature in one arc, but I doubt they will make it. Frankly I kinda liked Slash, I thought it would be really easy to introduced him into the new cartoon, as a turtle clone created by Bishop or something, but it wasn't to be. Characters who have shown up in the new toon are way more likely to appear in the film, then characters who have appear in the old toon. Though Rat King is a Mirage character, so they could use him.
Overlord's right. I forgot to mention that.

Many of the characters in the cartoon were in fact, created by Laird and Eastman, but they were developed specifically for the cartoon and were things they created for the cartoon's audience in mind. Which is a completely different proposition from developing them in other areas --- videogames, comics, et al. --- which means that Eastman and Laird are open to 'repurposing' the brand image for multiple platforms, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they will apply one aspect across all platforms.

Bebop and Rocksteady were excluded from the 2003 cartoon because they weren't what they wanted. Whether rights were an issue was beside the point, so it's not like they would have fought for them either.

They were in the original cartoon....

Latest posts

Back