Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007 (Spoilers)

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007

that trailer/teaser was great. and those posts kick ***

ty for posting them dude

sjmole said:
that trailer/teaser was great. and those posts kick ***

ty for posting them dude

Your welcome.

Man I can't wait till next year.

Ugh....never did like 'em as a kid. And now I am disgusted at Hollywood for trying to cash in on 80/90s youth nostalgia.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ugh....never did like 'em as a kid. And now I am disgusted at Hollywood for trying to cash in on 80/90s youth nostalgia.

This is why I'm not down with VVD. No taste. If you weren't a Turner fan, i would piss in your soup.

thee great one said:
This is why I'm not down with VVD. No taste. If you weren't a Turner fan, i would piss in your soup.

I was living in Germany at the time, so Turtles hadn't really hit there like it did America. So by the time they came out there I had already outgrown that brand of cartoon. So I just never found the whole concept very entertaining.

If you pissed in my soup I would merely devise a plan to cook your parents in chili and trick you into eating 'em. :lol: The fact that you are Turner fan is the only thing keeping your family alive and outt your belly.

And my hatred does not end with Turtles. Cashing in on Transformers and G.I Joe is wrong as well.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
I was living in Germany at the time, so Turtles hadn't really hit there like it did America. So by the time they came out there I had already outgrown that brand of cartoon. So I just never found the whole concept very entertaining.

If you pissed in my soup I would merely devise a plan to cook your parents in chili and trick you into eating 'em. :lol: The fact that you are Turner fan is the only thing keeping your family alive and outt your belly.

And my hatred does not end with Turtles. Cashing in on Transformers and G.I Joe is wrong as well.

How dare you quote south park.

Planet-man said:
Oh come ON!

Seriously. :roll:

You were born in '89. So if I am virtually 10 years older than you...why should by childhood interests be the same as yours? How hard is it to contemplate that fact?

By your logic I should be able to assume that you liked:
  • MASK
  • Dino-Riders
  • Kidd Video
  • BraveStarr
  • Thundercats
  • Silverhawks
  • G Force
  • Heathcliff (and or Marmaduke)
  • Punky Brewster
  • Fat Albert

I mean those were classic cartoons that I loved as a kid. By your logic, for you to say that you didn't like any one of those cartoons, meand I should be feeling the exact same way you do. But that would make me wrong.

Since I was like, 8, I did like Mask, Thundercat, Heatchcliff. Didn't watch the other ones. But I loved TMNT. And I don't care about Hollywood "cashing in" because they do that with anything. As long as the movie is good, they can "cash in" all they want.

Ice said:
And I don't care about Hollywood "cashing in" because they do that with anything. As long as the movie is good, they can "cash in" all they want.

See....and I'm not even mad that they're cashing in on nostaligia. I'm more disgusted by it. It's so cheap. Instead of trying for something orginal or new......they just do remake after remake.

But this also has alot to do with my disgust of this huge influx of CGI films instead of good ol' animation.

Victor Von Doom said:
See....and I'm not even mad that they're cashing in on nostaligia. I'm more disgusted by it. It's so cheap. Instead of trying for something orginal or new......they just do remake after remake.
Yeah, I've felt like that, too with them. About 95% of movies nowadays are either "Based on a true story," "Adaptation" or a "remake". Barely anything original.

Victor Von Doom said:
But this also has alot to do with my disgust of this huge influx of CGI films instead of good ol' animation.
Well, with how it goes these days, the only animation people will see will be on TV, mostly on Saturday mornings. :neutral:

Still, I personally think it will be interesting to see TMNT in full CGI. They never had anything CGI in the past (that I know of) for the movies. Even in the T.V. show where they introduced the girl turtle, which I can't even remember who she was. All that comes to mind is that 'her color' was blue green...I think. :?

Ice said:
Yeah, I've felt like that, too with them. About 95% of movies nowadays are either "Based on a true story," "Adaptation" or a "remake". Barely anything original.

Stuff like that is ok.....in moderation. Disney's "inspirational" films are notorious for that. But they don't pretend to be anything more than just that. Plus they only come out with about 1 (maybe 2) films a year so that's fine.

Ice said:
Well, with how it goes these days, the only animation people will see will be on TV, mostly on Saturday mornings. :neutral:

Which is sad because Saturday morning isn't even filled with cartoons anymore. I think the WB does a few hours...but nothing like Saturday mornings used to be. The rest of the shows are reruns of stuff like Lizzie McGuire and Raven. :roll:

But that's the way it works now. Actual animation just isn't cost-efficent anymore and is going the way of Floppy disks. With so many more people getting into computers and compuetr programing---CGI animation studios are like the new dotcoms. Throw in a cute lead character, find any somewhat famous celebs to do the voices, sprinkle in a couple pop culture references and boom......you get Hoodwinked. :roll:

It's just a sad time for animators and artists.

Anyways---back to TMNT........

I still think it'll suck.

Victor Von Doom said:

You were born in '89. So if I am virtually 10 years older than you...why should by childhood interests be the same as yours? How hard is it to contemplate that fact?

• MASK
  • Dino-Riders
  • Kidd Video
  • BraveStarr
  • Thundercats
  • Silverhawks
  • G Force
  • Punky Brewster
  • Fat Albert

I mean those were classic cartoons that I loved as a kid. By your logic, for you to say that you didn't like any one of those cartoons, meand I should be feeling the exact same way you do. But that would make me wrong.

I didn't watch any of those.

I love the new TMNT cartoon. It's so much better.

New Poster.

comiccon96.jpg

Victor Von Doom said:

Dude, you're lecturing ME about logic?

TMNT isn't just a "fad" or a "childhood interest", like the stuff you listed! TMNT is TMNT! Love it or leave it!

So, I'm asking you one last time...You Down?

:p

Victor Von Doom said:

True, but then again...you loved Superman Returns, didn't you? That was at best a re-imagining.

This I agree with. I love it when they use CGI for "visually stunning" films like Shrek, The Incredibles, and well...all the Disney/Pixar films. But when they start using it at random for stuff like "Barnyard" that could easily be done with animation, it ruins the magic.

Didn't Disney say that they were doing an 100% old-fashion hand-drawn animated feature sometime soon? Or was that just a rumour?

By the way, for you, Ice, and any other Thundercats fan here, I bring you: Blundercats!

Victor Von Doom said:

• MASK
  • Dino-Riders
  • Kidd Video
  • BraveStarr
  • Thundercats
  • Silverhawks
  • G Force
  • Punky Brewster
  • Fat Albert

Their not cashing on nostaligia. The mirage comics came 3 years before the first animated series, that was the origin of TMNT mythos and the first animated series had little in common with the mirage comics which was far more mature and dark (Leo cut off Shredder's head at one point.) The new cartoon and this film are based on the old mirage comics, the have nothing to do with the old cartoon. Saying this film is trying to cash in on nostaligia from the 80s cartoon, is as silly as saying the JLU cartoon was trying to cash in on the nostaligia from the Super Friends cartoon.

Latest posts

Back